IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cameras on College Avenue are probably intended to guard doorways and monitor traffic. Why would there be a need to watch the pedestrians on the sidewalk? However the alley camera seems to have been placed there to detect "activity." Was there a history in that alley?

There has been detailed explanations of all visible cameras along the route and their fields of view throughout this thread. I can help you out if you have a question regarding one in particluar.

I have a question for you, if Lauren HAD in fact turned the corner there, and walked down toward that alleyway, she would have passed the underground garage, could there be a camera pointed at that garage for incoming vehicles or outgoing ones?

There has been detailed explanations of all visible cameras along the route and their fields of view throughout this thread. I can help you out if you have a question regarding one in particluar.

Thanks. Sorry I missed the discussion. I don't doubt your "expertise", whatever it is. But the questions remain:

1. How do you know "His cameras (and no other known cameras) would have been unable to pick up an individual walking along the west side sidewalk of College at any point between 11th street and Smallwood" without access to the footage? Did you install the cameras? Was there a requirement to restrict coverage? Confine scope?

2. Have you viewed surveillance video from this area? If so, from whom?

Thanks. Sorry I missed the discussion. I don't doubt your "expertise", whatever it is. But the questions remain:

1. How do you know "His cameras (and no other known cameras) would have been unable to pick up an individual walking along the west side sidewalk of College at any point between 11th street and Smallwood" without access to the footage? Did you install the cameras? Was there a requirement to restrict coverage? Confine scope?

2. Have you viewed surveillance video from this area? If so, from whom?

1. No need to view the footage if the cameras aren't even pointing at the sidewalk.

2. I've seen some camera footage from the Tenth and College cameras (this was awhile ago, NOT anything close to the night in question)

I have a question for you, if Lauren HAD in fact turned the corner there, and walked down toward that alleyway, she would have passed the underground garage, could there be a camera pointed at that garage for incoming vehicles or outgoing ones?

Not following you here. If she turned the corner at 11th and College and walked south toward Smallwood, she would have come right to the front door.

I have cold chills, am shaking, and can't quite crying. God Bless them!

Yes me too.I would feel the same way and would not give up.I don't feel they are talking about JW and it sounds like one person they are speaking to.I am
still bothered by JR's statement to reporters that he speaks privately to the parents.Charlene denied that statement.IMO whoever did this is one heartless,
person and has no conscience.Things will not be the same on campus this semester.Everyone knows they are POI's.They will get looks and be talked about,while having to walk past all the posters of Lauren.It will be their demise.

Here is the solitary quote from which this entire "activity" thing is coming:

"We have information from that video that again gives us an indication not only of the direction (of her travel) but the activities that have taken place from where that video shows,"

That's it. It is ambiguous at best whether or not any activity is even shown let alone that something definitely happened. His responses weren't scripted, he is reacting like anybody would and says things that don't necessarily have any meaning at all in order to placate the reporters.

As for the name of the person she was with, LE hasn't released any names at all, so I am failing to understand why people keep coming back to quesioning the alley partner.

Good points. Thanks.

Google maps streetview is taken using a camera that drives around the street taking 360 degree pictures. Not sure when the shot the roads in bloomington but it is likely several years old.

I agree that it seems like they wouldn't even discuss the lawyer's video footage if it didn't capture at least part of the opposite side of the street.

The cameras on College Avenue are probably intended to guard doorways and monitor traffic. Why would there be a need to watch the pedestrians on the sidewalk? However the alley camera seems to have been placed there to detect "activity." Was there a history in that alley?

It probably depends on who OWNS the camera... if a business in that building had a history of break-ins (or of merchandise making its way to the dumpster due to unethical employees?), then I could certainly understand a camera that captures activity in the alley...

"We have information from that video that again gives us an indication not only of the direction (of her travel) but the activities that have taken place from where that video shows,"

This statement really has me bothered. Could JR be telling the truth about not being the last to see Lauren? If so, who would it be that LE want to keep secret, and why? It seems that most of the players have come back to college, who hasn't? JW?

I think what you are going to find is this video shows the same thing as every other piece of evidence does.LS in a condition that makes the story of her walking home alone 2 hours later not believable and the story that CR was the one that had to be put to bed equally unbelievable.

The camera ranges are still a question mark in my head. I am not doubting the excellent, helpful work and input from locals who have walked those streets and seen cameras. Not at all. It is just one of those I would have to literally see footage and the range from every camera along that route before I will check off any of them as not possibly being able to capture any bit of street or sidewalk that may be relevant. Just, for example, at our old job we had a security camera that was only intended to capture the front end of the parking lot and then somehow its range captured bits of the sidewalk that was across the street. Surprisingly weird, long range.
I am extremely grateful for all of the camera input though. It helps put things in perspective even though ultimately I still have some question marks about them that won't be answered until I see a sample of every camera's range.
Of course, I do believe LE has the answer to those question marks and I would be interested to see the results of their analysis.

1. No need to view the footage if the cameras aren't even pointing at the sidewalk.

2. I've seen some camera footage from the Tenth and College cameras (this was awhile ago, NOT anything close to the night in question)

Thanks for the clues (about your "expertise").

It will be their demise.

I've GOT it!! This is what we really need to have happen... some of LS REAL friends (we know she has them) need to get together and "abduct" a couple of PsOI... and then waterboard the snot out of them until they are ready to sing like little chickadees...

Perhaps we could offer immunity to the real friends to make that happen...

And really?? I'm only partially joking...

I looked yesterday at BTowns pictures of the last cam evidence that Lauren was in the alley, BUT, that camera is angled toward College St, am I correct on this point?
alleycam1.jpg

Just thought of something... if the lawyer's cameras have a view of the other side of the street, wouldn't it catch the mystery man witness events, or at least the witness walking towards it? Maybe this is why the LE hasn't been able to confirm the witness' statement?

I looked yesterday at BTowns pictures of the last cam evidence that Lauren was in the alley, BUT, that camera is angled toward College St, am I correct on this point?
alleycam1.jpg

5898840765_b8ec409296_z.jpg

And that pic is standing where Lauren was last seen on video, but facing the opposite direction she was.

The alley cam she was last seen on faces south toward Smallwood.

5898840765_b8ec409296_z.jpg

The alley cam she was last seen on faces south toward Smallwood.

I'm just attempting to get this straight in my head. So, the cam that is at the backside of the apartment building is NOT the camera that took her walking in the other alleyway? Yet, the corner camera on the backside of the apartment building didn't catch her on their video?

I'm just attempting to get this straight in my head. So, the cam that is at the backside of the apartment building is NOT the camera that took her walking in the other alleyway? Yet, the corner camera on the backside of the apartment building didn't catch her on their video?

There's a second camera in the photo you posted just to the right of the more visible one. It faces south down the alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni