Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, if they were not aware and she did inject herself into their "system" without their approval then I say bad, bad move on her part and who ever else was involved.

BH was not snuck into the prison, nor did she do it without the approval of the warden... he did agree to her visit... and he actually was subsequently suspended over it. seems like maybe he initially pretended to not know she was being allowed in... fwiw

and as for the "threatened with solitary" as the article linked below states?

1) do defense lawyers always tell the truth?
2) jvds could have refused-- everyone has choices
3) and if he was threatened to appear before BH and refused, i'm sure his lawyer could have and would have handled any backlash, punishment, etc thru legal and public relations means

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localne...DkG0uyfBw.cspx

BH was not snuck into the prison, nor did she do it without the approval of the warden... he did agree to her visit... and he actually was subsequently suspended over it. seems like maybe he initially pretended to not know she was being allowed in... fwiw

and as for the "threatened with solitary" as the article linked below states?

1) do defense lawyers always tell the truth?
2) jvds could have refused-- everyone has choices
3) and if he was threatened to appear before BH and refused, i'm sure his lawyer could have and would have handled any backlash, punishment, etc thru legal and public relations means

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localne...DkG0uyfBw.cspx
sorry for quoting you, I know your post is in answer to another poster's post, not mine,
just wanted to ask you if your question # 1 was regarding Beth's lawyer, when he was asked if he was aware that she was going to Lima to pay a visit to JvDS,
and he denied having any knowledge.
Are you questioning Beth's lawyer's credibility?
I guess the answer would perhaps be that lawyers in general are paid by their clients, so they work for their clients, and they don't disclose information about their clients.
Not sure if that answers your question or not, but at least gives you some food for thought.
Was he aware she was going there? Nobody knows the answer except for her and her lawyer. Anything else is speculation.

About your question #3, I read that his lawyer was not pleased AT ALL with him being secretly taped without his permission/knowledge, that goes against his rights, and obviously there is also the court of public opinion.

I've read that people were asking how come the local press is not allowed into the prison in order to have an interview with JvDS,....you can come to your own conclusions.

About question #2, I really don't know, but I guess if someone is in prison, then you don't have much choice to do as you are told, and we don't even know what was he told in order to get him to enter that room....for all we know they could have told him your Mother is here to visit you.

Reopening this thread. But if the bickering continues, it will be closed for good.

There is no reason to be bashing or second guessing what BT might be thinking. She wants her daughter back. Discussing her visit to JVDS, the conversation, and any potential impact on the trial is allowed but it must be related to Stephany's case.

A difference of opinion is not a TOS violation, but bashing is. Being disrespectful to other posters and just generally trying to stir the pot are both TOS violations and will get the thread closed for good.

Please don't bicker. If you disagree and can't do it respectfully, then don't respond.

Salem

<modsnip> believe her visit had anything to do with disrespect to the Flores family. How? Stepany's father:

""It's not just about my daughter,"

he said. "There's a matter pending in

Aruba, and we don't know how many

more remain unpunished."

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/

2010/06/dutch_suspect_joran_van_der_s

l.html

:truce: I never said that vlpate, that quote I agreed with was not about her "visit".

Also I once more want to reiterate my position with regards to the upcoming trial:
Natalee's mother should feel that this upcoming trial is justice for both girls.
She tried so hard to get J. behind bars, so my hope is she finds some comfort in the fact that
he is finally out of the streets, and will hopefully get the maximum sentence possible,
to make sure he never ever harms any other girl/woman again.
:truce: PEACE

The hearing about whether or not a Judge will declare Natalee Holloway dead is scheduled for today. I haven't seen any news about this yet but will watch for reports when they become available.

Judge to declare missing Ala. teen Natalee Holloway dead

Updated 3m ago

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) – An Alabama judge says he'll sign an order declaring Natalee Holloway legally dead, more than six years after the teenager vanished on the Caribbean island of Aruba...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-12/missing-teen-aruba/52512174/1

January 12, 2012

News

Natalee Holloway Death Hearing Today

By COLLEEN CURRY
2 hours, 15 minutes ago

The search for missing teen Natalee Holloway could officially end today when an Alabama judge is expected to declare her dead...

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=15346993&sid=7623874

I just got the CNN breaking news also.

RIP Natalee :rose:

So sad that she may never get justice. :cry:

Judge declares Natalee Holloway dead

Teen's father requests court declaration

Author: By the CNN Wire Staff

Published On: Jan 12 2012 04:22:09 AM EST Updated On: Jan 12 2012 03:12:21 PM EST

(CNN) -
An Alabama judge Thursday signed an order declaring Natalee Holloway -- the teenage girl who disappeared on a trip to Aruba in 2005 -- officially dead...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...dead/-/1719418/7855686/-/3pqpuyz/-/index.html

Poor sweet Natalee. RIP precious, you were gone too soon. I pray for justice for you.

Now that Joran is in prison I had hoped that the Kalpoe brothers might be persuaded to tell the truth about what happened to Natalee, even if it takes promising them immunity from prosecution. As in every case, someone knows something, and the Kalpoe brothers certainly have knowledge in this case. It would take a PI, or a very persistent detective to get the Kalpoe brothers to talk, IMO. Yet, they hold the info this family so desperately needs. Here is an appeal to the mother of these two brothers: As a mother, please do the right thing, and convince your sons to tell the family what happened to their precious daughter. Wouldn't you need to know what happened if it were your child??? JMO

I think her mother has come to some sort of peace with this process... Bless her heart, and Dave and Natalie's brother also.

bbm

Her mother originally objected, but her lawyer, Charlie DeBardeleben, said she now had no objection. Natalee Holloway's parents were divorced in 1993 and Beth Holloway sat in the back row of the courtroom, mostly staring at her hands in her lap during the afternoon hearing. She declined comment when she entered the courtroom.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/1...-declare-natalee-holloway-dead/#ixzz1jHNXLcjb

I've followed Natalee's case from day 1 probably the most I've followed any case! Even though I never met Natalee just watching news and reading books about her and her family, they have a place in my heart! I was so surprised when Joran was arrested for murder and actually had to confess well kinda surprised. I pray for DH, BHT, and MH as well as natalee that 1 day they might actually get peace. I could never imagine losing a child and the pain it would cause as well as psychological problems and all the anger you have towards the person who was seen last with them. My heart still breaks for her family like it did May 30, 2005. May God be with you Natalee wherever you may be! Prayers always for the Holloways/Twitty's!

Now that Joran is in prison I had hoped that the Kalpoe brothers might be persuaded to tell the truth about what happened to Natalee, even if it takes promising them immunity from prosecution. As in every case, someone knows something, and the Kalpoe brothers certainly have knowledge in this case. It would take a PI, or a very persistent detective to get the Kalpoe brothers to talk, IMO. Yet, they hold the info this family so desperately needs. Here is an appeal to the mother of these two brothers: As a mother, please do the right thing, and convince your sons to tell the family what happened to their precious daughter. Wouldn't you need to know what happened if it were your child??? JMO

I agree with this post more then any I've ever read. Those 2 brothers know what happened that night, maybe they helped maybe not, but if they were innocent why not talk now? Joran isn't near them- he never will be again!! We can't believe anything he says. However when he was secretly recorded and didn't know it, I do think he told what happened and got caught n just said he lied. And I do believe PVDS took to his grave what happened to natalee!:maddening:

over $2k??

I don't think we know all the details. As far as I'm concerned, both of Natalee's parents adored her and are doing whatever they have to do, for themselves and for their other child.

Please discuss the extradiction (sp?) right here.

Salem

and here we are again ... 7 years later and still seeking justice for Nat, Dave and Beth!
I absolutely cannot stand the looks of that JVS, at least he is removed from society! Prior to the murder and conviction of Stephany, I suspected Nat was being used as a sex slave; unk to me the capability and brutality of JVS

Huffington Post has a great article on the current status @
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/23/joran-van-der-sloot-extradition-us-peru_n_1447410.html

Prayers for Dave and Beth during yet another difficult time! :praying:

Please discuss the extradiction (sp?) right here.

Salem

and here we are again ... 7 years later and still seeking justice for Nat, Dave and Beth!
I absolutely cannot stand the looks of that JVS, at least he is removed from society! Prior to the murder and conviction of Stephany, I suspected Nat was being used as a sex slave; unk to me the capability and brutality of JVS

Huffington Post has a great article on the current status @
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/23/joran-van-der-sloot-extradition-us-peru_n_1447410.html

Prayers for Dave and Beth during yet another difficult time! :praying:

Thank you Salem for unlocking that thread...I guess I put it out too soon but I was just overly joyful for Natalee and her parents..

No one ever said justice is swift...It takes time and his time is coming up, has come up, is up...I can't wait for this to happen for Natalee and her parents..

He's one huge narcisist who thinks only of himself...how grateful I was that he was caught on camera to get him convicted for Stephany's murder..that's where it began and will end with JVD in a prison on American soil, to never be let out into society, ever again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998