Today Show - Fri., 2/6/09, Defense Team Is On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what you said, but has there ever been a case that didn't go to trial because they couldn't seat a jury? They will seat a jury somewhere, it will just take longer than normal. She will be convicted, IMO, and they can appeal until the cows come home. I don't think it will work.

I'm not sure & I'll have to resort to further researching it. I've been trying to find a case as such for 5 days now, but law books are very thick, and I'm not even a lawyer so I have to borrow from a friend of mine! One thing I am sure of, though, is the fact that this case is going to be used as case study in every major university in our country from this day forward. It'll become part of lawbooks, for all I know, b/c the prosecution as well as the defense will be able to learn from it (when studying law in college). The Sunshine Law provides a great & powerful means in supplying info to the public and not hiding most evidence. It won't matter if KC wins or loses b/c colleges across our country are learning more and more how this law can help as well as hinder an ongoing investigation. That, in and of itself, is newsworthy and keeps the public's attention. The public despises KC, and I'm part of that group, but that could help her imo b/c we haven't seen all of the evidence yet. I have faith that the prosecution will do their job and hope they'll obtain a guilty conviction, but I think there's still some stuff we haven't seen. In the meantime, as long as talk of KC (good or bad won't matter b/c all they need is for people to remember her name) remains in the news, the defense as well as prosecution could have a hard time finding an impartial jury. I forget how they did it with OJ, b/c he was so well known. I'll have to research where they found his potential jurors. I personally don't respect defense lawyers representing killers or pedophiles, so they don't have my best wishes,that's for sure...but by them bringing up BinLaden & Hitler, the public will be talking about it for weeks. I just searched some other forums and the posts are off the hook. This is only one forum, there's 100's of 1000's out there, so see what I'm saying? Every single news media is talking about it. I'm sure it'll be on the cover of some magazines in the future now, maybe even as a headline. I agree that its a very risky gamble that could very possibly have the opposite effect...I hope it does...I really hope it does.

I just finished watching this. MV stated clearly that the babysitter did not exist. She stated it as fact. Neither JB nor LKB stated anything to the contrary--not even a "Meredith you don't know that..." So my guess is the babysitter story is out the window. LKB stated "we believe our client is innocent"--not "our client is innocent" and there is a difference. Perhaps she means KC is innocent of the crime charged--premeditated murder --and they will run with an accidental death scenario and ask for a manslaughter instruction. JB said it will come down to the jury selection--that could only mean one thing--people who distrust LE. So my guess is they are going to say it was an accident and if you don't believe us--LE botched the investigation.

I strongly believe they will raise resonable doubt by implicating someone else - NOT ZFG but someone close to Casey.

It says to me that they are taking this case to a populated area with 911 victims and a large Jewish community, Jersey Girl, you may have to be our "inside girl".

I thought this same thing, but it still could be that they are going to claim that someone else did take Caylee and kill her. If they are going to try and throw Jessie or Tone under the bus, the above conversation with MV could still fit. Yes, they didn't argue with the fact that MV stated that there is no Zanny, but to me that doesn't completely shut down the argument that an actual person took Caylee from Casey and is the real killer. I still think the accidental death defense is more likely, but that remains to be seen!

I seriously think the defense will be to claim that either LA, CA or GA did it and that KC "took the bullet" for them. Hence, the A's attorney trying to get immunity so that when the big "confession" comes, they can't be held. It's the only thing left, other than insanity. Maybe they are claiming "innocent by reason of insanity"........

L. Baden said Casey is Obsma Bin Laden and J. Baez is Hitler as far as the public is concerned.

Casey is innocent and they won't disclose their defense strategy.

They say the forensics that LE is putting forward "may not be science."

Today is NBC.

:laugh:L. Baden said Casey is Obsma Bin Laden and J. Baez is Hitler as far as the public is concerned.

that's rich.....too funny.
:cow:

Comparing Casey to Harrison Ford is an insult to Harrison Ford. This story is not a MOVIE. Stating their case is another disrespectful act before the memorial. These defense atty's have no remorse. The almighty dollar is all they care about.

This case is leaked out everywhere nationwide, if you haven't heard about it, you do not watch TV.

Maybe Linda Baden will try this case on an isolated island with no cable.:(
Yes, yes, and yes!!!

It says to me that they are taking this case to a populated area with 911 victims and a large Jewish community, Jersey Girl, you may have to be our "inside girl".

No freakin' way. I wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm too passionate about children's rights. I'd have to choke her, myself, with my own bare hands. There's no way I could handle it without coming undone. But you can bet that, if I lived there, I'd be attending every single court case open to the public and involving KC...just so I could give her the evil eye. I'm pointing right now...

Let's see, the Mother of the Year horsepucky didn't sell, and neither will "The Fugitive". The BinLaden analogy, on the other hand.... :clap:

No freakin' way. I wouldn't be able to handle it. I'm too passionate about children's rights. I'd have to choke her, myself, with my own bare hands. There's no way I could handle it without coming undone. But you can bet that, if I lived there, I'd be attending every single court case open to the public and involving KC...just so I could give her the evil eye. I'm pointing right now...
I hear yah, I can't stand to look at her when NG is on:mad:

IMO, what is more telling is that we keep hearing the As want the truth of what happened regardless of who did it. With the defense team doing a media tour, NOW would be the time for a visit to KC by her family to find out the truth, recorded or witnessed. She was ready to talk when she was going to meet with her father... Lets play that game now, KC has to be getting desperate to see someone from her family.....

Guess the truth is they dont want to know.

I seriously think the defense will be to claim that either LA, CA or GA did it and that KC "took the bullet" for them. Hence, the A's attorney trying to get immunity so that when the big "confession" comes, they can't be held. It's the only thing left, other than insanity. Maybe they are claiming "innocent by reason of insanity"........

Well, I guess we shoudn't put it past her to do something so despicable. I still think if I were Jessie (already knows he's been accused) and Tone (there's nothing like a woman scorned...) - I'd be worried right now.

The case might still end up being tried right in Orlando.
Baez can present the motions for change of venues till he's blue in the face but the judge is the one to ultimately decide.
If it is tried elsewhere, it would have to be relatively close to keep costs down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv