Check Fraud case information

They know they have zero chance of winning this one. All that's left in the grab bag is deny, deny, deny, delay, delay, delay. Anything to keep it out of the murder trial.
I was just thinking how gratifying it will be to hear the word "guilty" sometime soon.

EXCELLENT question! What could be going on? I don't understand this.

The article is not very informative. The title says "postponed" but the article says the trial is not going to happen. Just "sources say". To top it all off, isn't today a national holiday? I would think the courthouse would be closed. Perhaps Casey copped a deal or will plead guilty..but where is the info coming from? I was looking forward to seeing her face AH!

Can you say "Plea agreement" boys & girls??

There's NO WAY she wants this to go to trial, especially if she's more than likely going to just get sentenced to time served and/or probation.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/1/18/casey_anthonys_check_fraud_case_delayed.html

ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony’s check fraud trial was supposed to start Jan. 25.

However, News 13 has learned the trial isn’t going to happen.

Anthony is facing charges of stealing checks from her friend Amy Huizenga.

Meanwhile in Anthony’s murder case, there are still motions connected to the case that haven't been heard, such as a change of venue.

Sources told News 13 certain depositions still haven't been taken.

According to sources, a court hearing connected to Anthony's murder case scheduled for this week also will not take place.

LOL BETCHA everybody is packing up and going home 'cause that letter was soooooooooooo convincing!.....N O T !

hmmmmmmmm maybe we will be able to say: plea bargain?????? or nolo contendere ?????:banghead:

Cuss cuss cuss cuss cuss. I have been waiting so long for this!

This is sooooo odd.

What's odd is that it's happening on a day the courts are closed. I was surprised it got this late, I mean good grief they have her on film and they have her on video in the jail saying "tell Amy I'm sorry." But I was starting to think it was actually going to happen.

The article is not very informative. The title says "postponed" but the article says the trial is not going to happen. Just "sources say". To top it all off, isn't today a national holiday? I would think the courthouse would be closed. Perhaps Casey copped a deal or will plead guilty..but where is the info coming from? I was looking forward to seeing her face AH!
That's the point: nothing with teeth is on the court site yet....and the author of the article...well, wonder if the education source is similiar or comparative to that of the scientist/researcher?....NAH, that was a witchy comment (so undeserved, the author is probably a weekend stringer!)

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/1/18/casey_anthonys_check_fraud_case_delayed.html

ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony’s check fraud trial was supposed to start Jan. 25.

However, News 13 has learned the trial isn’t going to happen.

Anthony is facing charges of stealing checks from her friend Amy Huizenga.

Meanwhile in Anthony’s murder case, there are still motions connected to the case that haven't been heard, such as a change of venue.

Sources told News 13 certain depositions still haven't been taken.

According to sources, a court hearing connected to Anthony's murder case scheduled for this week also will not take place.

Sorry to quote my own post..
Does this mean that depositions for the check fraud case have not been taken? I know they all haven't been done for the murder case...
Is this another delay tactic or something?

I bet they are going to reach a plea aggrement. All the DA wants is a felony conviction on her record.

Can you say "Plea agreement" boys & girls??

There's NO WAY she wants this to go to trial, especially if she's more than likely going to just get sentenced to time served and/or probation.

I have the same thoughts. I think it would legally be in her best interests to make a deal and maybe, just maybe, her legal team as finally gotten through to her on this.

This is pure speculation.....IF she made a deal, a misdemeaner or a violation (depending on the possible deal) is much much better then a prior felony when it comes to the murder trial. And, if her lawyers were smart, they may have even been able to include in the deal that the check evidence won't be allowed at trial.

I smell a plea. There is so little to go on at the moment but securing a plea for it would be easy. I doubt princess saw the light but someone may have got through to Baez. When you demand a trial for an open and shut, chances are you will be smoked like a cheap cigar when the guilty verdict comes in. Under normal circumstance, it is a 'time served' case anywhere, especially since the bank was paid back. All conjecture on my part but with what she is facing ahead, the need to save her time for other charges is useless. Similar to double-dipping in college, you can't use your time for two separate groups of cases. e.g. When I changed majors from foriegn language to info sci, programming classes no longer counted as a 200 math because my major required them. That time she has already served won't mean a lick on a LWOP so why not use it to get the fraud and check stuff out of the way? Again, laymen observations all.

I have the same thoughts. I think it would legally be in her best interests to make a deal and maybe, just maybe, her legal team as finally gotten through to her on this.

This is pure speculation.....IF she made a deal, a misdemeaner or a violation (depending on the possible deal) is much much better then a prior felony when it comes to the murder trial. And, if her lawyers were smart, they may have even been able to include in the deal that the check evidence won't be allowed at trial.

I don't think the defense has any cards to play in a deal. It will be a one sided deal with the DA getting what he wants.

Would she be required to stand in front of the judge and admit she did it?

Blaise

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back