bill stanton~independent investigator hired by anonymous man and woman benefactors

uggh, I don't like where I see this going. But you are right. Doesn't matter who hired him, I hear circus music.

I have to think there is no way in H*** that LE will be happy with this guy from NYC coming into KC MO, and acting like a hotshot. No way!

I frankly don't think this family knows what it's doing, and this guy probably just showed up there and said, "I am here to help!" He is inserting himself into the case like LP did. JMHO

IF this guy was hired by the network, I think one of his duties will be to reveal "new info" if new developments stop coming so, the media can continue to cover the case.

I don't think there is a hope in He$$ LE are going to give him the time of day! He will just broker deals for family members, I bet for the highest bidder.

ETA - NBC YOU SAY ~ yuck!

I really think the world is coming to an end. It's a sad day when a missing child is nothing more then a vehicle for television entertainment. Thank you Casey.

I really think the world is coming to an end. It's a sad day when a missing child is nothing more then a vehicle for television entertainment. Thank you Casey.

That goes back much farther than 2008. Look at JonBenet, or even the Lindbergh baby as I'm sure that was a huge circus too.

According to this article, the family asked him to help with the investigation:
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ly-seeks-assistance-from-private-investigator

Good catch, MamaK.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - In an Tuesday evening news conference, Bill Stanton, a private investigator, said he has been asked by the family to help find Lisa.
and....
He asked that the citizens of Kansas City keep one eye open for Lisa.
And the other eye on him, possibly.

IF this guy was hired by the network, I think one of his duties will be to reveal "new info" if new developments stop coming so, the media can continue to cover the case.

Yes! And unlike LE, who I'm sure have good reason for not releasing info to the public, this guy can just say whatever he wants with no proof!

True. But in his career as a private investigator, Bill Stanton has never been called upon to put a bullet between the eyes of an onrushing assailant. Or, as a matter of fact, to fire his weapon for any reason. However, the gun is an indispensable part of the show, and the show is an indispensable part of the job. For Stanton, being a private detective is a full-time, scenery-chewing, perception-building, high-octane performance -- from the sophisticated weaponry to the all-black Matrix-like outfit to the buffed-up body to the late-night escapades -- and it's a role he was clearly meant to play.

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/crimelaw/features/4259/

Is it me, or does this article seem to be one long commercial?

I don't think Bill was expecting this sort of reaction to his sudden appearance. He may have been thinking people would be relieved a PI was on the case and would naturally support a slick investigator who says they want to find Lisa.

Oh and why does he think detectives working this case would sit down with him and give him privy information just because he says he's an investigator?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back