FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I'm trying to catch up with y'all. So the case is now classified as Missing Endangered? IMO, that means LE has not found any evidence of an abduction and lack of evidence of death would only leave Missing Endangered. JMO of course.

This morning my husband was leaving for work and went to give our son a kiss before he left which he always does he goes to his bed he's not there he comes back to our room to check the couch because sometimes he comes in our room in the middle of the night he's not on the couch so he starts to panic and wakes me. Where's christopher I am asleep but jump up and start looking don't see him on the couch don't see him in bed so go to daughters room and ask is christopher with you she says yes I say where I don't see him she says in the chair I look over and see him asleep in the pappazon chair. I was so releived. We all went to bed around 10 and they decided to watch the lion king and he fell asleep in her room which rarely happens because my daughter is 17 and my son is 7 they haven't spent time like that together in years. They were off school for presidents day. I was so releived when I saw him sleeping in that chair,I just can't imagine what these folks are going through I felt very blessed today. Sorry for the long post but I was terrified for about 30 seconds thank god that was all.
I can relate to that story. Well not in the past 7-8 years since they have gotten older. I used to call my house - musical beds. Oldest would come get in bed with us - push dad outta bed - he'd go to couch - but youngest would be on couch so he'd go to her bed. I never knew who was going to be where when I got up in the morning! I got used to just checking the entire house. Never panicked because we had an alarm wired to all windows and doors - and that thing was LOUD!!! But when my kids were little it was an adventure every night and like a scavenger hunt every morning. lol

Speaking of Karl Johns.

I hope I don't get in trouble for this but I couldnt bring it over without the actual post. I'm not that adept with comp. stiff/ There is some info on here that Crystal 's mother was a Johns.

http://.net/index.php?topic=4523.msg675680#msg675680

I just thought of something...

If Misty's cousin is the one that abudcted Haleigh then I just had thought about the door etc. There was a report on one of the news shows a couple days ago that the front door was open as well as the backdoor. What if Misty's cousin the one that did stuff her when she was a child tried to pin this on Misty?

My Theory on how this could have went down making everything else make sense -

The cousin parks his vehicle near the train tracks(ONLY IF THIS IS POSSIBLE) then walks to the Cummings house getting the brick on the way there. He goes in through the front door making his way into the kitchen and turning the light on goes to the backdoor, opens it up and then props the brick there. He then makes his way to the bedroom and gets Haleigh who wakes up and willingly goes with him since she knew him. They walk into the woods, go near the pond to try and make people think she fell in or her body was dumped there, and they then leave the pond making their way back to his vehicle at the train tracks.

This could explain why her scent was no longer there, the trail of scent to the pond, and would explain the brick there at the home. Maybe he was trying to pin this all on Misty.

he seems to be looking for a phone that he knows is in the hands of his minor child gf. acting like he is not aware of the location of his phone.

In his state of mind then and there he wasn't thinking clearly at all

I lived with last husband six months before marrying him along with the kids, who were my step kids. they called me mom from day one, before we got married, and I always referred to them as my kids. I really don't think it's much of a big deal.

Were you 16?

Its ok Shadow - let me try to help here with what I have:

Jeremy Miller stuff is what I have also.

The "cuz" from TN - I have NO info about him as we were given nothing but a "cuz" from TN.

Klye Johns is RSO - was listed as the one who lived the closest to the home. Father is local pastor in Baptist Church. Also CS (bio mom) - her mother - Haleigh's maternal gma - seems her maiden name is (was) Johns - and I think digging turned up pastor johns as a relative as well so that would make KJ a distant relative on bio moms side.

Walden Parsons info - I have the same but I added that the land line phone number I found was registered to him - so it must be an old number and I'm assuming no new landline to the home.

Now the Sapp people. I don't think Guy Sapp was the RSO - I could be wrong. We did find other Sapp(s). Misty's sis and BIL - the one with the nephews and van - their residence is listed on property records as Lindsey Croslin and Guy Sapp owners. I think it was Guy. So that would be relative connection to gf's family.

How's that sound? This is good - makes me go back over my notes.

I posted a list of family names earlier in this thread. Went sleuthing and came up with this http://www.ticic.state.tn.us/sorinternet/SOFind.aspx?strhold=n=Carman
Could be something...could be nothing.:waitasec:

I am curious about what was in the article that was posted earlier..
"Miller told First Coast News he understands why Cummings wants volunteers to hold their ground, but he's only returning to Texas at the request of authorities."

The sheriff said today in the presser they did not ask TES to leave.

Maybe at the request of the TEXAS authorities? They had another missing person search request? That's what I understood anyway.

I am curious about what was in the article that was posted earlier..
"Miller told First Coast News he understands why Cummings wants volunteers to hold their ground, but he's only returning to Texas at the request of authorities."

The sheriff said today in the presser they did not ask TES to leave.

I'm thinking TM wasn't supposed to say he was asked to leave. I'm thinking LE has someone in their sites and that they no longer consider this an abduction but foul play.

Nothing major, but on Bill O'Reilly tonight he had Monica Crowley to give an update on this case. Her brief synopsis was that "the 17-year old girlfriend has a LOT of inconsistencies." She said that in her opinion, local LE is zeroing in on the family. Another woman, Margaret Hoover, mentioned the 44 SOs in the area and said we need to adopt a zero tolerance for SOs and lock them up.

This morning my husband was leaving for work and went to give our son a kiss before he left which he always does he goes to his bed he's not there he comes back to our room to check the couch because sometimes he comes in our room in the middle of the night he's not on the couch so he starts to panic and wakes me. Where's christopher I am asleep but jump up and start looking don't see him on the couch don't see him in bed so go to daughters room and ask is christopher with you she says yes I say where I don't see him she says in the chair I look over and see him asleep in the pappazon chair. I was so releived. We all went to bed around 10 and they decided to watch the lion king and he fell asleep in her room which rarely happens because my daughter is 17 and my son is 7 they haven't spent time like that together in years. They were off school for presidents day. I was so releived when I saw him sleeping in that chair,I just can't imagine what these folks are going through I felt very blessed today. Sorry for the long post but I was terrified for about 30 seconds thank god that was all.

You reacted like normal parents would. (a few new gray hairs but thank God he's ok, right!) I have not heard Misty & Ron mentioning checking on Jr., waking him up & asking if he heard anything, etc. The omission is strange. I mean he only just turned 4, but you'd think Ron or Misty would have added "We asked Jr. & he said he didn't see or hear anything, either." I know I'd be on Greta & Nancy & Geraldo going "I didn't see or hear anything, he didn't see or hear anything, the preschooler didn't see or hear anything, the dog didn't see or hear anything. That's it! For G***'s sake, people, we didn't do it! Now, please would everybody stop wasting time and get busy and help us find our darling little girl?!"

I'm thinking TM wasn't supposed to say he was asked to leave. I'm thinking LE has someone in their sites and that they no longer consider this an abduction but foul play.

an abduction isn't foul play? j/k. i'm wondering if they have found the body but are still building a case. my best guess has misty being involved and i noticed that the big search today was right off the highway between ron's house and daytona beach (where misty used to live). a route i assume she is familiar with, but ten or so miles from ron's house (knowing searches would be centered around ron's house). (i'm assuming hwy 17 or whatever it was is the route you would take to daytona beach.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch_22
i think LE is either totally clueless about this case or they know a lot and are building a case and will arrest someone(s) fairly soon. one extreme or another......

I think there is more and what kind of issues did CPS have to come out on on more than one occasion when Misty and Ron were only together for 5 months. If Ron was the one watching Hayleigh when she ended up in the water and Misty and Ron were known for not watching the kids, this was an abduction waiting to happen.
I hope that's not true.

MC's blanket "was in the van that they took". There was a blanket covering a window (RC sleeps during the day since he works nights) and Haleigh's blanket smelled like pee pee. It was time to put the kids to bed. There were not enough clean blankets for all 3 of them, so MC covered at least Haleigh with a sheet (probably Jr. too, but since it wasn't stated any where, I didn't want to start a tangential argument) and washed both blankets, the one from the window and the pee pee blanket. The blankets were ready at 10:00p-ish and MC put a blanket on Haleigh.

So far, MC sounds like a decent little caretaker to me.

Nothing covering the bedroom window. Haleigh is asleep in front of the television and the tv is on for at least 2 hours before the blanket is dry. The dryer, if they have one, is at the back door. Does this door have a window?

Anyone watching the house would see the child/children asleep by peeking through the window and see or even hear MC doing laundry. Dryers vent to the outside and it is easy to tell when someone is using the dryer.

MC said that the rear door is rarely used - to take out the garbage or the vacuum to vacuum the car. Maybe she took out the garbage and forgot to re-lock the door, or physically could not lock it herself. Something tells me they do not leave the house to smoke, so MC taking a smoke break outside isn't on my list of probabilities. She may be terrified to admit to RC that she "may" have not locked the door after putting out the trash. It should be easy to tell if the trash was just put outside. The trash cans in the house will be empty.

However, forgetting to re-lock, or being unable to re-lock one of the 2 door locks doesn't make her a suspect to me.

As for the rope on the door handle. IIRC thiis door has handicap access, with a ramp to the back door. A rope would be used by someone in a wheel chair to open the screen door (which swings out). They would have to roll up to the door, grab the rope, and roll backwards to open it and then hold it open and roll to the regular door. ( Maybe this is the landlord's compliance with ADA - JUST KIDDING!) More than likely a left over from a former tenant for whom the ramp was built. Or as another poster said, to keep the screen door from banging around in the wind.

I just read the interview with GVS. They gave slightly different descriptions of the details of what happened, as in which event happened when. MC states that she woke, went to pee, saw the kitchen light, then the open door, went to the bedroom where the kids were sleeping and Haleigh was not there. RC states that MC told him she woke up, noticed Haleigh wasn't in her bed, searched for her and found the kitchen light on and the back door open. Because they both speak out of sequence a lot, and I only read the transcipt and can not judge the voice inflection, the facial expressions, the emotion of the tones, I think this was just poor commuication skills. These are just regular people who have led lives of quiet desperation. They can not be faulted for poor verbal skills. They do not appear to be devious people to me at all.

I am glad that the bio-mom and grandma especially have put aside their own petty grievances of the past and have united with ALL the family in the search for Haleigh. Grandma showed a lot of class when she issued a public apology after smearing RC and MC as much as she did. Plus, neither of them can complain too much about 17 year olds and babies, bio-mom was once a 17 year old mom herself and at 19 "lost" Haleigh at the bottom of a canal, nearly killing her.

I thought bio-mom had just returned the kids from her visitation weekend on Sunday at 6pm. Then, Haleigh is taken Monday night/early Tuesday morning and there was a hearing set for Tuesday regarding an issue with the children? All this in a neighborhood full of SO's and a predophile cousin coming for a visit and stealing a gun.

Life is complicated when it is dissected.

What is the differance between a 'Endangered Child' vs a 'Missing Child'?

I do not know for a fact, but I would expect that it may be due to her health and she may have had to take the Human Growth Hormone injections at intervals. Also could be her age has something to do with it. After all, there is no proof that Haleigh has been kidnapped, abducted, or has run away. So she really is an endangered missing child. JMO

You reacted like normal parents would. (a few new gray hairs but thank God he's ok, right!) I have not heard Misty & Ron mentioning checking on Jr., waking him up & asking if he heard anything, etc. The omission is strange. I mean he only just turned 4, but you'd think Ron or Misty would have added "We asked Jr. & he said he didn't see or hear anything, either." I know I'd be on Greta & Nancy & Geraldo going "I didn't see or hear anything, he didn't see or hear anything, the preschooler didn't see or hear anything, the dog didn't see or hear anything. That's it! For G***'s sake, people, we didn't do it! Now, please would everybody stop wasting time and get busy and help us find our darling little girl?!"

That is the only thing that concerns me about Ron, you would think the good father would go running to the first possible witness (Misty). WHen first witness has nothing, you move to the second, (RJ). You are right, there is no mention of waking RJ, taking him somewhere safe, asking him where his sister is.
It also makes me wonder if RJ slept through all the screaming of the 911 call. Usually with little kids, if their parents are that upset, they are upset, even if they don't know why. But we don't hear RJ crying in the background in that tape.
If I came home and one of my kids were missing, the other one would be in my arms until i knew that they weren't going to disappear too. It would be instinct.
I really don't want to start doubting Ron, but it's getting harder not to the more time I have to think about it.

I really don't think that Ron had anything to do with this. If he was at work that night then he would have people that could back him on that. He might even have to clock out of the place when he leaves which would also give them proof. I know that those two have past record and that so does the bio mom but I really don't the father or bio mom had anything to do with this. The biomom is way to broken up about it just like the father is. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968