GUILTY TX - Emma Thompson, 4, dies with STD, skull fracture, Spring, 27 June 2009

Thank you, God! Let's hope the DA's strategy works and the jury gives him the max, ensuring that he never steps foot out of prison alive! Sending lots of prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emma2-2.jpg

That beautiful smile, little button nose and bright, expressive eyes - it was a crime against humanity itself, that robbed the world (and most certainly her family) - of this beautiful spirit. She was surely the light of the Thompson family - IMO the world is a darker place for her loss and I hope LC and AY suffer - every single day they have left on this planet.

AY and LC were both raised with every advantage - and look what they did with it. They disgust me. Too bad HSV2 doesn't cause their sex organs to rot and drop off.

That beautiful smile, little button nose and bright, expressive eyes - it was a crime against humanity itself, that robbed the world (and most certainly her family) - of this beautiful spirit. She was surely the light of the Thompson family - IMO the world is a darker place for her loss and I hope LC and AY suffer - every single day they have left on this planet.

AY and LC were both raised with every advantage - and look what they did with it. They disgust me. Too bad HSV2 doesn't cause their sex organs to rot and drop off.

I just love your description of Emma! Can't you just imagine her bouncing into a room with those long, red curls flying behind her? It's been mentioned that she was always happy and smiling and having such a cheerful child like that around surely had to be such a blessing to those around her (except the perpetrators, of course).

The photo of her sitting in the bluebonnets and the one with her standing with her hands on her hips is so cute! And, I noticed that the pic of her in the robe must have been on Christmas morning - with gifts in the background. Her eyes just sparkled and you're so right ... she had to have been the light of the family!

It's wpnderful to finally hear some good news about this whole crazy situation! My hope is that momster gets brought up on much harsher charges in the future! Poor sweet baby, I can't even imagine what she went through and no one would rescue her. My God, it reminds me of Scott Peterson and the way he was raised with everything, yet turned out to be so very evil. To me, even though Abigail did not physically beat or rape Emma, she might as well have. My only hope is that they will now be brought up on murder charges together!

I am going with influence peddling in AY's case....just a theory. After all, didn't Abby's mom make sure she headed back to work at a hospital shortly after Emma died, or do I have the wrong end of the stick? Once someone complained, Abby left and worked at a flower shop. Do I have that correct?

Yes, MY is the CEO for the non profit SCOTT AND WHITE HEALTH CARE FOUNDATION (formerly Trinity Medical Center in Brenham) - Of course there was no nepotism in AY being hired! :rolleyes: We know this because the hospital administrator - CEO JS said so!

They had employes threatening to quit their job - according to the Banner (at the time) - as is case when one has more money than they know how to use wisely - remarks like Money Talks in Brenham - were prominent in the comment section and AY remained at her new job - right up until LEO showed up and arrested her before she had a chance to change out of her scrubs (I'll bet they enjoyed it !) :innocent:

Ms. Young was employed based on her qualifications as a registered nurse and she was completing her orientation, then was terminated minutes after her arrest - when she was charged with felony bodily injury to a child. After being bailed out, she took a job working at a nursery or plant/flower shop.

See... nothing underhanded going on here!! :yes: :yes: Oops I mean :no: :no: :angel:

Guys, you are killing me. Can we find anyone who has been consistently covering this case and would be open to a media campaign that would put pressure on the DA's office to come clean with why these adults were not charged with what seems so obvious.

Maybe if he had been tried for murder and found guilty, he would have spent his time on death row instead of general population for the rest of his miserable life, a far more just desserts for this guy.

jmo

Maybe if he had been tried for murder and found guilty, he would have spent his time on death row instead of general population for the rest of his miserable life, a far more just desserts for this guy.

jmo

Thanks yosande. I forgot to try and believe there is an order to things...a reason.

Sweet Emma, keep dancing with the angels and know you are not forgotten. Justice will be served to those who wronged you in your short life.

Snipped: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7211816.html

A Houston man faces the possibility of spending 25 years to life in prison with no chance at parole after being convicted of raping his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter shortly before her June 2009 death.

Jurors convicted Lucas Coe, 28, of super aggravated sexual assault of a child in visiting state District Judge Doug Shaver's court Tuesday after deliberating Coe's fate for 3½ hours. Because of the heightened charge, Coe will serve every day of whatever sentence the jury hands down.

Coe stood silently as the verdict was read. After hearing the decision, he sat and shook his head at his family. He was not charged in Emma's death. Barnett told jurors Coe was prosecuted for the super aggravated charge rather than murder because it carries a stricter punishment.

Coe's mother cried as family members hugged her. A spokeswoman for the family said they were devastated by the verdict.

Afterward, Coe's attorney, Rick DeToto, said his client was upset, frustrated and continues to say he is innocent.

"We'll always have a hole in our heart for Emma," said Laurie Thompson, the child's grandmother. "But, hopefully, no other children will have to suffer what Emma suffered and no other family will have to go through what we went through."

"We'll always have a hole in our heart for Emma," said Laurie Thompson, the child's grandmother. "But, hopefully, no other children will have to suffer what Emma suffered and no other family will have to go through what we went through."

Glad to know someone feels this way. So where is her headstone? I really really want it placed....

I'm trying to keep an eye out for the sentence. Should happen today right?

I hope he gets life, I'm praying he gets life, please give him life, please make him pay for little Emma's death!

Salem

I'm trying to keep an eye out for the sentence. Should happen today right?

I hope he gets life, I'm praying he gets life, please give him life, please make him pay for little Emma's death!

Salem

I second all of that......suspense is killing me, been halfway to tears all day. I know, I know, I'm too emotional for a baby I never knew but I dont care. I am what I am and emma is worth all of it.

I'm with you, 2goldfish. I have been tense as a board and my stomach all tied in knots since I got up at 2 a.m., even though I knew the court was no where near to even being open yet. I think it is going to take longer than 1 day to do the sentencing hearing though. It depends on how many witnesses each side will bring.

I'm with you, 2goldfish. I have been tense as a board and my stomach all tied in knots since I got up at 2 a.m., even though I knew the court was no where near to even being open yet. I think it is going to take longer than 1 day to do the sentencing hearing though. It depends on how many witnesses each side will bring.

I hear you, I haven't slept thru the night since early last week. One night I decided to try to "not think about it" before going to sleep and caught up with what was going on in the lives of the Duggars (I saw their photo on some magazine, while standing in line at the check out)

That night I woke up from a nightmare; I was having a conversation with Michelle, in her super-sized living room - when she excused herself, saying she was going out back for a smoke! LOL! No idea where that came from!! I give up!

I just watched the video with the Thompsons - after court yesterday - Ben stated he was glad Coe was found guilty - saying he is an animal. Emma's GMa choked up when making her statement about their loss.... :cry: :cry:

LC's atty said a new piece of evidence that weighed heavily on the jury's finding came from Coe's bro-in-law, where he recounted a conversation they had - after saying they were concerned he was guilty - Coe told them they would not find any of his DNA on Emma! (spoken like a guilty !).

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-lucas-coe-jury-story,0,6652759.story

ETA - Still looking for transcripts from AY's trial.

the victim impact statements may kill me :( I am sure will sit there staring blankly...I can never get over that. I dont see how they are so heartless.

I will never, ever understand why he was not charged with murder. And, Abby getting off so easy.

This was/is a death penalty case. Emma was murdered. I hope her sweet face haunts all involved forever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back