ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope that this depo prevents anyone from paying her. There really isn't anything she can say in a paid interview that either hasn't already been covered or will be covered in this depo.

Ooooh . That's a good point :highfive:

It looks like there's a backlash on anyone having anything to do with ICA ,the DT or the A's ,anyway :seeya:

Well, her name isn't ZFG, just ZG. But, she had looked at an apartment at Sawgrass (no other ZG or ZFG had a connection there) and she drove the same type of a car (or one very similar) to the one that "Zanny the Nanny" drove. I also think KC refused to rule this Zanny out, so since she was the closest, LE concentrated on her.

I'd like to add ZG looked at Sawgrass apts during the time frame ICA said she dropped Caylee off there,Casey had friends at SawGrass at that time and this ZG filled out a card when she was at SawGrass that had her name and other info on it.

Is what actually happened to Caylee a subject that can even be explored in this lawsuit? I would think that the focus would need to be on the false statements, not getting to the truth of what happened.

I have really mixed feelings on this. I would be really upset if it happened to me but I have a hard time believing that ZG is still unable to find work or housing (because of this) or that anyone (other than CA until recently) thinks that a ZFG ever met Casey or Caylee.

Is what actually happened to Caylee a subject that can even be explored in this lawsuit? I would think that the focus would need to be on the false statements, not getting to the truth of what happened.

I have really mixed feelings on this. I would be really upset if it happened to me but I have a hard time believing that ZG is still unable to find work or housing (because of this) or that anyone (other than CA until recently) thinks that a ZFG ever met Casey or Caylee.
ETA ;Anyone living paycheck to paycheck would be in dire straights if they lost work for 1,2 or 3 weeks. Their was a national frenzy at the time and no one knew what to believe at first.
Morgan has wide latitude to ask her almost anything in the deposition.
You can see his depos with GA an CA . They kept refusing to answer his questions ,saying they weren't relevent ,and their lawyer had to tell them that they had to answer.

CA's depo with Morgan is MUST SEE TV. IMO :floorlaugh:

I think they can ask just about anything they want related to the case. I remember watching CA and GA's depo with ZG's lawyer and I was amazed at some of the stuff he was asking. I didn't think alot of it had anything to do with ICA using his client's name, but he got to ask and Brad Conway didn't object to anything, he told them they had to answer.

I don't blame ZG either. The police really did seriously investigate her. I'm sure she was harassed at the time. It might seem irrevelant now, but it's not her fault they couldn't go any further with her lawsuit until after ICA's trial.

Yes. That is why this lawsuit is so interesting. There are so many unanswered questions, and I will take any opportunity to get more info. I remember early on, there was some thing about other computer searches on classmates.com or another people finder for names and this was prior to the zg whose computer was stolen that were somehow sealed? Also some crazy stuff about traffic tickets and the possibility that ICA had a DL with a zg name, possibly taken away when ICA's purse was dumped out on the floor by la on the 15th which was taken by le. Thought we would have seen some of this at trial. Makes you wonder - again so many questions.

On a lighter note - I'm a native Orlando resident and have grown up with the Morgan and Morgan for the people ads. Never thought I'd say this - but JM is looking pretty good to me right now. Looking forward to watching this unfold.

For those who are saying they hope Zenaida loses the case, I ask you to look at the bigger picture.

I feel this lawsuit is important, for four reasons....

1) To potentially divert money away from Casey Anthony- money that Casey Anthony might now gain due to her notoriety, born from Caylee's homicide.

2) To ideally gain some answers- i.e, where did she come up with the name ZFG? Why the detailed story of Sawgrass Apts & dropping Caylee off at the foot of the stairs? Why the detailed story of a kidnapping at J. Blanchard Park.? If Casey's new claim that Caylee drowned is true, why start a witch-hunt and accuse random strangers in false allegations?

3) To allow Casey the opportunity to perjure herself while under oath.

4) To hold Casey accountable.

I don't scare easily, but after watching Morgan's depositions with Cindy Anthony, George Anthony, James Hoover, etc., I would be shaking in my (high-heeled) boots, if Morgan were questioning me & I knew I had something to hide.
The man is relentless. Seemingly no subject is off limits.

~DISCLAIMER- I worked the graveyard/ over-night shift last night, and still have not gone to sleep. If this post makes little sense, I'm going to use that as my excuse!

Will declaring bankruptcy keep ICA from having to pay the state or ZFG? Will bankruptcy discharge debts from a defamation judgment or a criminal case?

I thought perhaps not since Morgan is going after her, but he is getting a ton of publicity from this, too.

I have been BEGGING for an answer to this. I would hate to think ICA can get away by filing for bankruptcy!

Having gone through a Chapter 11 or was it a 7, a year ago, I know that any tax liens, pending law suits or money owed to municipals or government agencies were not excused. Just the bills we owned. And even then there was an opportunity for the creditors to oppose the bankruptcy and take, for instance, the money we received from a federal tax refund. Even though the amount did not satisfy any total amount from any or all creditors.

However, I am certainly not the perfect individual to answer this specifically, just to tell what the rules were for us.

My hubby lost his job in the construction industry and was out of work for 18 months. I thought the rules were fair. We got a fresh start, but still suffered some loss, not to mention the fees we paid an attorney and court costs. Bankruptcy wasn't something we ever thought we would face.

I doubt Casey would come away from a bankruptcy free and clear. JMO

I hope it's okay to link this. We now know that the DT's opening statement is the trial "excerpt" that M&M filed last week.

Orlando, Fla. - A transcript of the defense opening statement from Casey Anthony's murder trial has been filed by the attorney representing Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, the woman who alleges she was defamed by the Florida mother found not guilty of killing her daughter, Caylee Anthony, 2.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...g-statements-transcript-filed-defamation-case

I haven't really been keeping up with the civil suit, other than knowing Casey has been served with papers and that a date has been set up for the deposition. I remember the suit was being for $5,000. Now that it appears that Casey might be getting a lot more money, can that $5,000 be increased? I never read the original papers on it--did they also ask for attorney fees, which could really be sustantial.

I love for CA to be asked how she choose Zenida? How did she know she looked at an apt at Sawgrass.
Did we ever find out? I don't remember but, it's bizarre.

It had to be that she somehow got the info from Sawgrass. A combination of those 3 names could not be coincidence, IMO. I wonder if she went to the office to inquire about renting there- she had been talking to Amy H about moving in together (even tho she was telling Amy they cold move to Hope Spring).
Maybe she observed the rental agent showing ZFG the vacant apmt 210 or 201 -whichever it was while she was pretending to be at work on 6-17-08. And that's how the story hatched. Although ICA had been using the name "Zanny" for 2 years or so, it could have been a quick decision to adopt Zenaida as the "zanny" just because of the Z.
I really think there is some truth to Zanny being street name for Xanax and THAT's how the "Zanny" name originally came to be.
If I had friend named Zenaida and was looking for a nockname, I might come up with "Zen" or just "Zee", but not Zanny. Does anyone know if Zanny is a common nickname for anyone really named Zenaida?

For those who are saying they hope Zenaida loses the case, I ask you to look at the bigger picture.

I feel this lawsuit is important, for four reasons....

1) To potentially divert money away from Casey Anthony- money that Casey Anthony might now gain due to her notoriety, born from Caylee's homicide.

2) To ideally gain some answers- i.e, where did she come up with the name ZFG? Why the detailed story of Sawgrass Apts & dropping Caylee off at the foot of the stairs? Why the detailed story of a kidnapping at J. Blanchard Park.? If Casey's new claim that Caylee drowned is true, why start a witch-hunt and accuse random strangers in false allegations?

3) To allow Casey the opportunity to perjure herself while under oath.

4) To hold Casey accountable.

I don't scare easily, but after watching Morgan's depositions with Cindy Anthony, George Anthony, James Hoover, etc., I would be shaking in my (high-heeled) boots, if Morgan were questioning me & I knew I had something to hide.
The man is relentless. Seemingly no subject is off limits.

~DISCLAIMER- I worked the graveyard/ over-night shift last night, and still have not gone to sleep. If this post makes little sense, I'm going to use that as my excuse!

I agree with being scared of Morgan! That's how he got to be as big a firm as he is. BY not pulling any punches, not allowing ANYONE to skirt or sway the law in any form whatsoever. Which is WHY I am keeping an eye on this case as well. Because ICA can NOT plead the 5th. SHE HAS to show up. AND she MUST answer questions. She cannot avoid this. She can prolong it all she wants. Which I doubt is for very long considering they've waited this long. :woohoo:

Well now we know ICA admits Caylee died on June 16th,yet at the height of the searches etc she stuck to the claim that ZG took her, so it has to be relevant, right....? People were harrassing Zenaida- I have seen her talk about taking her children to school when someone pulled up alongside and threatened to do to her children what she had done to Caylee. I don't know about you but that would terrify me. No word came from the Anthonys to exonerate this Zenaida so she had to live with the abuse which was apparently prevalent for a while.

It had to be that she somehow got the info from Sawgrass. A combination of those 3 names could not be coincidence, IMO.

No chance of a coincidence? I'd like to get your opinion on two other amazing things...

Caylee's body was dumped in the swamp behind two homes. One home was previously occupied by a Zenaida. The other was occupied by a Gonzales. Coincidence, or not?

Caylee's body was dumped in the swamp. The numerical street address for that swamp is the same as Caylee's birthdate and year. Coincidence, or not?

Well, since no one believed Casey at all, I just see this woman as an opportunist.

No chance of a coincidence? I'd like to get your opinion on two other amazing things...

Caylee's body was dumped in the swamp behind two homes. One home was previously occupied by a Zenaida. The other was occupied by a Gonzales. Coincidence, or not?

Caylee's body was dumped in the swamp. The numerical street address for that swamp is the same as Caylee's birthdate and year. Coincidence, or not?

In a movie, I'd say not but since this is real life I'm going to say coincidence OR that she knew that and that is why she chose that name and that the ZFG looking at Sawgrass was the coincidence... I think. if you ask me again tomorrow, I might have a different answer. :crazy:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/?p=40625

According to the Orlando Sentinel - Morgan is planning on asking lots of questions:

Orlando attorney John Morgan told WFTV-Channel 9 that he hopes to question Anthony on July 19 in Zenaida Gonzalez’s defamation suit. Gonzalez says her life was ruined when she was linked, by Anthony, to the disappearance of Caylee Anthony. Casey Anthony was acquitted this week of first-degree murder in her daughter’s death. Anthony did not take the stand at her trial.

Morgan, Gonzalez’s attorney, told WFTV: “We’re going to ask questions about the disappearance, about the death, what she knew, when she knew it.”

WFTV’s Steve Barrett added, “Morgan not only sees this case as a chance to find out why his client’s name was brought into this, but also as the best chance to get some answers from Casey under oath and on video about what really happened.”

The results should be dramatic. Remember the Morgan firm’s questioning of George and Cindy Anthony?

I do think the previous homeowners/ occupants names and the address is coincidence. But of course, that's JMO.

It's hard to believe ZFG filled out an application at Sawgrass on 6-17-2008, where ICA had friends and looked at the apmt (IIRC) that ICA eventually said was the babysitter's house, 210 or 201.
It is strange that a "Zenaida" and a "Gonzales" lived on Suburban, but are you saying she searched only the selected the disposal site because a Z and G had lived there in the past? To me, the disposal site was chosen out of convenience for ICA. I think Gonzales is a more common name than Zenaida- I had never heard that name before this case.
I think the Suburban Drive Z and G is eerie, but I think the fact a real ZFG filled out a visitor form at Sawgrass is "not coincidence."
JMO.

When Zenaida filled out the guest card at Sawgrass, she didn't use "Fernandez". If Casey saw this card, she never saw that name.

Look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member