Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there my theory wasn't that far fetched and at least it stopped people from obsessing about the phone or what Hawkins said Which by the way how the hell did you get kiddy *advertiser censored* out of Hawkins statement. Obviously watch too much SVU:floorlaugh:

LOL! Um...I'm assuming this is supposed to be associated with someone else's post because I certainly didn't say anything about "kiddy *advertiser censored*".

Has anybody got any knowledge of the persons who advanced the $300 000 or so to GBC towards the business. Would it be a possibilty that an ex colleague of GBC, who also is helpful with police interviews could have lent money towards the business ? I mean this person used to have an interest in property worth $700K

There are 2 separate things I've read here - there were references for both but I don't have them handy, but I'll just put the info out here so maybe someone else can come up with the links.

Consider these unsubstantiated 'til links found:

(1) two business partners - colleagues from C21 who left the business the same day.

(2) BC senior house mortgaged to the tune of 300k

Gerard Baden-Clay behaved unusually during the search for his wife - That isn't a fact, it's opinion

I would stand by this being close enough to fact considering initial police interest in him, and compared to what people have seen of his public persona ... pretend extrovert, marketeer, loving family man. The weird self-absorbed interview, the engaging legal representation, no plea for public help, distance from Allison's parents. And this was reported in media, technically, kind of :
(Madonna King, Courier Mail, - http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6frerdf-1226347438707 - pointed out his behaviour was unorthodox) :
"But I just can't understand why he didn't rush to search for her with police and locals, and why he didn't join her parents in the public police calls for assistance in finding her. I called his lawyer on Thursday, desperate to find an answer.".... "Why didn't you help police search for Mummy? Why didn't you join Grandpa and Nanna at the police press conference and plead for her to come home to us" / "

GBC had a scratch on his face - Link? I have only seen innuendo about tis.
Not sure if we trust this link but :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lping-police-wife-Allisons-disappearance.html - "Supt Ainsworth said Mr Baden-Clay was staying with his parents and had provided 'a version of events to police in relation to specific matters' relating to a scratch he had on his face."

Neighbours overheard a disturbance in Allison's home on the night she disappeared - Link? Disturbance was heard 4kms away?

http://www.news.com.au/national/sea...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767 - "Neighbours reported hearing what sounded like arguing from the family home on Brookfield Rd at Brookfield not long before she disappeared about 10pm on Thursday, April 19"

There is no mention Allison was wearing running shoes, or any mention that's what GBC said she was wearing at 10pm - Yes there is...the initial reports by QPS said she was wearing white sneakers.

Nice one, thanks. :)

Has anybody got any knowledge of the persons who advanced the $300 000 or so to GBC towards the business. Would it be a possibilty that an ex colleague of GBC, who also is helpful with police interviews could have lent money towards the business ? I mean this person used to have an interest in property worth $700K

I thought it was the alledged mistress/business partner who bouight the 300.000 to the business but now you mention it I remember reading somewhere else a quote from the x business partner who invested $300 000 but it just didn't work

Thank you keyboredom, that just about sums it up, I am saving this so that I remember what is fact and what is supposition.:)

I printed it out when first posted ,very useful post thanks Keyboredom

There is mention earlier on in the threads (unsure which one) that the $300k was a loan from the Baden-Clay seniors. There is a statement that the loan happened the same day two 'employees' departed the business. Allegedly there is a $300k mortgage on their home. Wish I could clarify further for you but this was explored extensively some time ago.

Cheers!:fence:

Hey Hillsdon

Do me a favour - back on page 14 of this thread (post 341 I think) you quoted me but the quote is actually not mine but that of another poster.
Could you go in and edit that to represent what I said thanks. I did pm you but you might not have seen it yet. Sorry but it reads like I am saying something that someone else said!

Cheers

That seems to be happening in alot of posts today. I went to do the quote thing and it came up as the top posts name instead... and i noticed it was happening in alot of other peoples posts too. I knew it wasn't them who said it because the post was just above it. Maybe something the mods can fix? I thought it was happening to too many to be a user error.

If you read 543's first post I think he/she must have very good knowledge of the local area actually.

I must admit 543's theory did trigger some suspicions in me, and I'm not a conspiracy theory kind of gal. 543 says they're not local but their knowledge of the streets was like a local. But claimed to live overseas. Also the level of specific detail in the theory struck me as odd. Also the insistence on GBC's innocence. IMHO just saying... Bit suss to me...

Hey Hillsdon

Do me a favour - back on page 14 of this thread (post 341 I think) you quoted me but the quote is actually not mine but that of another poster.
Could you go in and edit that to represent what I said thanks. I did pm you but you might not have seen it yet. Sorry but it reads like I am saying something that someone else said!

Cheers

That's happened a few times today glad it was not just me

Because every night they come back to the same point about how the police are on the wrong track, etc. It's infuriating. I've put them on my ignore list, however other peoples quoted replies still come thru.

I empathize. Generally I just read it and move on. I just don't like the vibe to the reaction to the member concerned. Sometimes we all get a bee in our bonnet. I honestly don't know what to think about the case anymore. I keep going back to the facts (QP...I even think twice about what the media says). The facts are, at the moment we don't know who did it and we don't know how complex it is (or isn't). I keep thinking back to the Azaria Chamberlain case and the eventual outcome of that. All I can do is look at the facts. Logic points at GBC but does the evidence (and when I say "evidence" I mean what has been released by the police). I honestly have to say I don't think that it does. IMO.

I did use a 'wild theory' disclaimer ... and 543 comes up in google as a house to rent, apparently.

It doesn't sorry - there is a reference but it pointing to :

For Rent House 543 Brookfield Road Kedron Qld 4031 Australia ...

Kedron isn't Brookfield:
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=u...code_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQ8gEwAA

Sleuthing is good - wild stabs in dark not so good :waitasec: (sorry, not meaning to be rude - just pointing out how the forum gets completely off track with no factual basis)

I agree I don't think the phone rules anyone out of the investigation especially GBC. For all we know it could have ben left on to draw people somewhere, or thrown in anger by ABC herself. While it would be useful to find to suggest it alone will prove GBC is innocent is clutching at straws.

Well I personally feel it is a fork of a tree in the area around 150m from house...fluke throw IMO. Bring out the Gum Tree Squad...K.bears haha to sit on it and dislodge it to the ground finally :please:

With all due respect rhb, I quoted a 543's message and pointed out that it didn't make sense. I apologised to her when I read her reply to me. I wasn't trying to be nasty to her. I have also sent her a private message apologising but she has not bothered to reply and continues to be antogonistic here. I'm putting a block on her so that I don't have to read any more of her crap!

Ok, so I have about 3 pages to catch up on but...

I'd answer for 543 and say that the reason they're coming across like this is because ever since they expressed their differing theories/opinions everyone kinda jumped on them and haven't been really that kind about it.

I don't necessarily subscribe to 543's theories on the matter but I'd like to say that the theory they present is, to a great extent, as likely as any other at the moment given the *facts* that we have on this case. Just because we don't agree with them doesn't mean that they don't have the right to express their theories.

The general tone of all these threads is GBC did it. I certainly sway this way. HOWEVER how do we know that he did it? I've read (in this forum) of theories that suggest a possible involvement--he was an accessory but not the actual one who committed the crime. Sure, we all shrug and go "nah, no way" but why? I know that it's weird he "lawyered up" but perhaps that's because he was involved in a dodgy dealing that would result in his wife being kidnapped and murdered. All right, I think that's probably more prime-time viewing than reality HOWEVER it's a possibility given the facts we have.

The majority here thing GBC is guilty based on analysis of the one "interview" he did (and even I think there's something *very* wrong about how he conducts himself there) and other observations of photos and that BUT the reality is we have very little to work with. The majority of everything written here is pure speculation.

My point: I don't think 543 deserves the treatment he/she receives. It's a theory and so what should be done is shoot it down with *fact* or if that can't be done respectfully disagree.

Occam's razor usually wins out but it doesn't always. Just saying...and expect to receive flack for saying this but it's been bugging me for a couple of days so...yeah...I'm happy to go out on the limb. :)

Oh, IMO, MOO and all that jazz.

This is a bit OT but we had a murder in NZ where the husband killed his wife and child. Here is utube vid of him outside the church after the funeral. The funny thing is the way he acted convinced most of the country he was guilty. I was scared GBC was going to act similarily thank goodness he didn't.
Incidentally this guys cell phone was used in evidence against him, not the conversations but which cell tower they pinged from.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfX1TD9xSfI"]Mark Lundy - Double Murderer (New Zealand, 2010) - YouTube[/ame]

Yes it makes me angry when I see his pathetic interview, I feel sad for Alison's family, I'm sure they have had no more info from him than what the dad said, what was it "he said she went for a walk"
He should have been before the cameras begging for help from the public to find his loved wife. I'm sure the police would have asked him to do so. No excuse whatsoever letting her parents have to do it.
IMO always

I know, only a pathetic man would do that.

There are 2 separate things I've read here - there were references for both but I don't have them handy, but I'll just put the info out here so maybe someone else can come up with the links.

Consider these unsubstantiated 'til links found:

(1) two business partners - colleagues from C21 who left the business the same day.

(2) BC senior house mortgaged to the tune of 300k

Only asked that because I was thinking on the possibility that another person may have chipped in some cash towards that venture... I have no idea really just posing that question , but based on the fact that they used to have assets but to my knowledge do not have property curreently in Qld. Back soon literally picking up my kids at local scout den.

Hey Hillsdon

Thanks for making the change to the post and sorting the quote out!

Cheers

The problem with the quoting today seems to happen more when the person is quoting someone who had quoted someone else in their message. Then, instead of the persons name coming up, it's the previous posters name instead. Maybe the mods can fix it?

http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/ASIC.NSF/byHeadline/Search_business_names
I can't be sure, and I have no idea how to locate it, but I recall seeing it here, that GBC's parents may have been the lenders?

If someone does a full company search of on the ASIC website http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/ASIC.NSF/byHeadline/Search_business_names:

Name: BADEN-CLAY REAL ESTATE PTY LTD
ACN: 110 510 355
Registration date: 13/08/2004
Next review date: 13/08/2012

Company Type: Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
Locality of registered office: Taringa QLD 4068
Regulator: Australian Securities & Investments Commission

You can also get information about whether there are any charges over the company (which there are back on 22 August 2011) and also history of the company etc.

22/08/2011 7E3896322
Notification of Details of a Charge (309A)
$35.00

$53.00
24/02/2011 1E7197259
Change to Company Details Change of Registered Address (484B)
$18.00

$36.00
4/02/2011 1E7145357
Change to Company Details Change of Principal Place Of Business (Address) (484C)
$18.00

$36.00

WHO WANTS TO SLEUTH THIS WITH THEIR CREDIT CARD FOR DETAILS?

I would stand by this being close enough to fact considering initial police interest in him, and compared to what people have seen of his public persona ... pretend extrovert, marketeer, loving family man. The weird self-absorbed interview, the engaging legal representation, no plea for public help, distance from Allison's parents. And this was reported in media, technically, kind of :
(Madonna King, Courier Mail, - http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6frerdf-1226347438707 - pointed out his behaviour was unorthodox) :
"But I just can't understand why he didn't rush to search for her with police and locals, and why he didn't join her parents in the public police calls for assistance in finding her. I called his lawyer on Thursday, desperate to find an answer.".... "Why didn't you help police search for Mummy? Why didn't you join Grandpa and Nanna at the police press conference and plead for her to come home to us" / "

Not sure if we trust this link but :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lping-police-wife-Allisons-disappearance.html - "Supt Ainsworth said Mr Baden-Clay was staying with his parents and had provided 'a version of events to police in relation to specific matters' relating to a scratch he had on his face."

http://www.news.com.au/national/sea...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767 - "Neighbours reported hearing what sounded like arguing from the family home on Brookfield Rd at Brookfield not long before she disappeared about 10pm on Thursday, April 19"

Nice one, thanks. :)

THANKS! for refs on these key points - nice to have them all in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth