Judge Awards $15.5M to Slain Woman's Family in Civil Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC 11

icon_wtvd_byline.gif
By Ed Crump
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Monday, a judge awarded Michelle Young's mother $15.6 million in her wrongful death lawsuit.
In the case filed last year by mother Linda Fisher, the judge had already declared that Jason Young murdered his wife.
Michelle Young was found beaten to death in her home in November, 2006. Her then 2-year-old daughter Cassidy was found next to the body.
In civil court Monday, Fisher's attorneys asked a judge to give Fisher $36 million.

~~ more at link

At the link above there are pdf files of the warrants, but they are all sideways. I hate that.

Thank you jtf and LL&S!

I watched the video and cried myself. I feel so sorry for Linda and Meredith. The next hurdle to get over will be the arrest!! I sure hope it's soon!

Wow! Thanks for the links.

So heartbreaking...........and YES! They need to arrest him!!!!!:mad:

JMHO
fran

Wow! Thanks for the links.

So heartbreaking...........and YES! They need to arrest him!!!!!:mad:

JMHO
fran

Hi Fran and Everyone, It is almost unbelievable to sit here, what, 2 1/2 years later, and know this vicious murderer will not get away with what he did. I think he believed all along he would get away with it. Only interviewed with police one time, and I think that was in front of Meradith's house, right?

Cassidy was so cupe playing 'nosey' with Michelle. I hope she is looking down from heaven to see all of this.

Do you think LE has enough now to arrest him? Maybe they held off for so long to let these other matters transpire first.

The award of 15.6 M, that is all the monies her estate has brought in plus her life insurance policies. We know he won't have money to pay the award. So is it really mainly to stop him from writing a book or profiting off her death and keep him from taking all of her assets? Just wondering.

When the law enforcement side and the district attorney's side are more satisfied that we've gotten everything we're going to get, I'm sure there'll be an indictment" against Jason Young, Wake County Detective R.C. Spivey III said after Monday's hearing.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/michelle_young/story/1445988.html
===============================================

Well, this says it all....
When the DA is satisfied there is nothing else to get from the investigation, there will be an indictment. :behindbar
They tied up Brevard a few weeks ago.
Now these last few web account e-mails should be examined soon :D

I wonder just what goes through Jason's head when he sees what the detective said about the case.

Can he hear the creaking sound of the jail house door shutting closed?

I hope he has sleepless nights now and...... until the day he's arrested!

grrrr,
fran

When the law enforcement side and the district attorney's side are more satisfied that we've gotten everything we're going to get, I'm sure there'll be an indictment" against Jason Young, Wake County Detective R.C. Spivey III said after Monday's hearing.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/michelle_young/story/1445988.html
===============================================

Well, this says it all....
When the DA is satisfied there is nothing else to get from the investigation, there will be an indictment. :behindbar
They tied up Brevard a few weeks ago.
Now these last few web account e-mails should be examined soon :D
Hallelujah!
I can see the train coming now!:clap::clap::clap:

At the link above there are pdf files of the warrants, but they are all sideways. I hate that.

Use the "rotate clockwise" icon in Adobe Reader to turn the document. The icon looks like two sheets of paper set diagonally to each other with an arrow between them.

The plaintiff placed numerous crime scene photos into evidence as "exhibits".
(given to the plaintiff by LE to use in their case)
The civil case has now been settled and closed.
I am interested in reviewing the photos depicting the blood splatter on the walls and the bed. Anyone know how to go about reviewing exhibits in a closed civil case ? Are these civil exhibits public record ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member