Rule 24 Hearing set for Dec 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he gets DP then yes, for him, it would be considered the best present. 15-20 years possibly stuck in HE!! certainly is far better than 30-35 years spent in the same HE!!. I prefer LWOP to ensure a longer period of suffering if he is convicted.

NOT knowing all the evidence, what might be the aggravating factors to recommend the DP in this case?

Pecuniary motive

Hmmm, I always thought it was more in the way the murder was committed - dismemberment or other abuse of the body, torture prior to the murder. There will always be a motive, but that doesn't seem to be much of an aggravating factor to require the DP. But then what do I know about it?

Hmmm, I always thought it was more in the way the murder was committed - dismemberment or other abuse of the body, torture prior to the murder. There will always be a motive, but that doesn't seem to be much of an aggravating factor to require the DP. But then what do I know about it?

As I recall, there are 11 aggravators under NC statute - one is indeed for pecuniary gain. By murdering Nancy, and from his own words, money was obviously extremely important to Brad. I don't see this aggravater as being difficult to prove at all in Brads case.

There is one for atrocious or heinousness or cruel as well - don't know if that applies other than if Nancy was murdered at home in the presence of her children - I suppose a case could be made for that.

As I recall, there are 11 aggravators under NC statute - one is indeed for pecuniary gain. By murdering Nancy, and from his own words, money was obviously extremely important to Brad. I don't see this aggravater as being difficult to prove at all in Brads case.

There is one for atrocious or heinousness or cruel as well - don't know if that applies other than if Nancy was murdered at home in the presence of her children - I suppose a case could be made for that.

Ahhh, thanks, RC. I've learned something. And I didn't know about the 11 aggravators. So, indeed, money IS the root of all evil.

Ahhh, thanks, RC. I've learned something. And I didn't know about the 11 aggravators. So, indeed, money IS the root of all evil.

If there is proof Brad did this, considering his desire to keep his money and the way he disgustingly disposed of Nancy's body, he will be deserving of the harshest punishment that the jury can recomend. As long as he never steps outside of a prison again will work for me when it is all said and done.

If there is proof Brad did this, considering his desire to keep his money and the way he disgustingly disposed of Nancy's body, he will be deserving of the harshest punishment that the jury can recomend. As long as he never steps outside of a prison again will work for me when it is all said and done.

Yep, as long as he never steps outside of a US prison.

I think money itself is not evil, believe the love of it is at the root.

I think money itself is not evil, believe the love of it is at the root.

That's right. I'm actually now wondering if motive was hatred of NC more than the money issue. BC's greatest assets were his relative youth, health, ability to make very good income, intelligence. NC couldn't take those things from him, but could make his life miserable to a certain extent for many years to come. Maybe his hatred caused him to destroy her and also cause great loss to himself.

I guess we all just find it astounding that someone who has so much going for them could do this to another and to themselves and their children.

And the truly astounding thing is if the murderer truly believes he'll get away with it because he's so smart. As Columbo said-"The murderer has this one chance to do it right, whereas the police get to practice figuring this stuff out day after day." (something like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth