TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting resonses to my theory. It seems some of you thought I was suggesting Holly had run away and her family was helping her. That was not at all what I meant.

Whisperer, Per grandmother, in love and talking marriage, spending every night together for the last yr...
and not one word of concern from this guy for over a yr. for the love of his life who's missing....Hmmmmm!...
and yet, it was so urgent/important to make so many calls about turkey hunting the morning H. went missing...Hmmmm!..imo

Yep! No sign of Drew. Perhaps he is missing also.

Ok, I officially believe this family is whacko and if Holly found a means to get away from them, more power to her.

We know Drew was hunting turkeys (according to Karen) and we know Clint saw somebody in full turkey gear talkiing to his sister. How hard is this?

Are we all going to assume a stranger appeared on her property wearing Turkey Camo and just happened to talk Holly for a car ride?

I would like to talk to Karen and Drew...they both should make a public appearance. Wouldn't that be interesting? My instincts tell me Karen is covering for somebody. Whether it is Clint, Drew or Dana, I don't know.

.....about the scream? Who heard it? If it was the male neighbor, why didn't he go over and check it out? Why call his mother, FGS? A grown man calling his mother. Clint calling his mommy. WTH?

....my other question is how in the world did a few hundred people get notified that Hollly was missing and all make it over to her property? Clint, meantime, is worried they are going to ruin the crime scene. What is Clint doing? He is sitting in his vehicle writing his narrative, not chasing a car or trying to head off the perp but writing in his car. If I am wrong about this crazy family just put me back on the turnip truck.

This case makes my head hurt. I no longer have any guesses as to what happened, all I know is it stinks!
I will be peeved if it turned out that Holly had just run away. (although at least that would mean she's alive) I don't believe that though, but who knows.

Interesting resonses to my theory. It seems some of you thought I was suggesting Holly had run away and her family was helping her. That was not at all what I meant.

I don't think her family is helping her. I do think they are covering for her to keep the community from knowing. The family may not of known immediately, but I believe they did when the phone was recovered and the searches stopped. As far as who put it there, perhaps it was someone that Holly was known to have a romantic interest in due to evidence gathered since the beginning of the investigation. Things like texts, phone calls and her computer could have revealed that. When I think about it, things like Hollys blood is easily explained by her nursing classes. How hard would it have been for her to stick herself and draw a little blood? And I agree with Whisperer on the scream, there may have been one, but Clint didn't hear it. I'm only thinking along this line because the abduction doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't seem LE has made any progress and seems to have shut down since the phone or whatever was found due to a tip. I can also see that who placed the cell phone/evidence could of caused the investigation to shut down also. Thats an excellent idea and is an angle that needs exploring also IMO. JMO

Why would there be blood and a scream if Holly was simply "eloping"
Wouldn't she want to get away as quickly and quietly as possible and have her absence not even be noted by her family until much later in the day?

I do not believe this at all, but that is JMO.

I do think it is possible her mother believed something like this, at least for a time, or wanted to believe it.

Well she is a nurse and could of withdrew a little blood and squirted on the carport or wherever it was found. As for the scream, Clint didn't hear it. If Holly screamed further from her home and the neighbor heard it, wouldn't she have been too far away from home, at that point, for Clint to see her walk into the woods with her abductor? I think between the time of the scream and Clint seeing her go into the woods and the reported 911 calls means the perp spent like 15-20 minutes at the home. That doesn't sound like something an abductor would do IMO.

The screams occurred early on in the "incident" not towards the end (I had thought that at first). So its unlikely the suspect took Holly away, she screamed, then they came back to the house where Clint saw them some time after the screams. For whatever reason it is likely Holly screamed out behind the house when she was accosted and Clint (for whatever reason) did not hear it per se although it could have woken him up or contributed to him waking up.

I find the theory of a girl deliberately drawing blood and dribbling it around, screaming, dropping a soda can AND BEING SEEN WALKING OFF WITH A STRANGER to be an odd way to "disappear". And aside from Topix speculation and unfounded rumors there is zero evidence that Holly had any reason to "disappear" or any inclination to. And, again, if Holly voluntarily "disappeared" that does not explain various evidence (unnamed) collected in locations in the area like on the highway in front of Holly's school. There was also that piece of duct tape with blonde hair found on it that was never clarified. If she did disappear, who did she disappear with/to? Since it seems unlikely that any of her friends and family know where she went or went with. I don't see the family hiding or covering this up by quitting their job, dropping out of school, and spending a year looking for Holly if they knew this was a fake abduction. I would assume also that law enforcement would look into things like Holly's bank account (no activity?), log ins to sites like Facebook etc. It seems unlikely that she would leave with just the clothes on her back, leaving her prized car, money, clothes, everything, and then remain totally invisible for over a year.

Most planned disappearances like the Runaway Bride etc. fall apart pretty quick once the cops and FBI get involved. I can't think of any/many that are really successful.

Yep! No sign of Drew. Perhaps he is missing also.

Ok, I officially believe this family is whacko and if Holly found a means to get away from them, more power to her.

We know Drew was hunting turkeys (according to Karen) and we know Clint saw somebody in full turkey gear talkiing to his sister. How hard is this?

Are we all going to assume a stranger appeared on her property wearing Turkey Camo and just happened to talk Holly for a car ride?

I would like to talk to Karen and Drew...they both should make a public appearance. Wouldn't that be interesting? My instincts tell me Karen is covering for somebody. Whether it is Clint, Drew or Dana, I don't know.

JMO + only speculation follows

At this point, this is where I am at as well (highlighted above). Because based on the statements in the Jackson article where there was some sort of "disagreement" over hunting rights, I am leaning towards a theory that goes something like this.......

The first part of the theory is based on a rumor only. The rumor was that supposedly there was a breakup 3 days prior. That rumor is so critical in this theory because, if that rumor was true, then imagine the pain that he had with the breakup. Remember, it was stated they were together every night. So, to me, if that rumor is true, then I am thinking it was being taken very hard, like a total life disaster, like nothing else in the world matters now.

So, back to the theory (assuming rumor is true). I am thinking he arrived to hunt, and when he got confronted, he automatically thought that Holly had called over to the Grams house to purposely not allow him to hunt anymore (after the rumored breakup). Even if Holly never did this, it wouldn't matter, because he would have thought she was behind it. The "flurry of calls" was somebody beginning to freak out about this situation. The article is never clear that he got to hunt that morning, so I am assuming he immediately left and maybe had gone back to confront her and maybe even with the hope of getting back together. But, things went terribly wrong, and there was a skirmish, and maybe she accidentally hit her head on the concrete. I am thinking its possible he even offered her a ride to the hospital, but perhaps she passed away on the way, and then he really freaked out.

There was even a recent incident nearby there where a pastor punched someone, and the person fell and hit their head and died, so people can die by hitting their head on the concrete, as that does happen. This situation may have only been a skirmish and maybe she slipped + fell trying to get away from him or something along those lines.

If something like this occurred, and maybe the person even went to talk with Karen after the fact and admitted to everything and was deeply sorry for what occurred, so then a coverup-of sorts began because they care deeply for him as well, and dont want him getting into any trouble.

I realize this is all speculation, but I could see something like this occurring. His absolute total non-appearance in any interviews or statements just makes no sense to me, except to give more ammunition to this theory.

The screams occurred early on in the "incident" not towards the end (I had thought that at first). So its unlikely the suspect took Holly away, she screamed, then they came back to the house where Clint saw them some time after the screams. For whatever reason it is likely Holly screamed out behind the house when she was accosted and Clint (for whatever reason) did not hear it per se although it could have woken him up or contributed to him waking up.

I find the theory of a girl deliberately drawing blood and dribbling it around, screaming, dropping a soda can AND BEING SEEN WALKING OFF WITH A STRANGER to be an odd way to "disappear". And aside from Topix speculation and unfounded rumors there is zero evidence that Holly had any reason to "disappear" or any inclination to. And, again, if Holly voluntarily "disappeared" that does not explain various evidence (unnamed) collected in locations in the area like on the highway in front of Holly's school. There was also that piece of duct tape with blonde hair found on it that was never clarified. If she did disappear, who did she disappear with/to? Since it seems unlikely that any of her friends and family know where she went or went with. I don't see the family hiding or covering this up by quitting their job, dropping out of school, and spending a year looking for Holly if they knew this was a fake abduction. I would assume also that law enforcement would look into things like Holly's bank account (no activity?), log ins to sites like Facebook etc. It seems unlikely that she would leave with just the clothes on her back, leaving her prized car, money, clothes, everything, and then remain totally invisible for over a year.

Most planned disappearances like the Runaway Bride etc. fall apart pretty quick once the cops and FBI get involved. I can't think of any/many that are really successful.

Thats true that many aren't successful. Its just right now I'm not so sure she didn't disappear on her own, even though it's hard for me to imagine. As far as blood, spilled soda and blonde hair on duct tape, I can imagine going to those links if one really wanted to disappearand it look like an abduction. The same goes for other evidence found. If it really was an abduction would the perp of allowed Holley to carry her books and lunchbox that she could leave behind as evidence? Or if he allowed her to carry them would he let her drop them to leave a trail? As for her car, she is young, so it may not of been in her name and a car would be very traceable. Money means nothing if you ran off with, or to someone who had plenty of money. And lets face it the girl is gorgeous and may have drawn someones attention that had money. Yeah runaway brides stories fall apart when LE can find them and thats not the case here. Family? I think the mother is just crushed and destroyed. Father and brother I'm unsure of. Dad probably has to work for them to live. The brother given his age and still around home probably just does what his mother says. It is unknown what LE knows about this case and what was going on in Hollys life. What was on her computer or her cell phone records or even the 911 calls have not been released. This is about as deep south as I am and family pride runs very deep. Especially in a small community where generation after generation continued to stay in the same area. I'm sure if there were something that was different from the norm the family, especially the mother would not like it known. A family thats big in the church and the mother knows everyone since she taught school for a lot of years would shut down I think. I say that knowing what my community is like, and would be like if such a scandal got out. First it was an abduction, then she just ran away? I doubt Holly could come home if she wanted to. The ridicule and shunning would never end.

Now do I believe every bit of what I've typed? I'm really not sure, but I do believe its possible given how this case shut down. If she ran away LE has can do nothing as she is of age. All they need is verification and that she did so of her own free will. They may of gotten that on Easter or Mothers day(can't remember which) that Karen was relieved and the organized searches stopped. Is the family covering for her at this point? I would say yes based on the interviews and absence at vigils, gatherings and not demanding media keep Hollys name out there. Wearing t-shirts, praying and releasing pink balloons just doesn't do it for me. KWIM?

I know this was way too long and you folks can give me a hard time for it if you want. I will say though that certain life experiences(that won't be explained):cool: allow me to think such things are possible. It may not of happened this way, but I no longer believe she was abducted without being complicent in some way. And all of the above is JMO

*And I don't read Topix. And after seeing a couple of quotes I'm glad I don't.:hills:

JMO + only speculation follows

At this point, this is where I am at as well (highlighted above). Because based on the statements in the Jackson article where there was some sort of "disagreement" over hunting rights, I am leaning towards a theory that goes something like this.......

The first part of the theory is based on a rumor only. The rumor was that supposedly there was a breakup 3 days prior. That rumor is so critical in this theory because, if that rumor was true, then imagine the pain that he had with the breakup. Remember, it was stated they were together every night. So, to me, if that rumor is true, then I am thinking it was being taken very hard, like a total life disaster, like nothing else in the world matters now.

So, back to the theory (assuming rumor is true). I am thinking he arrived to hunt, and when he got confronted, he automatically thought that Holly had called over to the Grams house to purposely not allow him to hunt anymore (after the rumored breakup). Even if Holly never did this, it wouldn't matter, because he would have thought she was behind it. The "flurry of calls" was somebody beginning to freak out about this situation. The article is never clear that he got to hunt that morning, so I am assuming he immediately left and maybe had gone back to confront her and maybe even with the hope of getting back together. But, things went terribly wrong, and there was a skirmish, and maybe she accidentally hit her head on the concrete. I am thinking its possible he even offered her a ride to the hospital, but perhaps she passed away on the way, and then he really freaked out.

There was even a recent incident nearby there where a pastor punched someone, and the person fell and hit their head and died, so people can die by hitting their head on the concrete, as that does happen. This situation may have only been a skirmish and maybe she slipped + fell trying to get away from him or something along those lines.

If something like this occurred, and maybe the person even went to talk with Karen after the fact and admitted to everything and was deeply sorry for what occurred, so then a coverup-of sorts began because they care deeply for him as well, and dont want him getting into any trouble.

I realize this is all speculation, but I could see something like this occurring. His absolute total non-appearance in any interviews or statements just makes no sense to me, except to give more ammunition to this theory.

This was similar to my thoughts early on. The calls over permission to hunt on the property stuck out to me. My experience with rural/hunting property owners is they are VERY possessive, even among families.
I hadn't heard the initial rumor of a break up so I thought it might have been a relative (uncle, cousin) that came by ticked off that Holly was giving permission to others to hunt on family land. She possibly sassed him, got smacked, drops of blood, he walked her to the woods to calm her down or give her a talking to over respect. During that walk either he became more violent and hurt her or he made her get into the car to go talk to her mom/grandma/whomever over her letting people hunt on what he thinks is rightfully his or is going to be his property. Then, in the vehicle violence escalates.
This could explain Clint calling Mom- "hey mom uncle so and so is over here talking to holly." Mom has talked to him/holly on the phone during the flurry of calls so knows he is pissed and if he is her blood relative knows he is violent. Maybe on the phone during the calls he threatens "if I see her, or I'll teach her a lesson". So when Clint calls she freaks. This could also explain mom and clint's ever changing vague stories and why dad always has his lips pursed shut and won't speak in recent interviews. They don't want to implicate a family member. Iirc, I thought in one of the versions Clint did say he thought the camo man was a relative?
It also could explain why Drew has been invisible. He knows so and so probably took her but doesn't want to put himself in the situation where he will have to lie to the public. And maybe he feels guilty because he was the reason for the possible altercation.
Then searches stop because of the call on Easter. This could have been the relative perp, or grandma, or other relative who tells Karen to zip it.
LE knows a relative was involved but doesn't have proof and, if I gather correctly for all the posters who don't think highly of the tenn LE, LE thinks "hey, this is a family matter, we'll back off then.".
Whew. If you read all that you are dedicated to this case ;). Of course this is MOO and only explains some of the crazy behavior of the family.

Ps First photo of Drew, tmk, since December,was posted on fb Friday. (On big bro's fb page.)

Clarification- I don't know anything about the relatives or even who was upset about the use of the property. This was just a scenario revolving around the property use calls.

The family kept raising money (lots) but hardly any appearances for the media. The few they did was closely monitored by the Pastor/Sheriff who describes himself as a Spokesperson. This family behaves like they have legal counsel..MO.

The trouble with creating detailed, complicated theories based on unsubstantiated rumors is that they tend to contradict common sense and the few known details in the case.

This was similar to my thoughts early on. The calls over permission to hunt on the property stuck out to me. My experience with rural/hunting property owners is they are VERY possessive, even among families.
I hadn't heard the initial rumor of a break up so I thought it might have been a relative (uncle, cousin) that came by ticked off that Holly was giving permission to others to hunt on family land. She possibly sassed him, got smacked, drops of blood, he walked her to the woods to calm her down or give her a talking to over respect. During that walk either he became more violent and hurt her or he made her get into the car to go talk to her mom/grandma/whomever over her letting people hunt on what he thinks is rightfully his or is going to be his property. Then, in the vehicle violence escalates.
This could explain Clint calling Mom- "hey mom uncle so and so is over here talking to holly." Mom has talked to him/holly on the phone during the flurry of calls so knows he is pissed and if he is her blood relative knows he is violent. Maybe on the phone during the calls he threatens "if I see her, or I'll teach her a lesson". So when Clint calls she freaks. This could also explain mom and clint's ever changing vague stories and why dad always has his lips pursed shut and won't speak in recent interviews. They don't want to implicate a family member. Iirc, I thought in one of the versions Clint did say he thought the camo man was a relative?
It also could explain why Drew has been invisible. He knows so and so probably took her but doesn't want to put himself in the situation where he will have to lie to the public. And maybe he feels guilty because he was the reason for the possible altercation.
Then searches stop because of the call on Easter. This could have been the relative perp, or grandma, or other relative who tells Karen to zip it.
LE knows a relative was involved but doesn't have proof and, if I gather correctly for all the posters who don't think highly of the tenn LE, LE thinks "hey, this is a family matter, we'll back off then.".
Whew. If you read all that you are dedicated to this case ;). Of course this is MOO and only explains some of the crazy behavior of the family.

Ps First photo of Drew, tmk, since December,was posted on fb Friday. (On big bro's fb page.)

Clarification- I don't know anything about the relatives or even who was upset about the use of the property. This was just a scenario revolving around the property use calls.

I appreciate this feedback, as I had not considered a possible upset relative before now. I agree it is possible, and this is basically a close "tangent theory" along the same lines of the one I had, so thanks a bunch for the feedback.

And you are correct, that one of the most recent interviews had C changing his story again to now saying it may have been a "cousin" he saw. That was in some fairly recent interview, but do not remember where it can be referenced.

The quietness + "hush hush" the first few months sure leads one to think they just wanted this to go away, so some form of this theory is definitely possible IMO. Thanks again.

I feel like :seeya: hey family-we are here and desperate for news and info about Holly...how can we help?

But I don't think anyone would answer...

IMO they don't want any help they want this to go away. If my child were missing nothing on Gods green earth, not cops, FBI, CIA or the President could make me keep my mouth shut. I would be screaming from the roof tops:banghead:

The trouble with creating detailed, complicated theories based on unsubstantiated rumors is that they tend to contradict common sense and the few known details in the case.

You are absolutely correct. In this case though the only details I have seen released are a lunchbox and the Clint thought he saw his sister being led by her boyfriend into the woods. Then proceeded to put 4 to 6 inches on him and a good 40 to 50 pounds on him in his description. We also have the blood confirmed as Hollys by her father. Everything other than that, to me, is unsubstantiated rumor. I don't believe I posted any unsubstantiated rumor. I am only constructing a way Holly could disappear if she wanted to. Doesn't mean she did. Of course this is aided by how the case has been handled and all the hush hush around it. Above all I believe the case contradicts common sense. That applies to what details we have also. My first reaction was this was a hoax of some sort and after tossing it around for a year, I'm back to hoax. Or a very elaborate kidnapping that has left everyone puzzled, and done in such a way that its almost unbelievable. JMO

Excellent point! In fact I'd like to copy it and post on some of the other cases I follow where this very thing is taking place!

Just follow the story about the Darden Pastor who cold-c*cked the father of the bride. You will see how LE works in the Deep South. Pastors and Sheriffs are tight. They keep their communities run the way they want them to run. I bet the church/pastor receives and handles some of the monies collected from this case....and there was a lot of it.

This case reeks of a cover-up. Any LE in the country would be able to figure out this case when they arrive within 10 minutes of a crime and there is an eye witness. Are you kidding me?

Just follow the story about the Darden Pastor who cold-c*cked the father of the bride. You will see how LE works in the Deep South. Pastors and Sheriffs are tight. They keep their communities run the way they want them to run. I bet the church/pastor receives and handles some of the monies collected from this case....and there was a lot of it.

This case reeks of a cover-up. Any LE in the country would be able to figure out this case when they arrive within 10 minutes of a crime and there is an eye witness. Are you kidding me?

Exactly. I don't know what it is for sure, hoax, professional job, cover up, run away or a kidnapping that has had confusing info thrown in on purpose, to deliberately keep the case from being solved. I see my scenario for Holly leaving on her own, without it being known and presented as a kidnapping is not everyones cup of tea. Thats ok, time will tell. However people have disappeared on their own, for their own reasons before. Usually they are found, but sometimes its years later and by accident. It just seems to me that at this point all the possibles and impossibles have been eliminated by LE enforcement as they hold all the cards. As the old saying goes whatever is left, no matter how improbable must be the truth. Or in this case may be the truth. JMO

. . .However people have disappeared on their own,
for their own reasons before. Usually they are found, but sometimes its years later. . .
I agree that it does sometimes happen that way and I also believe that this
possibility along with the other possibilities should be considered
until such time as evidence rules it out completely.

I have made a point of paying attention to adult runaway cases and have
come to watch for certain factors to be present. Unfortunately this
case has so little real background released about the missing person
that it has not been possible for me to make any such determination.

For the moment I tend to lean towards her being the victim of a crime
because that is where the little evidence that has been released
seems to point.
Still, I will certainly not sneer at other possibilities and will keep an open
mind to other possibilities so long as evidence permits.

The thing is, going by what has been put out by the FBI, TBI, local LE and the family we know:

Holly was in school, doing well. No known issues or problems
Holly was active in her church and community. Well known. Seemingly well liked.
Holly was in a long time relationship with her BF. No known issues and one of the few quotes from non family members confirms this.
No evidence of any sort of family issues (abuse, etc). Everyone seemed happy. The family did things together as a group.
No known motive for Holly to just vanish. Also would she leave her car, clothes, money etc.? I doubt it.
Law Enforcement reacted to this as an abduction. I doubt that if this was a hoax they would have maintained that status for over a year.
Screams, blood, a suspect being spotted, various evidence being found (and a lot not disclosed) does not indicate a run away, etc. Nor does the initial description of the case as a home invasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member