Votes: 333 47.9%
  • To stage a kidnapping

Votes: 184 26.5%
  • Other

Votes: 178 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duct tape could be very hard for a panicking little girl to get off. I mentioned in another thread (maybe it was this one, I'm losing track of myself lol!) that when I was 3, my mom taped my mouth shut. I couldn't get it off. 1. I was struggling to breathe and that came first. i just didn't understand what was happening. 2. When I did try to take it off, I stopped because not only could I not get it off, but I was afraid my mother would hurt me more.

I think this is why this case is affecting me so much. My mother wasn't a *advertiser censored* who smoked pot, but she was immature and a "spiteful ."

Wllflower, your mother taped your mouth when you were just a tot? Unbelievable. I'm so sorry for you. And, I thought my mom was a bad to me.
Hope you've recovered from this, if one can.

I voted other, there is not enough info yet. But duct tape seems to be popular with criminals and kidnapping. I have first hand knowledge of how it feels to be bound with duct tape by an escaped prisoner while being held hostage and raped in my own home. Poor little klee didn't have a chance. Duct tape was used on me to cover my eyes, my mouth (and yes it is very difficult to breath) and used to bind my hands and feet to our poster bed. I tried to free myself for 2 hours and was unable to. If my then husband didn't break free, I am not sure if I would have been able to break the binds. It sounds odd but it may be an important message to get out or find info on, how to break free of duct tape as a public service announcement. I have not been able to find info but with home invasions on the rise and duct tape cheap and efficient I think it is more common than most people think.

Sdavidson. How awful. I'm so sorry you went through something like this. Hope you have recovered, if there is recovery from somthing like that experience.

Sdavidson. How awful. I'm so sorry you went through something like this. Hope you have recovered, if there is recovery from somthing like that experience.

I'm glad you bumped this story up. It likely would have been missed by many.

Sdavidson,
I can't even imagine what you went thru. I do hope you've been able to put it behind you and move on with your life as best as you could. There is no doubt that your experience had to be a very traumatic one. Thank God you're here to share the story. Just as you had no option, poor little Caylee didn't stand a chance. :(

Wouldn't she have had to tie her hands as well to keep Caylee from pulling the tape off herself if she woke up too early though? That just makes me want to throw up.
No. A 2 year old couldn't get it off. Remember, if this is true, chloroform causes nausea, vomiting and a splitting headache. Caylee would have regained consciousness in a very sick condition. She might even have drowned in her own vomit.

I voted that she used it to keep her quiet at the time of the killing, but you know, the fact that LE has torn the Anthony's home apart this weekend, including cutting up the mattress, carpeting and drywall lead me to believe that a violent murder occurred in the home. Maybe a possible blunt force trauma to the head? Did KC use duct tape to tape the kid's skull together? That would be effed up to the max.

I dunno, I'm just throwing that out there.

Maybe the tape is the murder weapon, through Asphyxiation. Maybe she was only trying to shut her up - Caylee had a runny nose - she taped her mouth shut. Most 2 year olds would have trouble taking it off, especially if she was sick with a runny nose.

I think if the skull fell apart they wouldve seen blood on the carpets with UV lights.

I just can't bring myself to vote on this one. I don't want to think about it. It makes me really sick at heart.

Me too, PH me too. It's just too much to think about.

Duct tape confuses me.. if chloroform was used... why would you need duct tape?
To keep her quiet after she regained consciousness. Chloroform is a short acting chemical and needs a mesh wire mask with a constant drip onto an absorbant cotton cloth to keep a patient unconscious for a time long enough to perform a surgery. If Casey wanted Caylee unconscious for several hours (the saturated car trunk) then she would assume Caylee might wake up while she was still gone (overnight perhaps) and didn't want anybody to hear Caylee screaming in the car trunk.
If then Caylee died, perhaps Casey took her back to the Anthony's backyard, wrapped her in a sheet and put her in the garbage bag. Perhaps this transit to the garbage bag happened on the 18th. Since the hair band was 2.6 days after death, that could mean Caylee died in the car trunk on the night of June 15th, right after Casey left after the big blow-out.

Duct tape could be very hard for a panicking little girl to get off. I mentioned in another thread (maybe it was this one, I'm losing track of myself lol!) that when I was 3, my mom taped my mouth shut. I couldn't get it off. 1. I was struggling to breathe and that came first. i just didn't understand what was happening. 2. When I did try to take it off, I stopped because not only could I not get it off, but I was afraid my mother would hurt me more.

I think this is why this case is affecting me so much. My mother wasn't a *advertiser censored* who smoked pot, but she was immature and a "spiteful ."
I am so sorry. This was not punishment. It was torture. Not all women who give birth and keep their children deserve the name of mother. I sincerely hope that you have been able to find a way to obtain the nurturing that every human being needs and deserves. Parents are supposed to be the first to provide it, but a memory like this clearly cancels out that woman as a source for you. :blowkiss:

I voted other, there is not enough info yet. But duct tape seems to be popular with criminals and kidnapping. I have first hand knowledge of how it feels to be bound with duct tape by an escaped prisoner while being held hostage and raped in my own home. Poor little klee didn't have a chance. Duct tape was used on me to cover my eyes, my mouth (and yes it is very difficult to breath) and used to bind my hands and feet to our poster bed. I tried to free myself for 2 hours and was unable to. If my then husband didn't break free, I am not sure if I would have been able to break the binds. It sounds odd but it may be an important message to get out or find info on, how to break free of duct tape as a public service announcement. I have not been able to find info but with home invasions on the rise and duct tape cheap and efficient I think it is more common than most people think.
What an horrific experience. I'm so sorry this happened in your life. Rape is about power, not about sex. The use of duct tape is also about exercising power. Use of duct tape on a hostage, crime victim or a child is torture. It creates a trauma injury in the aftermath. I'm so appreciative that you can talk about it and share this important information. Thank you so much and I hope your healing and understanding brings you great peace.

wow i cant vote on that .. the whole thought just makes me so heartbroken .. i get visions in my head just thinking about it and i cry and i cry hard ! oh poor baby caylee :(

I just can't bring myself to vote on this one. I don't want to think about it. It makes me really sick at heart.

You're right. This is tough for good people like you to even grasp as a mental thought or image. WE can shut off the computer and walk away. I just want to take a moment to remind people here that law enforcement officers, investigators, prosecutors, defense counsel, experts, probation officers and people who work in jails and prisons have a daily diet of this stuff. Most went into public service because they have a good heart and an honest belief in serving the people. This daily diet takes a huge toll, like working in a war zone does on soldiers. Depression, nightmares and post traumatic stress are common for soldiers and civilian "safety" personnel. So, the next time you hear that a soldier only has to serve 20 years to get a retirement or a safety member can retire with a substantial part of their working salary as retirement age age 50, just think of what they paid in terms of their life, their stress and their health. To serve 20 or 30 years under these conditions is an extreme service. I don't begrudge them a single penney of that retirement.

I have been wondering why ... did CA change Klee's bedroom? when Greta was there it was totally different and also I think she even changed rooms. wasn't it all white furniture before. I don't have the links from Greta's visit. Maybe to throw LE off should hey come back to check for blood spatter or something?

To Sdavidson11 and Wallflower--I am so very sorry for the traumatic events each of you has suffered in your lives. Very grateful that you have lived able to speak of what happened and I hope your respective lives are now treating you well. My prayers go out for each of you tonight.

I have been wondering why ... did CA change Klee's bedroom? when Greta was there it was totally different and also I think she even changed rooms. wasn't it all white furniture before. I don't have the links from Greta's visit. Maybe to throw LE off should hey come back to check for blood spatter or something?
New white furniture or recently painted?

I think she put the duct tape over caylee's mouth after she was unconscious from the chloroform rag. If caylee would have been conscious, i think she would have attempted to pull it off. I believe she duct taped her to avoid any sounds she might make when casey broke her little neck. The skull was detached, as it rolled out of the garbage bag. Even though the body was decomposed you think the skull would have remained attached unless it had a little help...like neck breaking detaching it from the spine. Gruesome!!! But maybe a possiblility????:eek:

I know what you are saying but as far as I know, it isn'y uncommon for the head to become separated from the body. It has been 6 months. Who knows what that little body has been through since June?? Decomp is not pretty....As we all can assume....first hand knowledge or no...For me, the skull becoming dislodged from the torso over time is not that unreasonable.

To Sdavidson11 and Wallflower--I am so very sorry for the traumatic events each of you has suffered in your lives. Very grateful that you have lived able to speak of what happened and I hope your respective lives are now treating you well. My prayers go out for each of you tonight.

I feel the same way. Hugs to you both.

New white furniture or recently painted?

well Themis I hadn't thought about painting it ...but that is probably what she did . How did she find it in her heart to go to this much trouble with Klee missing? When did she have time to redo this childs room ..in between camera shots???

the above expresses what I feel for each of you ........and has made me rethink my ideas about the duct tape..........though at this point I don't really know what happened I can see from your experiences that my heart and mind might be denying what COULD have happened.......
:blowkiss: to you........and {{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Was just looking at the thread on what LE took out of the house, and there is a very interesting photo of Caylee's bed along with the sacks of stuff going into the back of an LE vehicle. Part of an item sticking out of a sack looks similar to a ruffle on the edge of some of Caylee's bed linens/pillows, etc...so NOW I'm wondering if maybe the duct tape was put around Caylee's mouth and head to keep her quiet because KC killed her right there in the house! With GA and CA just in the next room! Chloroformed her, wrapped the duct tape around her head/mouth in case she woke up while KC was breaking her neck. Also if she was wrapped in a "covering" from the house, wouldn't it be so easy to just grab what's handy? We all know KC is all about quick, handy, whatever is easiest. This is the first time I've entertained the possibility that KC killed her IN the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998