MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it. Sher posted the article that says that they took prints at 1:00 AM.

So how long are they supposed to protect the scene? Days? months?

Days, yes. I would assume the scene would be secured for several days. And clearly it was not secured for even 12 hours, as DR was allowed to drive right over it on his way to work the next day.

Days, yes. I would assume the scene would be secured for several days. And clearly it was not secured for even 12 hours, as DR was allowed to drive right over it on his way to work the next day.

As it has been pointed by others, the time a crime scene is "quarantined" can range from hours to days. In a case such as this, it "should" have been protected from contamination for at least two days in case LE or the FBI wished to review the evidence due to new information being received UNLESS weather conditions would have put the crime scene at risk.

Am I playing Monday morning quarterback? Yea...sort of.

Some of the info was from the same date, 10/24/89, but the St. Cloud Times. In addition to the man from the Avon motel, recently released inmates from the St. Cloud reformatory who had been convicted of sex crimes were investigated. One of the men was surveilled but his car tire treads did not match those at the crime scene.

Other cars that were looked at early on were dismissed for the same reason.

Hart was investigated early on according to several newspaper articles from January/Febuary 1990.

What I meant by the reference to not going public with the search for the one vehicle, is that they never publicly asked for help in finding the vehicle Rassier said he saw that night. I thought that was odd, given that LE asked for help in identifying several other vehicles that were up to 6 blocks away, and up to 2 weeks prior to the abduction. Why not ask for the one Rassier said he saw??

Everything else I've found out by doing real research, as you suggested.

because of the imaginary axle span. A small car has a small span. A large car has a larger span.

IDK the standard LE protocol....but it would seem as a minimum the following day to observe the crime scene in broad daylight.

how do we know what time they examined anything in broad daylight?

what time is first light then? I am too lazy to look it up, but it can be.

it seems if ideas or references are given, many are pooh poohed. So if anyone is interested, the info can be accessed on the net re daylight.

No publishing date yet. I've been focused on gathering information and writing, and haven't explored the publishing end of things much yet. Most likely it will be self-published through one of the several providers out there. My goal is to have it released by April 15. Thanks for your interest!!

I do have a book cover ready, if that helps? :)

https://www.facebook.com/searchingforjacob?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

Easy to publish on Amazon. My hubby has a book he published on there.

More readership than Nook, but you can do that at the same time.

Lots of tips, promotion, etc on Amazon

why days? Does that fit in with any other crime you have seen on WS?

Don't be so defensive...if you're secure in your position...you don't need to shout to defend it. LE is not perfect...but they are not nincompoops either....they're people. People make mistakes. DR walked "up the hill" and conversed with Officer Bruce Bechtold....right there he contaminated the scene walking on the driveway. Whose fault is that? IDK. But early in the investigation it may be that LE did not realize that there was a possibility that the crime scene could extend beyond the intersection of 16th + DR's driveway and so focused only on the immediate area...not thinking of the possibility of the potentiality of the crime scene being extended. Just because some of us here(with 20/20 hindsight) question LE's handling of the site doesn't mean we're throwing LE out with the bath water(investigating the crime scene in the black of night would not be an easy task)....we're simply processing the info...and thinking out loud via Websleuths.

Good idea that DR contaminated the scene with his footprints, scent.

Interesting how he says LE are idiots re allowing horses on there a week later, but he was not an idiot for walking all over the crime scene.

Um hm. He reveals himself in so many ways

The article states this goes back to 2003. Looks like this is nothing new. DR has absolutely no accusations and no record.

Maybe no one has come forward yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is time to figure something out. How is it that Joy B. was able to find out who kevin was and actually meet with him and DR? Joy is not LE, and if you arent LE then you dont know who kevin is. So how was Joy privaleged to meet him?

I think it is time to figure something out. How is it that Joy B. was able to find out who kevin was and actually meet with him and DR? Joy is not LE, and if you arent LE then you dont know who kevin is. So how was Joy privaleged to meet him?

It's interesting alright. I guess word has just got around that she was doing this in depth story on Jacob and he contacted her. Maybe she put an ad in the paper for him to contact her like Jared did for the Painsville victims.

I could be wrong but I think that DR first met Kevin on a news program interview, on one of the MPLS stations. So he would know who he was, please correct me if I am wrong.

$5,000.00

The money is yours if you can connect the dots all the way to a criminal conviction . . .

Can you do what no one else has been able to do in the past 25 years? Are you smarter than the local Sheriff? Are you more capable than the MN Bureau of Criminal Apprehension? Do you have better resources than the FBI? Are you tougher than tough guy John Walsh?

<modsnip>

$50,000.00 is yours if you can connect even more dots . . .

Prov. 11:14

$5,000.00

The money is yours if you can connect the dots all the way to a criminal conviction . . .

Can you do what no one else has been able to do in the past 25 years? Are you smarter than the local Sheriff? Are you more capable than the MN Bureau of Criminal Apprehension? Do you have better resources than the FBI? Are you tougher than tough guy John Walsh?

<modsnip>
According to Minnesota court documents, Delbert shot and killed the son of a suspect in Scriver`s case. I will provide the case number this evening.

The article states this goes back to 2003. Looks like this is nothing new. DR has absolutely no accusations and no record.

Exactly my point. An older guy has gotten away with stuff for years.

We have no idea of what has been said out there by anyone.

There are thngs that cannot be proved, are too old, or the person may have died.

Basically, we are out of the loop on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44