Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! IF convicted in the U.S. of extortion, he'll be sent back to Peru to serve his 28 years for MURDER, then he'll be returned here to serve his sentence, which COULD be 24 years! :woohoo:

Couldn't happen to a more deserving ahhh............. criminal!

just sayin'
fran

“I think he will be extradited within the next three months,” Van der Sloot's attorney, Maximo Altez, told CNN. “He will go to trial in the United States. Once he is sentenced, he will return to Peru to finish serving his 28 years, and then go back to the States to serve whatever sentence he gets there.”
If found guilty of extortion, he could face up to 24 years in prison, CNN reports

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...states-report-article-1.1066542#ixzz1tA1n5BDY

So very sad. I'm sure having her "pronounced" dead was a hard thing for all of them. Probably even worse without having her body to bury.

Rest in Peace, Natalee.

Maybe I'm not understanding this, but wouldn't he have to serve his time in Peru first?? Or maybe not? Idk. Not sure he wants to come to the us he's not liked very well here!

Maybe I'm not understanding this, but wouldn't he have to serve his time in Peru first?? Or maybe not? Idk. Not sure he wants to come to the us he's not liked very well here!

It sounds like authorities are seeking a conviction in the US prior to his release in Peru in order to ensure that he isn't released in Peru ... where he can quickly return to Aruba or disappear.

The only thing about the case in the US that bothers me is that Joran did approach Beth regarding funds in exchange for revealing the location of her daughter's remains. He then cancelled the deal and then, a month or so later, Beth contacted Joran to offer money in exchange for him revealing the location of her daughter's remains. That small detail of Joran cancelling the detail and Beth renewing it leaves me unclear on who was responsible for initiating the money tranfers. It seems to me that by going strictly by the law, Joran would have a loophole in the fact that he cancelled the deal.

can't wait to see him (hopefully) convicted of more charges

It sounds like authorities are seeking a conviction in the US prior to his release in Peru in order to ensure that he isn't released in Peru ... where he can quickly return to Aruba or disappear.

The only thing about the case in the US that bothers me is that Joran did approach Beth regarding funds in exchange for revealing the location of her daughter's remains. He then cancelled the deal and then, a month or so later, Beth contacted Joran to offer money in exchange for him revealing the location of her daughter's remains. That small detail of Joran cancelling the detail and Beth renewing it leaves me unclear on who was responsible for initiating the money tranfers. It seems to me that by going strictly by the law, Joran would have a loophole in the fact that he cancelled the deal.

Ahh gotcha :) thanks!!!! Since I've followed NH case since day 1 my parents and family all know about every detail and my dad who is a rev. Who forgives everybody says look in his eyes there's no soul there and never has been. He's just dark. I just often wonder if The Holloways will really ever get closure??

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/joran-van-der-sloot-apologises-murder

Joran van der Sloot apologises for murder
Published on 25 June 2012

"In the letter, which was written to Stephany Flores' parents, Joran says, “I wish I could go back and change things. This never should have happened.” Van der Sloot says he was intoxicated and suffering from psychological problems when he killed Flores."

"In another letter, Van der Sloot asks that his prison sentence be reduced because his attorney lied to him. According to Van der Sloot, his former attorney told him that he had made a deal with the judge that if Joran confessed, he would only receive 18 years behind bars."

Dutch Press Review Tuesday 26 June 2012

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/dutch-press-review-tuesday-26-june-2012

"De Telegraaf points out that the 24-year-old Dutchman is due to appeal against the long prison sentence next month, hoping to knock a couple of years off his sentence.

Van der Sloot says in the letter, which has been leaked by his reinstated lawyer Maximo Altez, that he was drunk and killed the 21-year-old in a rage, after finding her looking at documents pertaining to the Natalee Holloway case on his laptop. Natalee Holloway disappeared exactly five years earlier on the Caribbean island of Aruba, she has since been declared dead – Joran van der Sloot is still the prime suspect in her murder."

http://perezhilton.com/2012-07-23-j...ppy-in-jail-natalee-holloway-stephany-ramirez

source: Perez Hilton
July 23, 2012

Murderer Joran Van Der Sloot Is Having A Ball In His Peruvian Prison

`While it's looking like the rumors of his engagement were part of some practical joke he was playing, sources close to the South American prison are reporting that Joran is really enjoying his time in lock-up.`

`Apparently a lot of the other convicts are cozying up to Joran because he's teaching them English.`

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/inside-jorans-hell-hole-hacienda

source: National Enquirer
July 23, 2012

Inside Joran`s Hell Hole Hacienda

"While Joran tries to settle into the place that could be his permanent residence for almost three decades, his attorney is campaigning on his behalf.
"The sentence of 28 years was excessive because according to the Peruvian penal law, Joran was only meant to get 15 to 17 years, so I am appealing to the supreme court to make a complaint to the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights," he explained.
"We are hoping to get it reduced by 10 years," said Cotrino, who also preparing a $50 million lawsuit on van der Sloot's behalf protesting the "excessive sentence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie