GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kingfisher This is an old suggestion of guilt and evil, The Shadow. First started when VT's facebook picture was released. Laughable and it just goes to show how easily some people can be influenced. Scary really.

I don't really think people are influenced they can think for themselves just like you are. I could consider your opinion on this as scary influenced and laughable but unlike you I wouldn't do that unless I was sure.
It was more than scary for poor Jo, and the callous way her body was found on Christmas day and if this does turn out to be a factor in this case I don't think it will be so laughable then, do you.

if this does turn out to be a factor in this case I don't think it will be so laughable then, do you.

If what turns out to be a factor? The photograph? I don't see what you're getting at, sorry.

If what turns out to be a factor? The photograph? I don't see what you're getting at, sorry.

Kingfisher is keeping an open mind on VT's shadow profile pic which some people have seen as a sign of evil and bending Jungian analysis to fit. It's utter nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

Let's calm ourselves and move past the profile picture. Endless arguing over petty matters cannot help our understanding of this case.

Kingfisher is keeping an open mind on VT's shadow profile pic which some people have seen as a sign of evil and bending Jungian analysis to fit. It's utter nonsense as far as I'm concerned.

Let's calm ourselves and move past the profile picture. Endless arguing over petty matters cannot help our understanding of this case.

Nonsense and petty to some but absolute truth to others.

No matter what it is or isn't, discussion of same will reduce the effectiveness of this thread by allowing a single issue to dominate, one on which there will always be disagreement, and about which, in the long run, not much may be said to depend.

I'm neither for nor against the notion of profile picture-as-signifier; what I want to stop is the back-and-forth pettiness of the discourse about it. A repetitive "yes it is" v. "no it isn't" is hardly the language of good sleuthing.

Hunt for clues to identify skeleton
9 hrs ago on This is Bristol Filton News
POLICE are trawling through 1,200 cases of missing women as they try to identify the skeleton found on wasteland in Avonmouth last week. So far detectives have eliminated about 900 of those and work is continuing on the remaining cases from across the country to see if there are links to the body. The remains were found on overgrown land at what used to be the Sevalco chemical plant off Severn Road last Monday.

Police have identified the human remains found at Avonmouth earlier this month as Lorraine Sweetman from Bristol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12926149

Those regulars here know more than all the press reports. way too many to mention; I'm not going to enter a dispute and argument over my personal beliefs. Nor will I accept that I'm wrong to believe as much. To ME ... in my view .... VT is so very evidently "the man behind this" and ..... yep - they eventually got him; he's now locked up and society is well safe from the man.

WE WILL SEE AND HEAR VERY TELLING EVIDENCE as the trial unfolds. Big time. It may shock some - so ... hang on to your seat-belts and hats. It's truly not a pretty story. Sometimes a handsome, intelligent, good-looking, athletic, aspiring, healthy and good sporty young man commits a heinous crime. To avoid a cat-spat ... I'm leaving yah all to it and ............. going to return to the sidelines .... and (just) watch.

If, and when ... perhaps .... I'm wrong .... I'll dive in with both feet.

However ..... methinks they have the right man. Anything else is .... an illusion ...

IMO.

Signing out, always ... Polk :)

Innocent until proven guilty I know, but I do tend to think they must have a huge amount of evidence against VT, not just that he is the neighbour and has/had a shadow pic on his fb profile but very incriminating evidence for him to be charged.

Police have identified the human remains found at Avonmouth earlier this month as Lorraine Sweetman from Bristol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-12926149

Thanks for that , she must have been about 44 when she went missing so not the usual type of young victim that has been in the news lately. I wonder how much information they would give out about this case anyway considering recent and past events in Bristol.
Sergeant Bob Baker said: "At this stage we do not believe this death is suspicious however an investigation is still ongoing and we are keeping an open mind.

Come back POLKSALADANNIE you are needed on this forum
Loraine Sweetman a quiet thoughtful academic person by some accounts, how can they go missing without their possessions. They must have had a base where someone would have known, unless they were living rough or in a hostel.

Miss Sweetman, who was born in 1960, and was not reported missing at the time of her disappearance. Meant to have aded this to last post.

Come back POLKSALADANNIE you are needed on this forum
Loraine Sweetman a quiet thoughtful academic person by some accounts, how can they go missing without their possessions. They must have had a base where someone would have known, unless they were living rough or in a hostel.

I started a thread about this UID in the appropriate thread some weeks ago, now she has been ID'd I have up dated it but I cannot find any information apart from the police, please could you go to the thread and post the bolded above there and tell where you found this, I would be so grateful

Son in Clifton reports landlord's flat as being painted at present, presumably in preparation for selling.

In Swindon, the children of Chris Halliwell have been having a hard time at school. Middle child, a daughter, now studying for GCSE at home (exam year) and youngest, a Yr8 boy about to return tomorrow after whole RC school given empathy lessons by Head. Eldest child, a girl, now at work/college?

Local taxi drivers report CH as being a nice chap...Also neighbours...

I noticed this thread was still active again and wanted to add something.

Firstly it was mentioned a few pages back of a possible link between the murder of JY and perhaps CH thus putting VT in the clear.

I don't believe these two incidents are related at all, and as other posters have mentioned I also think the LE have their men, both VT and CH.

However with the case of MH whose remains were found on a motorway verge in Glos, I think it is more likely that CH could have been the perp, The location and the fact that the motorway used is one that CH could have also used...

...but it is stretching it to assume that he killed JY.

Also a lot of people assume that a killer will always use the same MO of body disposal or murder, this is just plain wrong, as many killers have used other methods to try and stop the LE from forming a link - Others like to play games by making the method the same in order to feel superior to the LE but everyone is different.

The picture of VT the shadow picture is nothing remarkable as mentioned a lot of people could have taken a similar photo for their Facebook profile pic - The only thing the shadow looks like to me is a giant penis, perhaps. VT is holding the camera close to the body as to hide the camera, so would that make him a secretive person. - Again the photo is nothing.

I think I may have said something either on this site or somewhere else about the Anorak's odd and rather cryptic comment about his pic, but the pic itself seems harmless.

Rumour has it in Swindon that CH is indeed being questioned about MH. Her body was found on the interchange between the motorway and A419, I believe.

Not sure, however, that anyone has said /thought that CH was responsible for the Bristol murder...not sure where that idea originated.

SIAN MURDER IN SWINDON

Now police have said that they HAVE identified 2nd body, found in Eastleach, in Gloucestershire. Waiting to inform relatives before telling general public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah