Casey, how did she cash all of those checks

KellioPSL

Former Member
Reaction score
Casey went on a spending spree with amy's checkbook after amy left for PR
on one of the chks to trgt casey actually signed her own name, even though the header on the check had amy's information. On another check cashed at BOA casey made the check out to herself and forged amy's name. But some of the checks appear to have amy's signature forged on them, most places require identification, a picture ID, so how did she cash the other checks ?

Workers not following the rules completely and not paying attention to the I.D and checks.

Casey went on a spending spree with amy's checkbook after amy left for PR
on one of the chks to trgt casey actually signed her own name, even though the header on the check had amy's information. On another check cashed at BOA casey made the check out to herself and forged amy's name. But some of the checks appear to have amy's signature forged on them, most places require identification, a picture ID, so how did she cash the other checks ?

Because the cashiers didn't ask for ID.
There are plenty of times I write checks and don't get asked for ID, while other times, they do ask.
I guess she got "lucky". :rolleyes:

I had an entire box of checks stolen from a mail drop in Memphis,Tn..they were new checks I had ordered....the thief went on a spending spree from Friday through Sunday....when I actually saw the checks she signed my name and even though I am far from Memphis, I knew she could never have known my signature...that did not matter....she apparently had a fake ID but the clerks also did not check any information....I was told by LE they use checks like these over a week-end so they are less likely to be caught and then sell what unused checks are left or they toss them into the streets....lots of items purchased were probably returned for cash...thus began a nightmare for me having to prove I was not the writer and did not make any of these purchases....this involved proving over and over my identity....I wish she had been caught cause I would have prosecuted her to the fullest....I just hope AH is wise enough to do the same to KC!!!!!

It appears in the Target videos that she did provide ID. It appears the cashier swiped the identification, but didn't look at the information to match it up per se.

I used to work at a bank for years. This is so easy. Just b/c AH was the only name printed on the check doesn't mean it isn't a joint account. What if AH didn't want to buy more checks since putting someone else on her account? Also, depending on the time and bank branch it could be during a peak time (just imagine how you get mad at someone taking more than a min in completing their transaction) and the teller is trying to make everyone happy and getting people in and out the door.

It appears in the Target videos that she did provide ID. It appears the cashier swiped the identification, but didn't look at the information to match it up per se.

Right...forgot about that. Good job. :)
So I wonder exactly what that computer scans for...what info does it get from your DL? :waitasec: Obviously, it doesn't make sure info on DL and check match...so what does it do?

So I wonder exactly what that computer scans for...what info does it get from your DL? :waitasec: Obviously, it doesn't make sure info on DL and check match...so what does it do?

I'm pretty sure it copies your drivers license number. I believe the backs of the checks are in the dump too! It may scan additional information but I'm pretty sure the DL # is scanned.

I used to work at a bank for years. This is so easy. Just b/c AH was the only name printed on the check doesn't mean it isn't a joint account. What if AH didn't want to buy more checks since putting someone else on her account? Also, depending on the time and bank branch it could be during a peak time (just imagine how you get mad at someone taking more than a min in completing their transaction) and the teller is trying to make everyone happy and getting people in and out the door.

The check that she cashed at the bank was written out to Casey A. IIRC. She then forged Amy's signature so it appeared AH wrote out a check to KC for $250, not many tellers would question that, why would they?

I'm pretty sure it copies your drivers license number. I believe the backs of the checks are in the dump too! It may scan additional information but I'm pretty sure the DL # is scanned.

I do recall seeing the back of the checks, yes, and the DL# was there.
This is JMO!
Seems as if the only thing the stores are worried about is catching someone if the check is bad, then.
I wonder if these cashier gals still have a job (I'm assuming they do, since they are testifying on behalf of Target/BOA), or if we need to add them to the "Got suckered by Casey" list...:rolleyes:

The check that she cashed at the bank was written out to Casey A. IIRC. She then forged Amy's signature so it appeared AH wrote out a check to KC for $250, not many tellers would question that, why would they?
Exactly, I could take anyone's check and sign the name that appears on it and I could cash it right now. A teller wouldn't questioned a customer of why the person wrote the check to them.

This is JMO!
Seems as if the only thing the stores are worried about is catching someone if the check is bad, then.
I wonder if these cashier gals still have a job (I'm assuming they do, since they are testifying on behalf of Target/BOA), or if we need to add them to the "Got suckered by Casey" list...:rolleyes:

This is true. When someone writes a check at Target the cashier/rep takes down the info of the ID given to them and scans it through Check Systems (could be called other things) to see if the check is "bad". What is Check Systems-It is a database and if someone writes a bad check anywhere then the bank enters it into this system to "alert" all merchants to be cautious when the check is presented. Usually when an "alert" comes up, the merchant declines taking the check.

This is JMO!

Stores now rely on an electronic system that they run the check through that tells them if bad checks have been written to them before. I forget the name of it but it's a database of sorts. I agree all the stores REALLY worry about is if someone has passed a bad check in the past.

Not to be catty or nasty.. as I worked retail in the past but I would say a good majority of cashiers are 18-24. A lot of these people aren't really concerned with going above and beyond. Their job is to scan, collect payment, bag, and hand the customer a receipt. Anything in the middle is formality, IMO.

I'm questioning the ones at trgt and pblx, that have amy's signature forged, wouldnt kc have to have some amy ID to cash these ?

Stores now rely on an electronic system that they run the check through that tells them if bad checks have been written to them before. I forget the name of it but it's a database of sorts. I agree all the stores REALLY worry about is if someone has passed a bad check in the past.

Not to be catty or nasty.. as I worked retail in the past but I would say a good majority of cashiers are 18-24. A lot of these people aren't really concerned with going above and beyond. Their job is to scan, collect payment, bag, and hand the customer a receipt. Anything in the middle is formality, IMO.

This is how it is in the banking industry, too. It was my job at the bank to run transactions, give money, be nice, and to do this quick. It wasn't my job to play PI and question anything and everything (even though I did in my head). I know at the bank I worked for there were even incentives on the number of transactions I processed to the time I worked. Now, with me if that incentive is anything tangible then I wouldn't be hesitant unless someone didn't have the funds in their account or their account was closed.

I'm questioning the ones at trgt and pblx, that have amy's signature forged, wouldnt kc have to have some amy ID to cash these ?

If they are forged by AH how would anyone know unless they were a personal friend that knew her signature? This is exactly why a lot of business' are getting away with taking checks. They are so risky these days.

The clerk at Target checked her ID for the liquor - the scan or the check is to se if the account is known for bounced checks and if it wasn't it wouldn't be flagged. So what looks like is that the clerk figured she already saw the ID for the beer, the check didn't flag, must all be okay - what she didn't do is check the name on the check to the name on the ID - but then there were no flags so why do it? Thats what the clerk would say - some places make the clerk punch in the DL number when a check is written and that will flag something - looks like Target doesn't have that

The thing is with all these checks, Casey didn't look nervous, looked like she'd been doing this all alont - THAT is the scary thing - she was so used to ripping people off she looked absolutely normal

can you imagine standing in line with all your stuff and, writing a check from someone elses account and signing your own name, I've looked at the video a hundred times, she's not even nervous..... Sorry back to the facts do you think that she had an ID made with her pix and amy's information ? go to dmv, lost my license, heres my birth cert, give me new one, thanks hunny ?

This is true. When someone writes a check at Target the cashier/rep takes down the info of the ID given to them and scans it through Check Systems (could be called other things) to see if the check is "bad". What is Check Systems-It is a database and if someone writes a bad check anywhere then the bank enters it into this system to "alert" all merchants to be cautious when the check is presented. Usually when an "alert" comes up, the merchant declines taking the check.

I rarely write checks anymore, so thanks for this.
Funny thing is, if they don't look at the ID and match it with the check, their scanning isn't going to do a whole lot of good! :rolleyes:

MDMOMMY, I have to agree with the last sentence of your post. It's APPARENT that this is what happened in this case, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back