MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Or perhaps she felt like this was someone they wouldn't approve of so she didn't want to say anything unless/until it was going somewhere?

I thought of this too. Or, it could be just the opposite. Maybe she thought she had met "the one". : )

Well, I called Probate Court and the hearing tomorrow is for Neglect filed by DPS about the minor child and it seems to only concern JT! How is that not against both parents is beyond me. I have no idea of what to expect for the outcome of this. Once I know, I'll post it.

Well, I called Probate Court and the hearing tomorrow is for Neglect filed by DPS about the minor child and it seems to only concern JT! How is that not against both parents is beyond me. I have no idea of what to expect for the outcome of this. Once I know, I'll post it.

Thank you for the update Trojan. I hope great wisdom is applied in considering a child's welfare, who should be as far away from what is unfolding around her as possible, it seems pretty clear to me. Here's hoping for the best. I'm sure this has to be very tough for you to go through, with your grandchild's well-being at stake. It seems unreal that she would be left to fend in such comprised circumstances when other loving much more stable family options exist, with no potential agenda that would put her at further risk. To be clear, having your father charged with child *advertiser censored* issues, named an uncooperative POI in your sister's murder, and a Red Crew who shows up in court to support him, make her a pawn for appearances in that milieu, however convincing the representation for her safety may seem. The rubric of the case hasn't changed and may get worse for her.

Two cases, though there are more, that I've learned about on WS come to mind where the courts gave custody of children to the wrong people, one was Kenneth White's the other is gruesome but not as violent, but a judge may have called it wrong on where the child would be safest. I'm not suggesting that anyone's life is at issue here, but long-term well-being does not seem to have been a consideration, thus far, it seems clear to me.

I bet the the initial Petition was an interesting read. Discrepancies in the initial petition could have been called into question and proven inaccurate (by LE & CPS testimony) on a few separate points which could have changed the allegations to Neglect. Just my opinion and speculation of course

While the initial Petition was an interesting read, discrepancies in the initial petition were called into question and proven inaccurate (by LE & CPS testimony) on at least 3 separate points if I am not mistaken.

Citation for this information please?

Exactly who can read the Initial Petition? It isn't available to public, is it?

Exactly who can read the Initial Petition? It isn't available to public, is it?

As the grandparent, I called the court and they sent me a copy of the original Petition For Jurisdiction (dated 2-27-2015) and the Family Court order (dated 3-30-2015).
The Family Court Order says" IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the case petition allegations as related to the Mother are withdrawn.". This released Kim and allowed the minor child back into the home.

Here is a link to the Michigan State Department of Health and Human Services. It provides definitions and explanations of what constitutes child neglect:

http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,4562,7-124-7119-21208--,00.html

What is exactly at stake here? What will happen if he is found guilty of neglect?
What is the burden of proof for DPS?

My opinion is that CPS will not leave a child in the reach of someone who is charged with having child sexually abusive material (*advertiser censored*). I think that's self explanatory. As for KT? She isn't charged with the *advertiser censored* so they aren't leveling charges against her.
JMOO

My opinion is that CPS will not leave a child in the reach of someone who is charged with having child sexually abusive material (*advertiser censored*). I think that's self explanatory. As for KT? She isn't charged with the *advertiser censored* so they aren't leveling charges against her.
JMOO

Trojan, since you have a copy of the report, can you confirm that the reason for CPS action is the child *advertiser censored* charges? Or is it due to separate allegations?

JMOO
At the moment the youngest daughter already not within reach of JT. He is living somewhere else with a tether, per judges orders.
Is this perhaps a pre-emptive move so that, in the case JT is found not guilty of the child *advertiser censored* charges, he still would not be reunited with his daughter?
I can imagine that the burden of proof for the criminal case is higher than the burden of proof for the probate court case.

Trojan, since you have a copy of the report, can you confirm that the reason for CPS action is the child *advertiser censored* charges? Or is it due to separate allegations?

There's more than the pending child *advertiser censored* involved. The "old" allegations from October 2000 are also mentioned.

What is exactly at stake here? What will happen if he is found guilty of neglect?
What is the burden of proof for DPS?

I'm not sure but we will all know by tomorrow night exactly what happened. If JT is found guilty in probate court, then basically KT & JT will not be able to live together! Not sure how that's going to work out if that happens.

There's more than the pending child *advertiser censored* involved. The "old" allegations from October 2000 are also mentioned.

What exactly does the report say about the October 2000 allegations? Are there any allegations in the report that we do not know already?
Who will testify tomorrow? I wonder if Jennifer will testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member