GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox5News local broadcast...

- investigators say Jorelys died within 2 hours of being abducted
- her body has been released to funeral home in Canton

Everything else was a repeat from earlier news broadcasts.

PR is it's own nation. It's just also a protectorate of the US.

nurse, PR is an unincorporated territory of the US. It is known as the associated free state of Puerto Rico.

They've been recognized as american citizens far longer than my father in law has been alive and he's in his 70's. Although born in San Juan he is an amercian citizen. HTH. :)

So the wording that the reporters used was just funny is all. Their country is the USA the island they originate from is PR, as opposed to other territories that the US has in which many born in other territories are amercian citizens as well or can apply for it easily. KWIM? Just a play on words that tickled me is all.

EXACTLY my experience teaching and working with Latino families in NC! Thank you, could not have expressed it better!

A little O/T - but it is the exact opposite here. Completely and totally, as far opposite as you can get.

And Nurse - Puerto Rico is not a country. It is a US possession and they are considered citizens (or something - can't think of the word).

I do not say this much or often.. but after hearing the presser today I must say: listen to the reporters:

The person who raped and killed a little girl then tossed her body into a dumpster may live or work at the apartment complex where the girl was murdered, the director of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said.

"Investigators feel the killer lives in the apartment complex or has access to that apartment complex," said Vernon Keenan, the GBI chief.

"This was a very calculated and planned crime."
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/16191206/police-find-missing-7-year-old-canton-child

I know about PR and origins.. but I am thinking that if Jorelys' family is FROM PR that they may have some sort of emotional ties.. that is all...

Anybody know for a fact there were 4 drink cans involved? I don't think a 7 yr-old child could carry 4 drink cans in her little hands. Why 4? The baby (1 yr-old) would NOT have been drinking coke. This is hinky.

My kids knew how to carry soda cans 4 or 5 at a time. They would hold them against their chest and use their arms to cradle them. { we did a lot of camping and they would run to the cooler and get the sodas/beers for us and bring them to the fire pit.]

something seems to have been pent up and let out on Jorelys..

this is only my opinion here and not some take on anything..

but this person:

1) knew the area and the vacant apartments (or knew of them)
2)was watching and waiting and biding his time for his snag (again imhoo)
3)knew exactly where to go and where to get rid of his evidence (re: compacting dumpster)
4) I totally think that he did not count on the missing person report being filed so quickly.. I think that this will be a huge advantage to figuring out who he is. I am almost 99 per cent sure she was targeted, lured by him (meaning she knew him in some way, shape or form) and this was planned over time.. again just my thoughts.

Jorelys was known to wander around the complex per media reports.. unsupervised. I think whomever this freak is started to covet her. I further think that somewhere between the getting of the drinks (coke cans found behind 7000 building) and her trying to get back to the playground this horrible person took advantage of her and used those drinks to get her away from everyone else.

again this is just my opinion...

this HAD to have been someone watching her.. and someone that was either in the complex, worked in the complex, or regularly visited the complex... there is no way this was just a random, spur of the moment thing. again that is my opinion.. but at this time I seriously don't see it any other way. Poor Jorelys. My gosh.. how can articles say she died "soon" after her abduction!!!!!! how dare they!!!!!!!! If she were tortured for at least an hour how is that soon???? How horrible for her! An hour of torture? How is that a short period of time????

sorry this one hits close to home

I agree with your above thoughts.

Today I thought I read that the going to get cokes was actually done by the baby sitter. I don't think this changes anything much but it may mean that Jorelys and the sitter were being watched and when the sitter left the area somebody POUNCED.

(on a side note people that live in Metro Atlanta call all soft drinks Cokes...except of course for sweet tea, we call that sweet tea)

I feel sorry for the teenage babysitter in a way. Although I instinctively wanted to strangle her for leaving such young children alone, she is herself not an adult yet either. She should never have been given the burden of watching so many little children and now she has to live with this on her conscience for the rest of her life. The mother made a very poor judgment call but one likely due to money. Working in a poultry plant can't make her very much money. It was a big risk to take and she lost. <modsnip>
Edit: Ultimately I want this to point out that there is inadequate affordable child care options for many people which creates unsafe situations.

Some random thoughts:

* Jorely was seven, not two. I don't know how far she was from her next birthday, but in any case that's not exactly an infant that needs constant 24/7 supervision and handholding. I see kids that age every day playing outside without a parent. That's what I did as well. And apparently a fair number of parents at this complex did just that, allowing their kids to play outside together. Further, she wasn't alone at the mall, she was playing with other kids AND a teen guardian at her home playground. Somewhere she should have been safe.

* I have seen some few comments questioning and criticizing the mom here. Her mom is a victim. She was likely poor (who isn't these days) and worked some long hard hours. Again, mom is another victim.

* This crime has shocked the hell out of me far more than the other cases I have followed here. This crime was so sick, so depraved, that it leaves me feeling disgusted and horrified. So much so that I have avoided looking at pictures of this little girl -- it's just too depressing.

* If what we have heard is correct, that this maniac sadistically tortured her to death, then we are dealing with someone so vile that the english language lacks the words to describe it.

* For my experience working with kids, no other racial demographic comes close to Hispanic families in terms of the affection and love that they shower onto their children.

I agree with your above thoughts.

Today I thought I read that the going to get cokes was actually done by the baby sitter. I don't think this changes anything much but it may mean that Jorelys and the sitter were being watched and when the sitter left the area somebody POUNCED.

(on a side note people that live in Metro Atlanta call all soft drinks Cokes...
except of course for sweet tea, we call that sweet tea)

And the reason I am ALWAYS asked if
"Pepsi" is ok at Taco Bell :) I say COKE...
but they don't carry Coke.. only PEPSI products
ok back On Topic!

This is a rough case. The worst kind. :(

I think it's time for a new thread. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998