FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Zimmerman did feel his life was in danger, and was screaming "NO, NO, HELP, NO, HELP!" because he kwew he was armed, and was desperately hoping some one else would intervene before he had to resort with deadly force. I know I would want to try all alternatives before I killed some one, even in self defense.

He quickly ruled out the best alternative, which was to stay in his CAR!

Last time I checked, my 17-year-old niece is still a child? She's still in High School. She can not vote. She can not buy cigarettes. She lives at home. She has a job where she is protected under "Child Labor Laws." I can go on and on.

17-years-old is still a child.

Apparently not to some LolaMoon.

And how was the phone locked if he was just on it mere moments before his murder?

Doesn't your phone lock after you shut it down?

Some do after a certain time after being dropped, closed or so... It always depends how you personally set it up with security password.... But even if... In my opinion the should have been able to do so with the technic nowadays ... But as I said I am not sure what we really can take for real what comes from LE Sanford ...

Blessings

Micci

Do you not find that sign a clear threat on Zimmerman's life? Do you think they chose that wording to be kind of funny and nostalgic?

No. That's a threat.

Sorry I'm not watching the rally. Is there really a sign that says that? TIA

I hope they're not calling to report a suspicious black person.

I have called police when I have seen people in my neighborhood first thing they ask is Description of person,when I have said height,average build they ask me Race.It is how they identify who I am calling about.

Prosecutor has just resigned they are bringing in a new prosecutor from Jacksonville

Last time I checked, my 17-year-old niece is still a child? She's still in High School. She can not vote. She can not buy cigarettes. She lives at home. She has a job where she is protected under "Child Labor Laws." I can go on and on.

Yes....especially when you consider that he was just two weeks past 16......

The Castle Doctrine does not apply. It is the "Stand Your Ground" law that does. Stand Your Ground laws, which eliminate the longstanding legal requirement that a person threatened outside of his or her own home retreat rather than use force.

It takes two people to have a fight. The minute GZ disobeyed directions from LE to hold his position until LE arrived he took matters into his own hands and essentially he caused the incident. How do you go from a perfectly innocent person walking to his family's condo into a planned assault by this young man? He was on he phone with a witness who said he was trying to get away from this man. GZ carried a gun and pursued him.

Maybe someone should have warned this so called "aggressive teen" not to bring a bottle of ice tea to a gun fight.

Plus GZ was not in his home. He was in what is referred to in gated communities as a common area. GZ wasn't even on his own property so how does the castle law even a consideration. How many times do police officers tell citizens not to take the law into your own hands? Call LE and let them handle it. GZ chose not to do that with deadly results. jmo

Some do after a certain time after being dropped, closed or so... It always depends how you personally set it up with security password.... But even if... In my opinion the should have been able to do so with the technic nowadays ... But as I said I am not sure what we really can take for real what comes from LE Sanford ...

Blessings

Micci

I agree about what comes out of SPD but have we seen where they actually said it?

Wasn't Tray's family first told by police that they didn't have Tray's phone?

Prosecutor has just resigned they are bringing in a new prosecutor from Jacksonville

That's good news. I really think being transparent, and working with the public is what is needed here. And move up that GJ hearing if possible.

Move things forward, and be transparent about it.

Yes, well, you can tell from the 911 call that he did not simply approach TM and ask "Excuse me young sir, but might I ask what your business is tonight?"

he did NOT say, I am with neighborhood watch why are you here?

The girlfriend was pretty clear when she demonstrated what she heard which was a pretty belligerant "WHAT ARE YOU DOING AROUND HERE?"

If he wanted to and thought he could resolve things peacefully then his method truly sucks....and yes following someone and asking what they are doing in a certain way is in fact an aggressive act, and gives every indication that you want to start a physical fight.

My personal opinion is that everything that I have heard leads me to believe that he had every intention of starting a physical fight, and he wasn't afraid because after all he had a gun.

I don't know if he was belligerent when he asked Trayvon what he was doing and it makes no sense for a guy with a gun to go start a fist fight.

So per JVM his father is a magistrates Supreme Court Judge in VA. And his mother a clerk of court for 20 years seems connected to me.

Of course Tray was a child.

A caller just said she believes if happened because the Hispanics and African Americans have tensions between them in FL.Is that true?

In Sanford, the tension is between blacks and the police dept. Blacks are treated differently than others by the Sanford police imo.

JMO

GZ may have thought Trayvon was armed, he obviously thought he was up to no good, so he may well have been in fear for his life.

Really. Do you think GZ would have followed Tray if he thought he was armed? Nope, he would have stayed in his car till the police got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304