AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the parents weren't really home after Isa went to bed? I know mom worked an early am shift, but any chance she was "doubling back" after a shift the evening before?

Like, maybe she had switched a shift: working an extra day to get the sat evening off for a wedding or something special?

Did they have two working cars? Maybe dad had to pick her up or drive her? Isn't there a disabled car around?

Someone close would surely be aware of those details, and their schedules...like knowing when the kids would be alone? My pre-teen and teenage boys sleep thru any and everything, including barking dogs.

...so many unknowns.

Pima county lists the house as 1-1/2 stories. (?)

They also listed it as Tile roof with Gables,

And her house is Flat with Shinges and Tar paper...? :waitasec:

I agree... I hope they haven't, we've just seen it before.

I have never understood the emphasis on the clothing they were last seen wearing or a certain hairstyle. :waitasec:
If you abducted a child, what would be the first thing you would do? Change their appearance.

This fabulously happy ending is a perfect example.
Her hair was cut, her clothes were changed and she was gone just over 24 hours.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108711&highlight=clothes&page=20

lso in other cases when a parent has avoided appearing in court for a minor violation while the child was missing, they've been criticized.

If he had forgotten and not shown up, that would have been labeled as irresponsible and he would have been criticized for that too.

I would personally rather go to court at this point... than try to do it after they find the child... either alive or dead. :twocents:

The clothing that a missing child was last seen wearing can be very important to know. If similar clothing is found tossed in a garbage can,or on the side of a highway, it can allow LE to pull some touch DNA, or other DNA. Can convict an offender later on...MOO So,is important for the public to know what kind of clothing...MOO

I'm wondering if there is a crawl space or attic type that they are classifying as the second floor. The house doesn't appear to be high enough on top to be a second floor living space. IMO

Here is a shot of the house off google from 2008.

Attachments

• Front of House.JPG
    Front of House.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 50
I admit that I was staunchly in the camp of non-parental abduction at the beginning. After watching the tape of their statement over and over, I'm on the fence.

It's unpopular up here though.

:fence:

I'm climbing up there with you. :fence: No body language expert here, but during their statement something spoke volumes. Not really sure what it was, but it was loud and clear.

Dad stood with hands lightly clasped in front of him, gazing out at the crowd, eyes darting all over the place, not a tear in sight (at least on the clip I saw), not nervously clasping hands. No nonverbal support of wife, no glance at her, arm around her, just standing calmly beside her. Mom later put her arm around him and grasped his shirt and that was about it. They really didn't look to each other for support at all. Matter of fact, they didn't really look AT each other much if at all. :waitasec:

Not saying they DID it, whatever it may be, but someone's guilty about something, or at least it looks that way from this angle. Could be something unrelated to Isi's disappearance, but there's an emotional disconnect somewhere.

Now someone's going to come along and say his being an opera singer made his calm demeanor possible, but I think all that would go out the window when your precious child is missing. In all honesty, I felt like I was WATCHING a performance of some kind. I've seen men cry and I've never seen one like that.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do, and maybe as someone earlier said, it may be a regional thing and body language et al is better interpreted by locals.

I really hope and pray that Isi is safe and will be home soon.
:please:

MOO

I'm wondering if there is a crawl space or attic type that they are classifying as the second floor. The house doesn't appear to be high enough on top to be a second floor living space. IMO

Here is a shot of the house off google from 2008.

Most of the time Sq FT is Under air Count
And Non-air Count of Sq FT.

Something is really off on what the county / city has on that address.

Yes, but I saw a draftsman drawing somewhere.

Dont know if this has been posted.. and I apologize if it blows the margins, but here's the layout of the Celis' home. (from Pima County Assessor's office)
http://tinypic.com/r/2j2wbxc/6

This is PERFECT! Now, if someone can take it and label the bedrooms, where Isabel's bedroom is, add the streets, the alley and the neighbors house, that would be perfect. I have no clue how to do that or how to post such a thing.

Yes, but I saw a draftsman drawing somewhere.

This is PERFECT! Now, if someone can take it and label the bedrooms, where Isabel's bedroom is, add the streets, the alley and the neighbors house, that would be perfect. I have no clue how to do that or how to post such a thing.

This one?

http://www.azhouseplans.com/images/1838.jpg

It is a generic plan of what maybe the type of house.

In the Lisa Irwin case, I think there was some mention of purple clothing being found not long after her disappearance- later this proved unrelated, but it was significant because Lisa was last seen in purple pjs, IIRC. I certainly think it can't hurt to include a description of what they were last seen wearing, with hopefully the understanding that 5 days later, Isabel isn't likely to be seen walking around in those clothes. That doesn't mean the clothes aren't disposed of somewhere!

Especially in Isabel's case, I wish there was more emphasis on her clothing, because she was last seen in navy blue clothes- not your stereotypical "girl" clothes, and someone could have seen her clothing without realizing it! I don't know that a lot of people would look at navy blue athletic shorts and think "Isabel Celis!" It could be an important clue that people are missing.

I'm climbing up there with you. :fence: No body language expert here, but during their statement something spoke volumes. Not really sure what it was, but it was loud and clear.

Dad stood with hands lightly clasped in front of him, gazing out at the crowd, eyes darting all over the place, not a tear in sight (at least on the clip I saw), not nervously clasping hands. No nonverbal support of wife, no glance at her, arm around her, just standing calmly beside her. Mom later put her arm around him and grasped his shirt and that was about it. They really didn't look to each other for support at all. Matter of fact, they didn't really look AT each other much if at all. :waitasec:

Not saying they DID it, whatever it may be, but someone's guilty about something, or at least it looks that way from this angle. Could be something unrelated to Isi's disappearance, but there's an emotional disconnect somewhere.

Now someone's going to come along and say his being an opera singer made his calm demeanor possible, but I think all that would go out the window when your precious child is missing. In all honesty, I felt like I was WATCHING a performance of some kind. I've seen men cry and I've never seen one like that.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do, and maybe as someone earlier said, it may be a regional thing and body language et al is better interpreted by locals.

I really hope and pray that Isi is safe and will be home soon.
:please:

MOO

ot, but IMO, opera is all about drama. Not just in the music.It also relies on facial expressions to display emotion and tell a story. Many operatic singers are also skilled actors...FWIW.

It is possible that the dog hit we heard about was a cadaver dog and was inside the home; that would keep the family in the POI loop. It is also possible that one or both refused a lie detector test, or that parts of their stories did not match up. We just don't know. We are only hearing, more than once, that they are considered POI's as well as anyone else. If they believe that Isabel did not leave the home alive, for instance, that could be why they feel she is not far away, due to time constraints. Lots of "ifs", I know, but we don't know the truth about any of those questions.

What if the parents weren't really home after Isa went to bed? I know mom worked an early am shift, but any chance she was "doubling back" after a shift the evening before?

Like, maybe she had switched a shift: working an extra day to get the sat evening off for a wedding or something special?

Did they have two working cars? Maybe dad had to pick her up or drive her? Isn't there a disabled car around?

Someone close would surely be aware of those details, and their schedules...like knowing when the kids would be alone? My pre-teen and teenage boys sleep thru any and everything, including barking dogs.

...so many unknowns.

All we know is the night before the entire family went to a baseball park. One or both of the boys plays little league ball.

NG was on HLN today and she said they have learned that the family was late getting home because the daddy helped clean up the park and cleaned off the baseball diamonds..etc. So they probably arrived home late around 10:30 -11pm ish and Isa was put in her bed.

Also NG said they have learned why her daddy went in to get Isa up at 8:00 that morning instead of letting her sleep in is because she had a baseball game herself that she was supposed be in that morning.

I am sure LE is very aware of their schedules and timelines.

IMO

Isa Window side of House.PNG
Isa Window Side

Alley Side of House.PNG
Alley side

Back of House.PNG
Back of House

Front of House.PNG
Front of House

These are her house,

Not matching the County Pic....:waitasec:

Status