GUILTY WI - Julie Jensen, 40, dies of antifreeze poisoning, Pleasant Prairie, 3 Dec 1998 *husband guilty*

Awww, she had two boys. :( Do you know if they stayed loyal to their father? Did they remain with him all this time? (I haven't read much yet!)

Yes they are with the dad and now step mom. The oldest is expected to tesitify, I am told. Then Mark and the new wife now have another son together.

She sounded like a grounded person that wouldn't suddenly just kill herself, especially that way, when she had all that going for her.

More and more I notice these women that are killed by their husbands are strong, intelligent and active women. I can't help but wonder if that type doesn't attact a certain type that admires that in the beginning of their relationship, but can't handle it years later.

Does anyone know what their son will be testifying to? Seems like if he's been with his dad and his family all this time that it won't be for his mom....

Is this trial still going on? I think that this is going to show us what to expect if the State Of Illinois gets Drew Peterson to trial..due to the evidence they have in this case..a letter she wrote and left with her neighbor that if she died Mark did it...same as Kathleen and Stacy had written and told people about Drew Peterson.

Now that Bobby Cutt's case is basically over, I hope to catch more of this on TruTV or whatever it's called. Is trial coverage available online too?

Don't know Taximom. I watched it on TruTv which is the new name for the old courttv. I hace DirectTv, I think on there it is channel 246.

I think this trial is going to have the closing arguments on Monday. I've been watching it most every day. Very interesting and tragic. I believe Mark is guilty.

Hello Gang,

Just saw this thread. I also believe the deviant Mark Jensen is guilty.

I have been watching the trial on www.cnn.com/crime, click the In Session bit for the trial or try www.cnn.com/live.

The jury is deliberating, today was the 2nd day.

I hope that those on the jury are capable of following sound reason and rationale. If they are, there is no doubt as to this being a murder. You have to play mind games with yourself to try to talk yourself into any other conclusion.

I hope that Julie and her family finally get justice.

I hope to God that this jury doesn't fail the truth.

Wrinkles

I can't hardly stand to look at Mark Jensen. He is such a creep and his eyes constantly shift back and forth. Since he has been in jail I wonder if he ever wonders what ole Kelly is up to:eek: Wonder if he ever questions the boys about her being gone or anything! He knows her background and she wasn't one to let any grass grow under her feet. Maybe she sends him drawings of her latest conquests...width..length..:eek:

I hope the jury is back in by Friday. I also hope that they use their common sense and see this creep for what he is. He tried to drive Julie crazy but that didn't work so he decided that she had to die. I can't stand to listen to his attorney when they re-run closing arguments...he sounds like he is whining.

The Pros did a great job of pulling this whole case together step by step. Kind of like the Pros in Scott Peterson's trial did. I just pray that this creep doesn't get away with murder. He thinks he is so smart. They show clips of different parts of the trial and in one clip Mark Jensen winks at someone! Probably at the camera...puke. He is one twisted loser. I can't imagine any man having all of those details about his girlfriend's previous lovers. Drawings of penis'....asking "is mine bigger then his?!" Sounds like he had pages full!

I only saw some of the trial and the closing arguments.

I think Mark Jenson is guilty, too.

I agree with the prosecutor that a mother wouldn't take her own life and set her children up to be without a father also.

Verdict In Guilty

Intentional homicide in the first degree.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Watching www.cnn.com/live, the in session link. Make sure to accept the cookies!

Judge is dismissing the jury at 2:58pm PST

Oh my gosh...I almost missed this. I've been gone. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I would love to have seen the look on Mark Jensen's face with that verdict came in!!!! This is wonderful. Justice for Julie...thank you God :D

I watched almost the whole trial and missed the verdict today. Maybe they'll show it again Monday. I'm glad it's over and Julie has justice.

Hello Bobbisangel,

It is 10:26PM PST. If you go to http://www.cnn.com/CRIME/ there is the news of him being noted as guilty. In the upper right corner there are a number of film clips. One of those shows his face as he hears the verdict read. You can also click the clip of some of the jurors talking, as well as the clip of the prosecutor talking at the press conference.

I am so happy that reasonable jurors were selected and that they worked to come to the truth, one that so many of us saw alongside Julie's family members, the prosecutors and Julie's friends.

All it would have taken was one unreasonable person suckered/confused by the defense to make this a mistrial. I am SO THANKFUL that didn't happen. It is about time that guy goes away and starts paying the penalty.

Tomorrow they will decide when he can come up for parole and I hope it isn't for many many years. I hope that they are televising the tailend of this trial, as I would like to see it. I will be checking in at http://www.cnn.com/live/ to see if it will be In Session, my guess that would be at about 8:30AM or 9:00AM their time.

I am glad that there are a few of us here that watched this and we got to see the truthful verdict come in. I am comforted that Julie's family got the verdict that they needed to hear.

Wrinkles

I have been watching this trial on TruTv. I am so-o-o-o-o glad this jury convicted him!

Now he will get to examine the size and girth of his own penis for the rest of his life.

The new wife is quite the "gal" isn't she? According to TruTv reporters she has not even attended the trial, other than the days she was a witness.
Undoubtedly she will or has wasted no time in finding her next penis - ummm, boyfriend/husband.

What will happen to Julie's children now, I wonder? Unless she legally adopted them during her marriage to Mark, new wife has no right to keep them?

... I can't imagine any man having all of those details about his girlfriend's previous lovers. Drawings of penis'....asking "is mine bigger then his?!" Sounds like he had pages full!

What??!! I guess that I missed this sordid stuff! I will have to go back and read previous posts. I also missed the verdict. I have been tuning in to Tru TV off and on and didn't realize that the jury was back. I always believed that he was guilty, too. I believed the inmate who testified. Why on earth would this idiot confide in him?

Poor Julie. She instinctly knew that he was trying to kill her. I just wish that she would have gotten away. Of course, we never truly believe that our spouses will actually murder us. I know that I wouldn't.

eta: I guess that it was even instinct that told Julie that her husband was going to kill her. I just heard on TTV that he told her that he was going to kill her and make it look like suicide. Thank goodness that she at least wrote letters with these facts.

I was so relieved by this verdict. He needs to be locked up forever. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back