General theory thread and motives rehashed #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/18680086/detail.html

"5-Year-Old Vanishes From Bedroom; Father Says She Was 'Stolen'
Detective: 'Whoever Has The Child Is Not Supposed To Have The Child'

POSTED: Tuesday, February 10, 2009
UPDATED: 5:53 pm EST February 10, 2009

While deputies and state officers from at least five agencies searched the area and the nearby St. Johns River, Haleigh's grieving father told Channel 4 there is no doubt in his mind that she was abducted and he'll do anything to get her back.

Ronald Cummings said Haleigh is afraid of the dark and there's no way she would have gone out in the middle of the night by herself.

'I came home this morning to find that I didn't have a child," Cummings. "Somebody stole my child.' "

"I came home this morning to find that I didn't have a child," Cummings. "Somebody stole my child."

How could ANYONE have NO DOUBT IN THEIR MIND about a crime they have not witnessed or been made aware of? What arrogance, what a "tell" this is. Already Ronald Cummings was shutting doors into the investigation ~ or attempting to.

The quote by Ron I highlighted in green points to what I believe is this man's narcissism and the view that HaLeigh is a possession that was "stolen."

In no way do I believe what he was saying, only that his choice of words give him away.

These are some of my opinions and thoughts about the case as it was being released to the media on February 10, 2009, less than 24 hours after the 911 call.

This is the statement that R gave about his last day with H(If I am in error, please correct me)...The way he describes her ..sitting on his lap..turning the wheel while turning on the left then the right blinker..gives me reason to think H might have turn the wheel sharply..like kids do..and the car..lurched off course...This act alone..letting a child drive a vehicle..could be a receipe for an accident...This is directly from R himself...describing that day, describing letting H drive..this is the only statement from him..THAT COULD have caused H to be injured/died...I don't know of any other statements from him/Misty/Others...that have described H in a dangerous activity...have you?????

This is the statement that R gave about his last day with H(If I am in error, please correct me)...The way he describes her ..sitting on his lap..turning the wheel while turning on the left then the right blinker..gives me reason to think H might have turn the wheel sharply..like kids do..and the car..lurched off course...This act alone..letting a child drive a vehicle..could be a receipe for an accident...This is directly from R himself...describing that day, describing letting H drive..this is the only statement from him..THAT COULD have caused H to be injured/died...I don't know of any other statements from him/Misty/Others...that have

I might also add this lines up precisely with the quote on the back of Ron's truck as well..IMO

This is the statement that R gave about his last day with H(If I am in error, please correct me)...The way he describes her ..sitting on his lap..turning the wheel while turning on the left then the right blinker..gives me reason to think H might have turn the wheel sharply..like kids do..and the car..lurched off course...This act alone..letting a child drive a vehicle..could be a receipe for an accident...This is directly from R himself...describing that day, describing letting H drive..this is the only statement from him..THAT COULD have caused H to be injured/died...I don't know of any other statements from him/Misty/Others...that have described H in a dangerous activity...have you?????

I only discount this retelling because it's sweet......I admit I loved to let my kids help me drive the car from in front of the house down the street, around the corner, and through the alley. It's what A LOT of parents have done. Most have done it at speed with no horrible accidents.

I don't think this story of Ron having this little time with Haleigh is the same as the last day of Haleigh's life. I think this story is what's put in place by RC because it's as bad as he wants to go toward what happened to his child. There is a dent in his car. We know he knows how to clean a gun. I don't doubt he knows how to clean a car; as a matter of fact, we have HIM telling us how diligent he is in cleaning......he takes the seats OUT of the car to clean it. I can accept Ron driving with his sweet little girl on his lap having a loving time together.

What I can't get past is that there is a HUGE GAP between Misty leaving for days on end and Haleigh disappearing. There's only one person tying that all together.

Yes, I can just imagine if the LE hadn't went and questioned Joe after all this went down with the Shell Harbor search. I think the main suspects are sitting on the highest bonds right now.

jmo
I've had the feeling, for quite some time, that LE suspects Misty's family. Now, if there is a valid reason for this suspicion, IDK, but they have relentlessly hounded these people. not so much Joe. I remember GMF saying that LE wouldn't take her calls, & I have to wonder why...it seems that they really don't appreciate being bothered by outsiders. I'd think they would take all calls from family members, no matter how frivolous. I get the impression that LE has a really superior attitude towards Misty's family, & that kind of bias is no good in this type of investigation. LE either knows something, we don't, or they've heard a rumor that has clouded their judgement. As for LE being disgusted with Joe for lawyering up? Duhhh...he has been accused of murder. what do they expect-for all of these people to sit around, & take LDTs, every time LE gets a whim? Sorry, but not everyone is as accomodating as Misty. I, personally wish that every single person involved, & each of their family members, had lawyered up the same day that Ronald hired a criminal defense attorney. If this LE suspects Joe, but can't work on him, because he has a lawyer, well, that makes me wonder how they treat people who don't have lawyers. If LE follows the law, they should be able to catch this perp. If they can't, because of lawyers being involved, well, I think they should bring in some outside help. Let the experts have at it...because I'm worried this case will never be solved, & LE is looking at a roundabout justice through these drug busts. & I don't think that's cool. at all.

I only discount this retelling because it's sweet......I admit I loved to let my kids help me drive the car from in front of the house down the street, around the corner, and through the alley. It's what A LOT of parents have done. Most have done it at speed with no horrible accidents.

I don't think this story of Ron having this little time with Haleigh is the same as the last day of Haleigh's life. I think this story is what's put in place by RC because it's as bad as he wants to go toward what happened to his child. There is a dent in his car. We know he knows how to clean a gun. I don't doubt he knows how to clean a car; as a matter of fact, we have HIM telling us how diligent he is in cleaning......he takes the seats OUT of the car to clean it. I can accept Ron driving with his sweet little girl on his lap having a loving time together.

What I can't get past is that there is a HUGE GAP between Misty leaving for days on end and Haleigh disappearing. There's only one person tying that all together.

~BBM
Guess I'm just a stick in the mud... didn't let either my kids in the front seat till they were 5ft tall! Prob cause my friend let his son ride with him on the riding lawn mower FUN FUN! till his son jumped off the mower and it almost took off both his son's feet... seemed innocent at the time UNTIL it wasn't.... MOO

maybe Ron offered the story to explain a skull fracture when and if Haleigh is ever found? Who knows!

~BBM
Guess I'm just a stick in the mud... didn't let either my kids in the front seat till they were 5ft tall! Prob cause my friend let his son ride with him on the riding lawn mower FUN FUN! till his son jumped off the mower and it almost took off both his son's feet... seemed innocent at the time UNTIL it wasn't.... MOO

maybe Ron offered the story to explain a skull fracture when and if Haleigh is ever found? Who knows!

absolutely. I didn't have the sense God gave me then, but I can assure you, Princess PeePee rides in her car seat, and that's where she's at. I just don't think we should assume this story is the story of Haleigh's last day because MILLIONS of parents have done this for the distance Ron had to travel, a virtual straight shot, two turns. One left, one right, no obstructions. It's just what happens in rural communities.

I think Haleigh's story was told by Ron's neighbor: There's a dent in Ron's car. Why.

absolutely. I didn't have the sense God gave me then, but I can assure you, Princess PeePee rides in her car seat, and that's where she's at. I just don't think we should assume this story is the story of Haleigh's last day because MILLIONS of parents have done this for the distance Ron had to travel, a virtual straight shot, two turns. One left, one right, no obstructions. It's just what happens in rural communities.

I think Haleigh's story was told by Ron's neighbor: There's a dent in Ron's car. Why.
~BBM
Yet when parents explain, as you did how it was just a short ride they do not get all defensive like RC did. That's what set off my meter.

I'm noy perfect by any means! I forgot to buckle my baby's car seat in one day... looked in the reaview mirror and she had turned sideways in the seat and was facing the dirver's side back door window!!! OOOPPS!!! :blushing:

M. CROSLIN: You know, it`s like, you know, what really hurts is, like, we were -- me and him were talking about, we were getting back together and stuff, and like the cops --

L. CROSLIN: Yes, I know.

M. CROSLIN: (EXPLETIVE DELETED) everything up.

L. CROSLIN: Yes. That`s what they were trying to do.

M. CROSLIN: You know I was staying with -- I stayed at his house. He picked me up every day.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1003/09/ng.01.html

What? Someone please help out... This converstation is about Ronald..so who did Misty stay with? and who is the "he" that picked her up every day?

M. CROSLIN: You know, it`s like, you know, what really hurts is, like, we were -- me and him were talking about, we were getting back together and stuff, and like the cops --

L. CROSLIN: Yes, I know.

M. CROSLIN: (EXPLETIVE DELETED) everything up.

L. CROSLIN: Yes. That`s what they were trying to do.

M. CROSLIN: You know I was staying with -- I stayed at his house. He picked me up every day.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1003/09/ng.01.html

What? Someone please help out... This converstation is about Ronald..so who did Misty stay with? and who is the "he" that picked her up every day?

She's talking about her and Ron getting back together and how the cops messed that all up. She's talking about that with her sister-in-law, Lindsy, who not too many weeks after this, decides to bust butt to an attorney and file divorce papers.

~BBM
Yet when parents explain, as you did how it was just a short ride they do not get all defensive like RC did. That's what set off my meter.

I'm noy perfect by any means! I forgot to buckle my baby's car seat in one day... looked in the reaview mirror and she had turned sideways in the seat and was facing the dirver's side back door window!!! OOOPPS!!! :blushing:
I think, but of course don't know, that Ronald made up this story. I got the impression that he told it just to make himself look like an involved father, having a mushy day. The whole telling seemed stagey, like his sobbing on the ground. Who knows...maybe he has fond memories of driving with his grandfather, & wishes that this had happened.

I think, but of course don't know, that Ronald made up this story. I got the impression that he told it just to make himself look like an involved father, having a mushy day. The whole telling seemed stagey, like his sobbing on the ground. Who knows...maybe he has fond memories of driving with his grandfather, & wishes that this had happened.
You may be right!
but why add all the nasty words? He wasn't retelling a sweet story... He was making threats to anyone that judged him fpr it. Highly inappropriate... IMO but they all cuss like it's gion outta stlye so it is what it is..MOO

The reason why the short interview may not be lining up to some is we really don't know why it ended in 45 minutes or who ended it.

I just find it unbelievable that these law officials would travel all that way just to talk to him for 45 minutes. The timing of when they flew there though is very compelling, imo.

It was after then when Hardy was asked about Joe Overstreet that he said "he has lawyered up." He didn't say we are continuing to interview him and he is still being cooperative. Hardy seemed to have disgust in his tone, imo.

I'd like to know when they have interviewed him in the past and for how long each time.

I would also like to know if he has taken a poly.

I would also like to know if he wasn't there at Haleigh's home that night why have they interviewed him several times and why would they seize his clothing.

IMO

Did they really travel there though? Maybe they confered with Davidson County LE and just had them talk to him. News releases can be fudged a bit too, just like searches. JMO

[/Quote]
Originally Posted by B4igo2it
I know of two missing rso's and one death by subj being hit/killed by a car @ Dunn's Bridge (doubt this has anything to do w/players (Dunn's), but suspcious to me for other reasons) around the 2-09 date

cobra: i am gonna tell you this, very important, you got any connections with the cops? you got any mf that you can get the shirt to me? i got equusearch coming back out here… for that s*** …. with side-scanning radar there… Dunn`s bridge, both with the scan, ya know? i gotta look for a dead child… i gotta look for a live child. gotta do both.

ron: let me tell you this… did you know that gators… burrow?

cobra: yes.[/quote]

Revisiting the cobra & ronald tapes - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community post#10

Did a search at Dunn's Bridge ever happen & are there gators there?

Why did Cobra want the shirt? I don't get it???

Did they really travel there though? Maybe they confered with Davidson County LE and just had them talk to him. News releases can be fudged a bit too, just like searches. JMO

04/21/2010

here are 2 reports that LE flew to Tenn.

Last week, authorities from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement flew to Tennessee and interviewed Joe Overstreet.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tamp...port-says-Florida-police-found-bones-in-river

Putnam County investigators flew to Antioch, Tenn., last week to question Joe Overstreet, a cousin of Misty Cummings. When Haleigh vanished from her father's Florida mobile home 14 months ago, Overstreet said he was in Satsuma on vacation. Investigators have since flown back to Flori
da

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23217461/detail.html

I understand what you mean.

But that still doesn't make any sense to me at least. I have never seen a DA that tries the defense's case for them. And I don't think it would take several interviews if it is true that Joe is not lying about being in the home that night.

But it happened in Feb. 09 and they were still interviewing him in April 2010. I think LE has a very valid reason for wanting to do that and like I said the timing of LEs visit this time is so telling to me.

There just has to be more too it imo than simply trying to guess what the defense is going to do in a trial.

JMOO

I agree with you and tho Granny Hollars does seem to possibly exaggerate on somethings, I know there are quite a few here that do believe alot of what she has to say.... And in the audio released last week she states that not only did Joe's atty, refuse to have Joe answer any of the questions but he was drunker than BLEEP when he went for interview... this Grandma lives within miles of this man(JOe her grandson), his mom(her daughter), and more importantly still speaks with his recent(very recent ex) that is refusing to be around Joe. So, if anyone would know what happened in those short 45 mins and if he was or wasn't intoxicated, I believe Granny Hollars could quite possibly have knowledge of such... Him refusing answers by way of his atty makes a heckuva alot more sense as to why LE would only interview for a very short period of 45mins AFTER LE making an extremely LONG TRIP, AT THAT HOUR OF NIGHT(11pm)for a tiny/quick meaningless, just following up cuz they have to, interview.. Of course MHO.

Ok, so we have Timmy being hurt, Hank in the hospital, and Lisa with him. We have Lindsay at class, and Chelsea at her home with Timmy.

I have always thought Misty had the van that day to go see her dad in the hospital. I think Teresa got her to pick up the kids, and I think that after Teresa lured Misty there, Ronald came home from work, or wherever he was, and that being the first time he saw Misty from the weekend she was out screwing Greg Page, he literally went biserk and HaLeigh died somehow, thats what I think. He had to have been super mad at Misty, and I think the results from his rage after he finally saw her was pretty epic, enough that someone died. And Misty feels responsible because her actions caused Ron to flip out. Thats why Ron downplays Mistys affair to Cobra, imo.

This scenario might explain the marriage too. (Perhaps better than the stat rape thing, which doesn't appear to me that he was never in any real threat of being sued for. The Croslins didn't care enough to do so.) If a fight between Misty and Ronald was the cause of Haleigh getting hurt it would be rational for them to try and downplay the reasons. "Nonsense, we weren't fighting, the thing with WBG meant nothing to either one of us, look, we're not even mad at each other, we're getting married and shoving cake in each other's face."

But he was mad at the wedding IMO judging by the expression on his face and the contrast between Misty all dolled up and Ronald who had made the effort of wearing a clean wifebeater to his wedding. He was angry during the 911 call (witness the B-word) and Misty attempted to downplay that too ("No he wasn't cussing at me, he was cussing at the 911 operator because they weren't coming fast enough" -paraphrased).

I agree with you and tho Granny Hollars does seem to possibly exaggerate on somethings, I know there are quite a few here that do believe alot of what she has to say.... And in the audio released last week she states that not only did Joe's atty, refuse to have Joe answer any of the questions but he was drunker than BLEEP when he went for interview... this Grandma lives within miles of this man(JOe her grandson), his mom(her daughter), and more importantly still speaks with his recent(very recent ex) that is refusing to be around Joe. So, if anyone would know what happened in those short 45 mins and if he was or wasn't intoxicated, I believe Granny Hollars could quite possibly have knowledge of such... Him refusing answers by way of his atty makes a heckuva alot more sense as to why LE would only interview for a very short period of 45mins AFTER LE making an extremely LONG TRIP, AT THAT HOUR OF NIGHT(11pm)for a tiny/quick meaningless, just following up cuz they have to, interview.. Of course MHO.

Well, if Joe really was drunker than bleep when he was interviewed, then IMO it explains why his atty refused to have him answer any questions. It was his duty to do so, IMO, because who knows what an intoxicated client could say. I think LE normally wouldn't want to sit and interrogate any drunken idiots for very long either, for it's so hard to get anything coherent out of them and if it ever goes to a trial the defense attorney can quote some other idiotic statements their client made while drunk and use the intoxicated state to create reasonable doubt that whatever incriminating they said while drunk was worth a dime.

Don't know why they wouldn't reschedule when sober.

Maybe it's just me because I'm not a night owl but why on earth would LE want to interview him at this time of night? Was it an impromptu visit or was it scheduled? Did it just take LE in TN this long to find Joe or was Joe trying to find his attorney? As for Joe being intoxicated, maybe he'd been out and didn't know LE was coming. I'd like to understand this a little better if anyone can tell me a little more. TIA

Are you saying Jo is/was married?
One more thing... If he was indeed intoxicated that late at night, FDLE could have spent the night in Nashville and interviewed him the following morning and then flew back to Florida..
In defense of Jo.. My family (grandma) accuse me on national tv of brutally raping a child, throwing the child in the river and saying the child could even have possibly been alive..I might show up for an interview with LE drunk too..... And I don't even drink...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie