Conrad Murray trial -Day seven.

sidenote by me - this judge does not permit speaking objections. Baez would have had a fit had he not been able to let all his narrative objections be heard by the jury.

:clap:Thanks for that -- I know you were being informative, as you have been all along, Talina, but your little "footnote" has me still chuckling....:giggle::lol::tyou: And indeed, you are absolutely correct on the good B-man.
icon8.gif

:chillout: to Esq. Baez

OT here but I have such a hard time watching HLN in the afternoon once InSessions drops the trial coverage. JVM just drives me to want to smash my tv. I wish they would drop her from the afternoon segment and just leave her to do her 1 hr show after trial coverage.

OT here but I have such a hard time watching HLN in the afternoon once InSessions drops the trial coverage. JVM just drives me to want to smash my tv. I wish they would drop her from the afternoon segment and just leave her to do her 1 hr show after trial coverage.

CNN live on line doesn't even have the trial listed right now, only the U.S. Weather Outlook. Hopefully someone will tell me when trial coverage continues so I can do a hard refresh and get it.

Ah now doesn't everyone just love HLN's former addict? I really wish she would stop comparing her alcohol use to MJs propofol use. What is that saying, report the news, don't be the news. I'm thinking Miss Jane has never heard this or at least never ascribed it to herself.

Did MJ fall or was he doing one of those on the shins fly across the stage moves during practice?

Also, I understand why AEG wanted past medical records legally for themselves, but it looks like today's testimony was implying that there was a sudden concern? I did not know of any concerns as all I have read was that MJ was in perfect health. Actually, very very healthy for a 50 year old man.

ETA: Want to thank everyone for keeping us updated again. Some of us would have no idea what is going on without you! :heart:

I skimmed through the autopsy report during the lunch break and in the diagram of MJ's body there is a comment written by his right knee which is marked with a pen. Because I can't read the comment, I can't say for certain if the comment is noting an open wound or scar tissue.

I doubt MC administered an injection into Michael's knee cap.

Does anyone know why Catherine Jackson is suing AEG?

I believe her lawsuit is a wrongful death suit claiming they hired Dr. Murray and therefore was responsible for the medical care he was receiving from Dr. Murray.

I swear if she knew I have eaten burritos for 3 straight days (need to finish em off before they go bad) she would declare me an addict because well.....

ARRGHHH

The defense has continually lost me in their line of questioning. It appears to me that they are doing more harm than good for their client at times.

BBM You make a good point, Thundar. In several cases I've seen, when the def has nothing, that's what they do. They repeat several facts that were brought out by the PT, and the witness re-confirms. "Are you saying....." or "Did you mean..." or "And it's true that...." or "It's your opinion that...." and similar. And the witness says "Yes."

All it does, seems to me, is to bolster the PT's arguments and to make sure that the jury heard all of it just in case they didn't get it the first time.
icon5.gif
icon5.gif
icon5.gif

I don't really agree with that Joe. Prescription drug abuse is NOT just for the wealthy. It has become an epidemic all across our country and most of those affected aren't the wealthiest in society by far. They can be very young to very elderly. Poor as dirt...jobless...in between or rich. There are over 25 million people addicted to prescription drugs. In Florida more life is lost due to prescription drug use than vehicle accidents. So whether it is MJ or Joe Schmoe it is irrelevant. When someone is addicted they will find away to get the drug their brain tells them they need in order to exist. That is why drug abuse is a disease. It changes the brain and the brain thinks the body needs the drugs to survive.

I don't think there is one bit of proof that MJ was addicted to Demerol at the time of his death or had used it recently. Dr. Klein's invoice given to the state for three months treatment listed IMs and that is the correct code since botox is IntraMuscular injections.

So many myths have been spun about this one man by the buzzard tabloids it makes ones head spin. There is no evidence that MJ was even an active drug addict at the time he died. EVERYTHING in his system was what Murray said HE decided to give him.

Imo, all MJ wanted to do is sleep. He did not want to get high.

I disagree, I think he had been taking drugs for a very long time, and some of those drugs were to get high, the propofol was for sleeping, but he had been going through Drs for years and getting what he needed, and there are millions who are addicted to prescription meds but most of them can't afford a private Dr so have to either buy them on the street, get a Dr to prescribe them for as long as they can, or forge a prescription,

MJ could buy any drug he chose, and I think he did use recreational some of his prescription meds, you do not pay 150,000 dollars a month unless your addiction is deep and you require a concoction of drugs,

Murray was not his only Dr, he went to Dr Kline on a sometimes daily basis to get his Demerol another of his addictions, and I doubt any of his Drs ever kept full and correct records of what they gave him, we will not hear of any other Drs he may have been using unless the judge considers them relevant, but for much of his adult life in my opinion MJ was a heavy user of prescription meds,

that does not absolve Dr Murray or any of his Drs for prescribing and administering drugs to him in the way they did, he should have been in treatment to try to get him clean, not prescribed more in order for him to perform

I swear if she knew I have eaten burritos for 3 straight days (need to finish em off before they go bad) she would declare me an addict because well.....

ARRGHHH

I can't watch her anymore,she talks ninety miles a minute,won't let others speak and talks about her road to recovery and her book more then I choose to hear.After I felt like taking a baseball bat to the the TV,I said no more Miss Jane.

I can't watch her anymore,she talks ninety miles a minute,won't let others speak and talks about her road to recovery and her book more then I choose to hear.After I felt like taking a baseball bat to the the TV,I said no more Miss Jane.

YUP, and she is filling in for Nancy Grace when she is off dancing so two full hours of her at night.

Back on topic. do you think we will get to hear CM's police interview next? any word on why they took such a long lunch?

I disagree, I think he had been taking drugs for a very long time, and some of those drugs were to get high, the propofol was for sleeping, but he had been going through Drs for years and getting what he needed, and there are millions who are addicted to prescription meds but most of them can't afford a private Dr so have to either buy them on the street, get a Dr to prescribe them for as long as they can, or forge a prescription,

MJ could buy any drug he chose, and I think he did use recreational some of his prescription meds, you do not pay 150,000 dollars a month unless your addiction is deep and you require a concoction of drugs,

Murray was not his only Dr, he went to Dr Kline on a sometimes daily basis to get his Demerol another of his addictions, and I doubt any of his Drs ever kept full and correct records of what they gave him, we will not hear of any other Drs he may have been using unless the judge considers them relevant, but for much of his adult life in my opinion MJ was a heavy user of prescription meds,

that does not absolve Dr Murray or any of his Drs for prescribing and administering drugs to him in the way they did, he should have been in treatment to try to get him clean, not prescribed more in order for him to perform

I have a different view on this. The money machine could not stop rolling long enough for MJ to get clean. (If he was using that much). I think people involved with his stardom (lack of better word) just wanted to keep it going. And for some reason MJ just trusted the wrong people at the wrong times and his untimely death was what happened. MJ was not innocent in the whole thing either.

YUP, and she is filling in for Nancy Grace when she is off dancing so two full hours of her at night.

Back on topic. do you think we will get to hear CM's police interview next? any word on why they took such a long lunch?

Not sure,I think he thinks they need the long break,since a lot was vital infro was covered today.I don't know if I will be able to watch getting late here.EST time 4:17.I have things to do.

I have a different view on this. The money machine could not stop rolling long enough for MJ to get clean. (If he was using that much). I think people involved with his stardom (lack of better word) just wanted to keep it going. And for some reason MJ just trusted the wrong people at the wrong times and his untimely death was what happened. MJ was not innocent in the whole thing either.

I am in full agreement, he has been addicted for years to prescribed drugs, somebody prescribed whatever he wanted, or they told him he needed, and they would continue to be complicit in his drug use as long as the money came in , but it would have been a better outcome if just one person had said enough, this stops now, and tried to help him,

I firmly believe much of his staff knew of his addictions, they knew of the sedation, but he paid them and paid them well to do there job and not concern themselves with that aspect of his life

plus working for MJ held a lot of prestige and they wished to keep that job,

I do still wonder about his family, did they not see him, if they did then just his extreme thin frame should have alerted them to the fact that something was wrong

ARRGHHH

:floorlaugh:

Oh that JVM -- everyone is an addict in her eyes (IMHO). Personally, I can't watch her anymore - all that yelling and screetching.

I wonder if her ratings are down, as I know very few people who can stomach her. And if she's commenting on the MJ trial, I have to mute her.

AND, I have to wait until Wednesday to watch NG if JVM happens to be covering for her.

Oi Vey!

Mel

Not sure,I think he thinks they need the long break,since a lot was vital infro was covered today.I don't know if I will be able to watch getting late here.EST time 4:17.I have things to do.

Vinnie Politan and others on HLN are speculating now that the reason for the long lunch is because the next witness will be playing the audio interview with Dr. Murray (lasts 2 hrs) and they did not want to start it and then break for lunch during the tape. Pure speculation on their part but that is what they are saying.

I am in full agreement, he has been addicted for years to prescribed drugs, somebody prescribed whatever he wanted, or they told him he needed, and they would continue to be complicit in his drug use as long as the money came in , but it would have been a better outcome if just one person had said enough, this stops now, and tried to help him,

I firmly believe much of his staff knew of his addictions, they knew of the sedation, but he paid them and paid them well to do there job and not concern themselves with that aspect of his life

I do still wonder about his family, did they not see him, if they did then just his extreme thin frame should have alerted them to the fact that something was wrong

I would imagine just from what I know of the situation if you went against what MJ wanted you were gone. Out the door so fast your head would spin. During the trial the defense tried to ask the security guy about family coming to the gate and being turned away. The judge shut them down. I get the impression MJ didn't want anyone else's opinion about his lifestyle.

They speculated on HLN that it could be the recording or the pics from the home explained by an ME or someone from that office.

Have nice evening. :)

I agree -- and what about the kids, P&P? They surely would know there's something wrong with MJ. Teens are very in tune to parents behaviour -- I have one myself. We don't even put beer or wine in the fridge anymore because of the influence it may have (oh, it's okay for mom and dad to drink, but not me).

If I looked like a skeleton and was found slurring my words, you're darn tootin my son would say something. If not to me, someone else.

How did he hide his addiction from his children and family? I can't figure that part out.

MOO

Mel

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member