LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
No - the camps are on the shore. You can see them from the water. He would have passed a bunch of them on the left - until passing the last one, so as not to be seen dumping something overboard. Does that clarification help?

Chicken, the only problem that I can see is, that he would have had to have a boat available to him, in the early morning hours, hitch it up, with the bike and Mickey still inside his truck, then drive out there. I just can't see him doing that.

If he dumped the bike too close to the left bank - not right in the center.... that where my drift theory applies. I bet if they tested it, with one inflated tire that bike might drift farther than they think before finally coming to rest. By the way, the handgrips thing, I have no idea about. None. It could be that a fisherman tried to pull the bike up and the grips came off. No idea on that.

I just sent my dad a text and asked him to check out whiskey bay on his drive home from work this afternoon. (He works in Baton Rouge and drives the Basin Bridge M-F). Maybe he could see if they are out there today.

Oh my....as if white trucks weren't enough, we now have boats to consider.

No - the camps are on the shore. You can see them from the water. He would have passed a bunch of them on the left - until passing the last one, so as not to be seen dumping something overboard. Does that clarification help?
Possibility the perp has a camp and/or lives out there.

Chicken, the only problem that I can see is, that he would have had to have a boat available to him, in the early morning hours, hitch it up, with the bike and Mickey still inside his truck, then drive out there. I just can't see him doing that.

Why did it have to be morning? Could have been any time in the next couple days. Nothing LE says proves to me this was done 4 hours after the snatch.

If he dumped the bike too close to the left bank - not right in the center.... that where my drift theory applies. I bet if they tested it, with one inflated tire that bike might drift farther than they think before finally coming to rest. By the way, the handgrips thing, I have no idea about. None. It could be that a fisherman tried to pull the bike up and the grips came off. No idea on that.

I still think the perp walked or rode the bike and thought the grips would retain prints or something. I think the perp removed them.

Or....Mickey wouldn't let go of them and they came off in her hands.

I thought this too - then ran it by friends at dinner last night who are from the area and they cackled at me. Everyone's got access to a boat - apparently its like asking if they own a gun...you get a 'duh' response. That certainly rules out any transient type and also means its a local with access but not a local with enough knowledge to drop it somewhere better.

Yeah - local media here got a little confused about it as well the first couple of days. Now its been ruled out, promise! The 3rd image doesnt have the Z71 decal because it ISNT a Z71 - its a different truck with a bed cover and chrome accessories and has been ruled out. Probably 5 of the 16 threads here earlier were discussing only the trucks haha

Thanks for the clarification. Yea, local news had me confused.

Just looked a lot of the camps on the stretch of water have private launches. Find a deserted camp and it's easy. Usually only about 10% of camps are occupied at any one time, I'd estimate,

Why did it have to be morning? Could have been any time in the next couple days. Nothing LE says proves to me this was done 4 hours after the snatch.

So, you think this perp held Mickey's body for a few days? No way, no way in hello, unless she was only injured, and he took her home and she died. Face it, what would you do. You have either an injured girl or deceased one, and you're going to take her home?

I still think the perp walked or rode the bike and thought the grips would retain prints or something. I think the perp removed them.

But if the perp removed them, what are the chances they were found right by the bike, if it drifted.

If the perp removed them, that shoots down my whole theory.

LE believes the bicycle was put there on the morning Mickey disappeared. They also collected other undisclosed items at the scene and also observed tire marks.

It sounds like a rushed job by the Unsub. If you were local and had a boat and a bit of time wouldn't you take the bike apart and cut it into smaller pieces with a hacksaw and deposit those pieces here and there along the waterways?

That is a good point about cutting up the bike before disposing of it. If he has a boat, he has some good tools. Unless panic and poor thinking overwhelmed reason.

Nonetheless, good point.

That's why I suggested the possibility the perp may have a camp/house out there ... boat would be readily available.

So, you think this perp held Mickey's body for a few days? No way, no way in hello, unless she was only injured, and he took her home and she died. Face it, what would you do. You have either an injured girl or deceased one, and you're going to take her home?

I don't think the idea of him taking her somewhere is completely dismiss-able.

Especially if taking her was the original intent.

I stash her and the bike somewhere that night - go home to think, and deal with it the next day. Plently of places to temporarily stash something down here.

That's why I suggested the possibility the perp may have a camp/house out there ... boat would be readily available.

That's about the only way it could happen because he wouldn't have left her, not knowing that she wouldn't wake up and tell, and we know that he didn't just leave her on the roadway. And honestly, why wouldn't he if this was just a hit and run? Why not just leave her where she fell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth