GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just it... She was groomed -- and she is a child.

Try to think back to how you thought as a child. I know different people mature or act differently at different ages. But at some point, we all still thought that we HAD to do what our parents and other adults said. We didn't realize we had a choice - almost like training elephants in the circus (put a huge chain on the baby elephant, they can't break free, they stop trying; put nice little cutesy rope on adult elephant b/c chain is no longer needed and rope looks better to the spectators). Same principle. I keep waiting for the day when my own children get old enough to realize that they don't have to do what we say. Sure, they pitch fits and don't always listen/obey immediately. But in the big scheme of things, they still look to us to control their lives. They don't realize that we don't have a big chain on them - it's all in their heads b/c they're children. I think Brittany is still at the stage of doing what an adult says b/c 'adults are in charge'. PLUS, she had been groomed. PLUS, she may have seen JE kill and/or beat her mom: she KNEW what he was capable of doing to her if he got angry with her. :twocents:

You are so right about this. When I was 15 (a pretty immature 15 too) I was sent against my will to a place for troubled teens. However, they were not completely on the up and up and a lot of abuse went on. They used the clients to do the abusing though. We did it. Painfully and improperly restrained other kids, confronted them viciously, deprived them of sleep, food etc. We never thought twice about it really because if we didn't, we'd be on the receiving end. We'd lose our status and have to start all over again and be there even longer. Anyway, there were other things too like talking about our sexual past to male staff members. The point being, I look back and know how we behaved and what we did was wrong. Back then, I didn't think I had a choice. The adults were intimidating and if we crossed them, it would have been hell.

<<<article snipped for update>>>>

"We found out pretty quickly that [Brittany] had not shown up for school. Nobody seemed to know where she was," Roanoke County Police Lt. Chuck Mason told WSET-TV. "We're concerned that her disappearance is going to be, at least a good possibility, it has something to do with the homicide."

Easley, 32, met Smith on the Internet this summer and moved into the family home in October, according to WDBJ, Channel 7 News. Easley, a divorced man from Wilmington, N.C., reportedly works for a local landscaping company. He was last seen in Southeast Roanoke on Friday night. Easley has family in North Carolina and Alabama, police said.

Authorities were initially looking for a 2000 Chevrolet SUV belonging to Easley, but they have since located the vehicle. They are now searching for Smith's car, a silver 2005 Dodge Neon sedan with Virginia tag XKF-2365.

Smith was reportedly divorced from Brittany's father, Ben Smith, a police officer in South Boston. Police said he was cooperating with the investigation.

In 2009, the Smiths made local headlines when their son, Tyler, died while playing the fainting game. The game is a dangerous practice, in which participants partially suffocate themselves, restricting oxygen and blood flow to the brain to get a euphoric rush.

"He's gone and I know that I won't be able to see him for a while," Brittany said of her brother in a September 2009 interview with WSET.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/police-missing-virginia-girl-in-extreme-danger/19750397

OMG....two tragedies in as many years...poor Brittany, I do hope she will adjust after her mothers murder...JMHO

I'd love to hear what the ex has to say about Easley...just curious of his personality, if he has children and such...JMHO

Justice for Tina

Great new she's home safe! God Bless! Hope the whole truth comes out eventually and justice is served on whoever it needs to be served on!

Keep thinking of all the aunts, grandmother, father, and what guilt feelings they all probably have right now, thinking "if only I had done or said this or that".

Also, they wanted her to be home to say goodbye at the funeral of her mom. How in the world will there be a funeral in peace and quiet for this family. The media is going to be all over this funeral unless they can somehow keep it a total secret of the where and when it will occur. I just hope the family can get BS back and somehow keep her out of the media now. She needs to heal and the family also will probably need extensive counseling on how to deal with all of this.

Something that came to my mind is how Shawn H. (the young boy who was kidnapped and held for 4 years) has somehow come through and seems to be happy and thriving now. That poor young man went through a living h***. I have seen him and his family on TV some and often thought, "who helped them and they must be sent from heaven above to be able to get this young man and his family to this point now". I surely hope this family of BS can get her help and even themselves and try to gain back some form of a normal life as soon as they possibly can but you know it will take years, not months. It does appear that BS's father is very active in his church and at least used to take BS with him when she was visiting him. I hope his church family reaches out and helps them as well.

Great new she's home safe! God Bless! Hope the whole truth comes out eventually and justice is served on whoever it needs to be served on!

Is there an article or video or did you just see this on the news? TIA

Something that came to my mind is how Shawn H. (the young boy who was kidnapped and held for 4 years) has somehow come through and seems to be happy and thriving now. That poor young man went through a living h***. I have seen him and his family on TV some and often thought, "who helped them and they must be sent from heaven above to be able to get this young man and his family to this point now". I surely hope this family of BS can get her help and even themselves and try to gain back some form of a normal life as soon as they possibly can but you know it will take years, not months. It does appear that BS's father is very active in his church and at least used to take BS with him when she was visiting him. I hope his church family reaches out and helps them as well.

I saw him on 48 Hours the other week. His story was incredible and he is an extremely lucky guy to have survived that. Thinking about this has me thinking about how everyone kept saying "Why didn't BS run or get help" ? because I thought the same thing about SH, but he explained how he was scared and was told his family didn't want him, etc. These sick people take over the minds of these children. It's hard telling what JSE told BS or even threatened her with. As much as I hate saying it, I just hope she didn't have anything to do with it. I read the news all the time and I'm shocked daily on the cases that come up. BS is going to need a lot of healing time, as well as love and support from her family and friends. I was thinking about her last night and I hope she doesn't think she has to "end" her life because her older brother and mother are gone.

One thing I was wondering was when she returns home, is it up to her family to put her in therapy because of what happened or is it an order from a higher authority ?

I saw him on 48 Hours the other week. His story was incredible and he is an extremely lucky guy to have survived that. Thinking about this has me thinking about how everyone kept saying "Why didn't BS run or get help" ? because I thought the same thing about SH, but he explained how he was scared and was told his family didn't want him, etc. These sick people take over the minds of these children. It's hard telling what JSE told BS or even threatened her with. As much as I hate saying it, I just hope she didn't have anything to do with it. I read the news all the time and I'm shocked daily on the cases that come up. BS is going to need a lot of healing time, as well as love and support from her family and friends. I was thinking about her last night and I hope she doesn't think she has to "end" her life because her older brother and mother are gone.

One thing I was wondering was when she returns home, is it up to her family to put her in therapy because of what happened or is it an order from a higher authority ?

Somone in LE or social services can "require" therapy, but the follow up isn't always the best if she's released to someones custody that doesn't make sure it's followed up on.

Is there an article or video or did you just see this on the news? TIA

I haven't seen anything stating she was home ( as in back in Virginia ) yet. I catch the news every morning at 6am, and as far as I know, WDBJ7 reported everyone was still in San Francisco, but that BS would be returning home soon with the detectives.

I haven't seen anything stating she was home ( as in back in Virginia ) yet. I catch the news every morning at 6am, and as far as I know, WDBJ7 reported everyone was still in San Francisco, but that BS would be returning home soon with the detectives.

The article doesn't say what state/county Brittany is in but she is/was with social services in protective custody...

UPDATED: Local Investigators in San Francisco for Brittany Smith case release more info. to News7
12-year-old still with Social Services; Roanoke County detectives question Smith, Jeffrey Easley

12-year-old still with Social Services; Roanoke County detectives question Smith, Jeffrey Easley

UPDATE: 7:20 p.m. SUNDAY

For the first time Roanoke County investigators have confirmed that Jeffrey Easley, the man accused of abducting 12-year-old Brittany Smith last week was arrested outside of a San Francisco Safeway store after he and the girl were spotted panhandling. Smith was taken into protective custody.

more
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-breaking-news-brittany-mae-sm-121010,0,5087869,full.story

Panhandling? I believe she was found in the nick of time. Panhandling is dangerous, he would have sold her to the first person that wanted here. What a blessing that she is safe.
No matter how the details come out, she is still a 12 yr old girl.

This jerk should be nominated for Tricia's wall of shame!
Why don't you do that?!

Ohmygosh! I just realized that hollyblue and I have "worn the same dress to the ball!" (Same avatar).

The article doesn't say what state/county Brittany is in but she is/was with social services in protective custody...

UPDATED: Local Investigators in San Francisco for Brittany Smith case release more info. to News7

UPDATE: 7:20 p.m. SUNDAY

For the first time Roanoke County investigators have confirmed that Jeffrey Easley, the man accused of abducting 12-year-old Brittany Smith last week was arrested outside of a San Francisco Safeway store after he and the girl were spotted panhandling. Smith was taken into protective custody.

more
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-breaking-news-brittany-mae-sm-121010,0,5087869,full.story

Why did you quote me here ?

According to local SF news this morning she is still here with CPS in California.

Japandaa, you had asked whether there was a newslink with information about BS being found and safe in custody, I think the poster was providing you with that link and snips from where the info came from. Your qoute was your question and the poster responded to it.

ETA ah I see, the poster was citing newslink that stated BS was still in custody in SD. Simply backing up yours then not answering it.

Japandaa, you had asked whether there was a newslink with information about BS being found and safe in custody, I think the poster was providing you with that link and snips from where the info came from. Your qoute was your question and the poster responded to it.

ETA ah I see, the poster was citing newslink that stated BS was still in custody in SD. Simply backing up yours then not answering it.

OHHH. I was confused. I was like I didn't ask a question ? Hahaha.

In reading the comments on the MS pages on the day after turkey day TS posted about looking back but you sealed ur fate or something to that effect - was she maybe talking about JE then and on BS MS as far back as June she posted something about J and 10/2 regrets putting E as her name on everything. So do we actually know when he moved in? could it have been earlier than Oct? It makes me wonder if B did not know J before her mom. Just reading those comments make me feel uncomfortable. I just can't help but think she may have friended him or something before her mom got involved in the situation. Creepy to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23