News from the Enquirer Re:Why they requested closed meeting

I've never put too much store in the story of the over-heard-jail-conversation because that would have put KC confessing to someone very early in this saga, right after her arrest. And that I don't believe happened. GA said that KC would take something as far as she could before giving in, and we saw this when she walked the detectives into Universal Studios and marched towards her office. No. I don't believe KC has given up on pinning this on someone else. ANYONE else. Confess? I highly doubt it. MOO
i agree chefmom, not much chance she confessed to anyone. in fact the liars i have known couldnt tell you the truth about a thing because their truth IS the lie.

Leonard stated this a long time ago, so this is not new news and IMO, Leonard didn't contact the Enquirer.

ETA: Leonard must of spoke about this perhaps late December 2008 or perhaps January 2009. Just not sure at the moment.

Respecfully Quoted Patty G
Thank you :)

Why would a story that old, now be reason for the requested "closed meeting?" If LP said this a long time ago, the SA knew about this a long time ago.

Of course, we don't think this is "truth" but what do we think it is? Do we think there is a source but its not LP? Then the source just took what LP already said and gave it to NE? Wouldn't the NE realize that, or maybe they don't care? Do we think NE just made this up(using LP's statement)to say they had an answer to the speculation?

I do not understand how any information published can get away with not being "true", even "rag mags." ?

If we were to take this as truth, it would still mean only that RK overheard or was privy to Casey's confession. The big deal here still being that Casey confessed.

Would something like this even be the reason for the "closed meeting?" If it were true, what would that mean to the case? If anything? TIA

...JS...

Maybe the leak to the NE was a strategic leak?

If Baez or one of his "agents" ever talked to KC about where Caylee was while KC was in jail, if RK has a "friend" who is a jail employee, and if that "friend" was ever within earshot of those conversations...KC's defense team might suspect eavesdropping. If the foregoing information is true the defense would for sure check out the possibility.

Then, if defense team investigators should dig something up...how does the defense get the information of how KC's constitutional rights were violated out to the public without admitting KC 'fessed up to being the one who dumped the body? Enter LP and all of his ilk.

jmo

Respecfully Quoted Patty G
Thank you :)

Why would a story that old, now be reason for the requested "closed meeting?" If LP said this a long time ago, the SA knew about this a long time ago.

Of course, we don't think this is "truth" but what do we think it is? Do we think there is a source but its not LP? Then the source just took what LP already said and gave it to NE? Wouldn't the NE realize that, or maybe they don't care? Do we think NE just made this up(using LP's statement)to say they had an answer to the speculation?

I do not understand how any information published can get away with not being "true", even "rag mags." ?

If we were to take this as truth, it would still mean only that RK overheard or was privy to Casey's confession. The big deal here still being that Casey confessed.

Would something like this even be the reason for the "closed meeting?" If it were true, what would that mean to the case? If anything? TIA

...JS...

IMO, the big deal wouldn't be that KC confessed. If KC confessed to her attorney (or her attorney's agent as part of work product) the confession would stay between KC and her attorney. It's privileged.

IMO, the problem is that if KC's constitutional rights were violated, the results of that violation (everything found at the remains site) might be withheld from a jury. This kind of technicality might be KC's best hope.

moo

the so called source was LP, but I don't think that LP talked to the Enquirer. LP said all of this on the Levi show the other day, including the reports that RK family had verified that he knew where Caylee was. If you want to know what LP really said you can listen to the Levi show. The first 30 minutes is about Haleigh Cummings, but here is the show.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/02/22/haleigh-cummings-caylee-anthony-cases

Sorry...National Enquier....I do not believe Casey said these words.

How did Casey hide her car from the street?

And isn't it odd that they said RK said almost exactly the same words that the PI guy said that DC said to him.

I think they have several stories all mixed up together here.

Where the body was found, she wouldn't have been able to drive the car into. The area was drop off from the road. She wouldn't have been able to get her car back on the road. AND it would have damaged the bushes, left marks etc, Folks would have remembered seeing the mess that would have made.

The car never left the road.

I do believe they have tire marks in the grass and also dirt and leaves etc from there so, NO, the car didnt stay on the road.

I do believe they have tire marks in the grass and also dirt and leaves etc from there so, NO, the car didnt stay on the road.

Respectfully quoted...

Hi Bath--do you have a link to this info? It's new to me, though I have by no means memorized the doc dumps as yet... Curious who found tire imprints, when, where in relation to Suburban site; did LE take imprint casts; have dirt/leaves been analyzed (taken from KC's car, yes?)? TIA!

Respectfully quoted...

Hi Bath--do you have a link to this info? It's new to me, though I have by no means memorized the doc dumps as yet... Curious who found tire imprints, when, where in relation to Suburban site; did LE take imprint casts; have dirt/leaves been analyzed (taken from KC's car, yes?)? TIA!

LOL Hi, NO link but YES you can find it or some of it in some of the 10,000 pages of discovery, otherwise I wouldn't know this information.
yes they did find a lot of things from dump site in the trunk, they found it in the trunk and also underneath to prove the car had been there. There is also stuff that they have not released from the dump site.

LOL Hi, NO link but YES you can find it or some of it in some of the 10,000 pages of discovery, otherwise I wouldn't know this information.
yes they did find a lot of things from dump site in the trunk, they found it in the trunk and also underneath to prove the car had been there. There is also stuff that they have not released from the dump site.

How do you know what they have not released?

yes they did find a lot of things from dump site in the trunk, they found it in the trunk and also underneath to prove the car had been there.

RSBM...

Dangit, you won't do my homework for me? LOL

I do recall soil being found in the trunk, but nothing conclusive about origin of same or link to Suburban. Info about dump site remnants underneath car is especially interesting... still don't know that KC would have (could have) off-roaded for 80 feet into that thicket, but rather than veer 80 feet OT, will poke around discovery. (Have heard from a friend of a friend's ex-significant other's co-worker that mods do not like off-roading in threads... :innocent: )

I remember soil and grass being found in the car but none were found on any of the shoes, thats about all I remember.

I am having trouble with the NE's story (and any other variation of this theory on RK). This would mean that within 4 weeks of KC's arrest, not only did RK's friend pass this info to him, but his employer also happened to send him to that area, for the very first time in his career with the county.
His co-workers did not indicate that RK went off path to go over to this area, and his supervisors seemed to believe it was reasonable for him to be there, so I'm guessing he was assigned to that area by the county.
If RK had requested to go to that area, I would hope his supervisors would have mentioned that, and I think they would have.
Hope that makes sense....

I've always had trouble with any "daisy chain" theory regarding RK for this reason also, because it would be too much of a coincidence, him happening to be assigned there but also receiving some inside tip regarding the location of the body. I also have trouble with a daisy chain theory regarding DC because it seems like if he'd had any real inside tip, he would have found what he was looking for. If that makes any sense. I still think it's weird about RK and his co-workers deciding to have their lunch in that particular spot by the side of Suburban, not to mention him supposedly telling them "I think it would be here", then supposedly happening to see the top of the skull, then the deal with the snake, supposedly no one ever mentioned or discussed the skull or thought about it again after that...etc. But some daisy chain of info that RK was privy to that led him there? It seems improbable. I mean, if others had that information, why wouldn't they have reported it or gone to claim a reward or be a hero themselves? But, it's all very curious.

I think I remember some mention in documents about leaves being collected from the undercarriage of the car, (weren't there?) but I don't remember any further explanation on that....The same with the swabbings from the bottoms of Casey's shoes. I know they were taken but don't remember much elaboration in documents - (so far). Makes me want to go re-read

His co-workers did not indicate that RK went off path to go over to this area, and his supervisors seemed to believe it was reasonable for him to be there, so I'm guessing he was assigned to that area by the county.
If RK had requested to go to that area, I would hope his supervisors would have mentioned that, and I think they would have.
Hope that makes sense....

now that you mention that, he did say he'd been assigned there before and then was re-assigned there, didn't he. But like you say, if he had requested to be reassigned there, surely his supervisors would have mentioned that to LE.

I remember soil and grass being found in the car but none were found on any of the shoes, thats about all I remember.

Also, I recall way early on they seemed interested in the scratches on the top of the trunk - perhaps caused by branches?

The NE story fits into the theory I have believed all along, that KC told JB at the jailhouse what she did, hence all of the haulabaloo about the attorney-client videotapes, etc. The information of where Caylee was got out SOMEHOW. Daisy chain, recording on tapes that the Judge has supressed, however. But it was not a coincidence that the body was found, and it was not a coincidence that DC was looking for those pavers and the body exactly where it was....MOO.

The NE story fits into the theory I have believed all along, that KC told JB at the jailhouse what she did, hence all of the haulabaloo about the attorney-client videotapes, etc. The information of where Caylee was got out SOMEHOW. Daisy chain, recording on tapes that the Judge has supressed, however. But it was not a coincidence that the body was found, and it was not a coincidence that DC was looking for those pavers and the body exactly where it was....MOO.

I've always had a sneaky suspicion about the suppression of the video when Casey heard the remains were found. Wonder if she said something incriminating along the lines of "that information wasn't supposed to get out", or "how did he find out where it was". I've just always felt like there was more to this that simply her emotional reaction.

Is there still a chance we will see this tape at trial?

I've always had a sneaky suspicion about the suppression of the video when Casey heard the remains were found. Wonder if she said something incriminating along the lines of "that information wasn't supposed to get out", or "how did he find out where it was". I've just always felt like there was more to this that simply her emotional reaction.

Is there still a chance we will see this tape at trial?

BBM - IMOO - if the evidence the state took to the judge has ANYTHING to do with a confession by KC, this will never go to trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back