WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mission ridge is not open on Mondays or Tuesdays so there would be no busses going up there. But I agree that she met someone at the boat launch, they wanted to talk in more private and agreed that at CB they could walk along the river, this person thought she was friendly and got frustrated and then freaked. Yes I believe the helecopters scared theperson into maybe hiding in the CB house, her body it was down by the river.

I thought that I heard advertisements on the radio that there was a period of time where Mission was running 7 days a week...it was probably around Christmas, but I thought it was around that time...

I thought that I heard advertisements on the radio that there was a period of time where Mission was running 7 days a week...it was probably around Christmas, but I thought it was around that time...

Duri g xmas season

From the Mission Ridge site:
Open Thursdays through Mondays, closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Lifts Operating Times: 9:00am - 4:00pm.

During the Holiday Period of December 17, 2009 through January 4, 2010 we are open 7 days a week. Lifts Operating Times: 9:00am - 4:00pm.

February 11, 2010 through March 1, 2010 - Open 7 days a week. Lift Operating Times: 9:00am-4:00pm.

April 13, 2010 - Scheduled Last Day of Operations.

So they would not have been open 2/9... and if they close at 4, why would MC head there?

From the Mission Ridge site:

So they would not have been open 2/9... and if they close at 4, why would MC head there?

I thought that was maybe how perp got out of Pitcher Canyon...taking the transit system from Mission. I knew it was far fetched.

Mission Ridge is closer to Wenatchee.

Stevens is more popular, I think, partly because it's on a major road and is closer to the Seattle area.

I haven't been to Mission Ridge. I have been to Stevens, it is quite nice.

I've been to both, a lot. I grew up going to Stevens, Crystal and Snoqualmie. Personally, I like Mission Ridge the best. It is always sunny, the prices for tickets are much much better and it doesn't seem as crowded.

I have dealt with the LE in this county for many years and have had friends that have dealt with them. The LE & politics always wants everything kept hush, hush. In my opinion it's hush in MC's case because they are afraid of not doing things right because they do not have the experience and they are terrified to have the mistakes thrown in their face like with the sex ring scandal in 1994-1995 (google it). It is a common practice in most cities for the papers and media to report on much more than what has happened here. I know from working in the broadcasting field, locally, for 12 yrs. that the LE has control over what is reported on and what is not (unlike other places). I have been well aware of rapes and other horrific crimes in our area and the LE and media keeps it quiet. Because we are a vacation attraction.... and they do not want to alarm the visitors nor stray people from moving to this community. They want the population to grow so we thrive. $$$$$

P.S. I no longer work for the media. I could not handle the dishonesty B.S.

bbm

Very unlike many places where the media is relentless so they can out-scoop their competition..Where it's obvious leaks come directly from LE..Where they're also a vacation attraction..This hush, hush mentality doesn't exist there & they still solve crimes..My guess is the majority of them & maybe public awareness from the media has a lot to do with it?..Either way this county needs to wake up & take a cue from them or they can do nothing & put their own community at even more risk all for the sake of $$$.

Do you guys know rapes have happened many times in enchantment park in Leavenworth, East Wenatchee; Macy's parking lot, and in Wenatchee; Albertson's parking lot? Have they reported about that. OR... even warned the public? This is a fact!

This is a CRIME! Seriously! :furious:

Oh boy, In my opinion skiing or snowboarding had nothing to do with this case. Just kinda caught up. This is a very little but BIG area, amazing how fast rumors fly...and get around. I spoke with a young man who SAID he has talked to LE, and taken a poly to verify what he was saying was the truth, he is not a suspect at all to my knowledge, just was doing the right thing, wrote a couple of tid bits down, I didn't want him to know I was (taking notes), I will go grab em, hope I didn't leave em at work...Oh IMHO, we are counting on the "Big Boys Club" to solve this case.

Oh boy, In my opinion skiing or snowboarding had nothing to do with this case. Just kinda caught up. This is a very little but BIG area, amazing how fast rumors fly...and get around. I spoke with a young man who SAID he has talked to LE, and taken a poly to verify what he was saying was the truth, he is not a suspect at all to my knowledge, just was doing the right thing, wrote a couple of tid bits down, I didn't want him to know I was (taking notes), I will go grab em, hope I didn't leave em at work...Oh IMHO, we are counting on the "Big Boys Club" to solve this case.

The skiing has to do with the poi having transportation from the link bus that heads up to the ridge

The skiing has to do with the poi having transportation from the link bus that heads up to the ridge

I am sorry, catching up is haarrrdd to do...da da dada da...sorry! I beleive the link bus stops at Lincoln Park and goes straight to Mission Ridge, to my knowledge there is no other stops.. PC is quite a bit closer to Lincoln Park than to the top of Mission Ridge.

Does anyone remember who posted or when it was posted about the 911 call on PC road about litter being found with names on it? I've searched the threads and the Manson Tribune and can't find it. I think it was around 3/5 ish. I would really appreciate any help.

Here ya go:

http://www.mansontribune.com/content/view/778/2/

09C00356 14:52:12 01/10/09 Littering 2395 PITCHER CANYON RD, WE 4

Just wondering if everyone thinks perp had his own vehical at the Boat Launch as well, or if perps vehical was already conveinently in place somewhere? PC CB? Just a thought?

2395 Picture Canyon Rd. seems to be a busy place in the last few months?

Just wondering if everyone thinks perp had his own vehical at the Boat Launch as well, or if perps vehical was already conveinently in place somewhere? PC CB? Just a thought?

I also wonder that. Could have been parked at the spec house? Or maybe MC and perp met up at the CB house in two cars, which would complicate the time line....random thoughts.

Here's the map / diagram of the CB property you requested earlier this week. I hope it helps.

FYI: The 2 shaded areas in the "Bushy-Area" on the map are the 2 "clearings." I neglected to label them.

It does help a lot BUT I need to know in what direction you believe her feet were IF they were in the stream vs the lake/river..TIA!

If there was some sort of construction work going on at CB, which I have heard, that there was... (rumor), then I wonder if any car pooling was going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson