NY NY - Corrie Anderson, 36, Jamestown, 28 Oct 2008

We're in for the night! It was a great day!

And some things will never be the same - now that today happened.
Feels like a huge step forward.

Everyone was great today. So many people trying to help in any way they could. I saw the video clips of the search on Channel 2's website. They did a nice job.

See some of you Sunday. And then beyond. Thanks everybodY!

Torsade fell in the swamp?!?! I need details.

I'm with 'ya Tichad3!- this should be a GREAT story! :yes: :popcorn:

Jeepers, we'll have to review "Juicy Gems & Buffoonery" netiquette with Torsade next week 'cause I can't believe she did a "4-1-run" on us! :yow: I don't know about you, Tichad3 but I feel there's a small possibility I may require years of intense therapy if I'm ever to get over this blatant disregard for our constitutional right of "Need-2-Know" !:eek:

:boohoo: I'm..not..even..(sob,hic-up)..sure..if..if....I.....if.I....can..keep.... ..typing..from....(sniffle,sniffle)..the pain..&.the lack of..details...oh!- it's all just..too...too..much to bare..without..without..:spit:

GOBS OF GIGGLES! :floorlaugh: :laugh::floorlaugh::laugh: :rotfl: :takeabow:(and I will now end my silliness; this is what happens after two full days of sleep deprivation!) --I was just joking, Torsade & Tichad3 and I think y'all already knew this wasn't serious but I still wanted to "officially" clarify my nonsense!:crazy:

-Mish:boing: :wave: :bedtime:

Oh gosh I don't want to be famous for falling into mud! How about for insisting at the beginning that everybody had to walk through the pricker bushes?
Some of the search area was nice walking, some was muddy, stinky swamp, some was pricker bushes that were awful. I fell in the mud and was covered in stinky swamp mud on one side, but it dried quickly enough thank God.
I am STILL laughing at the crazy we found in the woods!
Shower and warm clothes and I'm out the door for day 2 :)

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/528427.html?nav=5018

New Group Leads Hunt For Corrie Anderson, Hundreds Participate In Search

By Robert Rizzuto
POSTED: April 19, 2009

Article Photos
Marc Carson, team leader, discusses one of the searches Saturday for Corrie Anderson with another team leader.
P-J photo by Robert Rizzuto

ASHVILLE - The search for clues about the disappearance of missing mother Corrie Anderson continues today, after more than 200 people and the crew from Indiana-based 3 View Search Services were busy Saturday scouring several intelligence-based locations around the area.

Ms. Anderson was last seen at about 1:10 p.m. on Oct. 28, 2008, when she visited her boyfriend, Mike Samuelson, at the Lake County Dodge dealership on Washington Street in Jamestown.

Her mother reported her missing about 3:45 p.m. that day, when Corrie failed to show up at her son Zack's school for a meeting.

3 View Search Services came to assist the family on short notice, after Texas EquuSearch suddenly pulled out just days before they were supposed to lead the operation.

''We are very proud to be here and helping this family when they need us most, '' said Mandy Albritton, family liaison for 3 View Search Services. ''This search doesn't just help the family, but also helps the community to heal after something terrible like a disappearance happens.''

The community turned out in droves Saturday, packing the parking lot of the Ashville Fireman's Training Grounds early in the morning.

''When I got here at 6:30 a.m., I though I was going to be early but there were already so many people waiting to help,'' said Vicki Acquisto, Ms. Anderson's mother. ''People have helped us in so many ways, even if they can't go out and search. When I saw all those people just waiting for us, all I could do was cry.''

Volunteers from the community were led into the search areas by experienced team leaders who guided through the terrain. Team Leader Marc Carson took several groups into the search areas Saturday, and brought his friend Matt Galuppo along to help out.

''He had asked me if I wanted to help and since I didn't have to work, I'm right here,'' Galuppo said. ''It's a beautiful day and I probably would have been hiking in the woods anyway, so why not do it for a good cause.''

Although each volunteer had their own reason for showing up to help, the result was the same- an overwhelming show of support for the family.

Ms. Albritton said that if this weekend doesn't yield any clues about Ms. Anderson's disappearance, the team will return to the area soon.

''Although this is our first official operation together as a organization, we all have several years of experience and have worked together before. We have a lot of technology at our disposal and we will come back with whatever we need to help this family out,'' she said. ''We are extremely impressed with the New York State Police investigation and know that they have been thorough and care a lot about the case. If we don't find anything this weekend, we will be back.''

Ms. Anderson's family is offering a $15,000 reward for information about her whereabouts or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for her disappearance. The money is in addition to the rewards being offered by local CrimeStoppers agencies.

Anyone with any information about Ms. Anderson's disappearance or her whereabouts is asked to call the New York State Police at 665-3113, the Greater Buffalo Metropolitan Crime Stoppers at 856-5600, or the Warren County, Pa. Crime Stoppers at 800-83-CRIME (27463). All calls will be kept confidential and rewards can be collected anonymously.

We searched our hearts out again today, and it was NO picnic. It was REALLY hard work in places and I am sooooo proud of our team, which was mostly members from Saturday. We had a couple newbies though.
I think it's safe to tell you that we did NOT find Corrie. I'm so sad about that. Thinking positively, we found areas that Corrie is NOT in. And there were lots of findings that may be forensically important in the future.
It was great to get to know Live2Ride pretty well LOLOLOLOL. Yeah. She's totally got the story on me. And to see KarenNY. Our team put together an email list (and one phone number...guy didn't have a computer) and we're going to be hitting the pavement...er....the woods together.
Corrie WILL be located.
There are three really sad WSers tonight, though.
(Live2Ride if you tell em about me getting all b*tchy I'll be mad LOL)
for our team the bearsh*tters
GREAT funny story to tell ya tomorrow. I'm going to bed! I'll copy and paste this to the other thread.

We searched our hearts out again today, and it was NO picnic. It was REALLY hard work in places and I am sooooo proud of our team, which was mostly members from Saturday. We had a couple newbies though.
I think it's safe to tell you that we did NOT find Corrie. I'm so sad about that. Thinking positively, we found areas that Corrie is NOT in. And there were lots of findings that may be forensically important in the future.
It was great to get to know Live2Ride pretty well LOLOLOLOL. Yeah. She's totally got the story on me. And to see KarenNY. Our team put together an email list (and one phone number...guy didn't have a computer) and we're going to be hitting the pavement...er....the woods together.
Corrie WILL be located.
There are three really sad WSers tonight, though.
(Live2Ride if you tell em about me getting all b*tchy I'll be mad LOL)
for our team the bearsh*tters
GREAT funny story to tell ya tomorrow. I'm going to bed! I'll copy and paste this to the other thread.

Well, I must admit, sad is a perfect word to describe tonight's feeling. Perhaps "helpless" would be another word. The worst feeling I've ever had was hugging Vicki at the end of the search today, looking into her eyes, and telling her how sorry I was that we could not find Corrie. *sigh*

On a lighter note... Torsade managed to stay mud-free and quite dry today. She stayed upright during most of the search. The only times we found her close to the ground today was, not only to pull prickers out of her boots, but whenever she found a new pile of "you know what" on the ground and, for some reason needed to identify which type of animal "deposited" it. The search would stop temporarily, and we would all gather around to see the new found pile. Yes my friends, todays lesson was " the analysis of Poop... 101. " Thus... this gave our team the name... The BearSh*tters.

As for her post referring to herself as being b*tchy....I think we were all a bit tired today and frustrated because we all wanted so badly to find Corrie. Torsade was a great team leader and when she started to get a little crabby, all we did was find her a new pile of " to analyze, and she was, once again, the "happy little team leader" we all grew to love!! Thanks for an awesome job Torsade!! Goodnight all! xo

Hey. I just felt the need to check in with the only group of people I know who might have an inkling of how heartbroken I am today. I can't stop crying. While I knew logically that we would likely not find Corrie, I guess my heart didn't.
I did email David Lohr who, by the way, is a GODSEND. I am now a huge fan of this guy and his work. I asked that he pass along to any search group that he works with, that critical incident debriefing would be very helpful to searchers that didn't find the person they were looking for.
If not for you guys, I'd have no one to express my sadness to. My family doesn't get it.
Thanks for listening!

Hey. I just felt the need to check in with the only group of people I know who might have an inkling of how heartbroken I am today. I can't stop crying. While I knew logically that we would likely not find Corrie, I guess my heart didn't.
I did email David Lohr who, by the way, is a GODSEND. I am now a huge fan of this guy and his work. I asked that he pass along to any search group that he works with, that critical incident debriefing would be very helpful to searchers that didn't find the person they were looking for.
If not for you guys, I'd have no one to express my sadness to. My family doesn't get it.
Thanks for listening!

Torsade, may Angels wrap their arms around each and every one of you who went out searching for Corrie and bring comfort & healing to your wounded hearts. Thank you all for your strength, courage and commitment to bring Corrie home. Most of all, thank you for your love.

Blessings,
Soulscape

Thanks for listening!

I am so lost today, too.
Disappointed. Saddened. Frustrated. Angry.
We need to get people together to share this hurt.

I went driving around today, looking for things of interest.

The family thinks that there are way more places to search. But with property owner permissions and things - it is really time consuming to get them. But with 3 of my areas over the weekend, I went to the home (if there was one) and asked/told them what I was doing. That's an option but also - I suggested that maybe the family sponsor a GO OUT AND CHECK DAY. I think it was Michele's suggestion. If property owners would check their own properties or if they can't - then they can call and we'd go out. We may want to further develop that idea. I also told one of Corrie's relatives, that we will go out and search areas - if they give us leads. I hope I can speak for the bearsh.itters? I didn't tell her that was the name of your team. I did tell her that me and one person on my team are going to check more, too. She was very surprised.

And women at work - wondered how I got involved. They missed the part - of how you could sign-up. That tells me that we need to promote more.

Hugs to everyone. Some understand. Some aren't there yet.
I told someone today, that the people that I knew who searched, searched just as hard and serious as if it was our own mother, daughter, sister or child who was missing. I think that says something about the good guys...

Grieve. Heal. Use antibiotic ointment. Then we have to get ready to go again.
Even promoting leads for reward money. They can't stop women on a mission.

Karen, I love the way you think. You're right back to figuring out how to get this done!
My heart got in the way today, but I've got my brain scheduled to show back up and overrule my heart, tomorrow. I talked to Live2ride today and she is also having a terrible time. This is a small community with truly good people, and we're really struggling here! I finally asked my daughter to just sit with me and let me talk.
If you got several hundred people together, and they all gave 110%, your brain tells you that you could accomplish anything! :woohoo:
Except find Corrie.
In one weekend.
That is what is killing us. That we went places and did things that were extraordinary for us. And accomplished nothing. Yes, we ruled out places that Corrie could be. But we didn't get what we wanted.
It makes me sad that there are probably plenty of people who don't have a place like this, and their families are thinking they've just lost it, today. I'm sending a prayer for peace out, to those who are suffering alone.

Did you all see that David Lohr (David thank you for all that you do!) wrote about the search? http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/04/corrie-anderson-3-view-search-services.html

Collectively, we're going to have a good cry (or two), have a glass (or bottle) of good wine, take a deep breath, assess our personal strengths, and then get back in the ring.

For Corrie. For Vicky. For Zach, Shannon and Kaitlyn. And for us, too.
Peace, ya'all.

Torsade, may Angels wrap their arms around each and every one of you who went out searching for Corrie and bring comfort & healing to your wounded hearts. Thank you all for your strength, courage and commitment to bring Corrie home. Most of all, thank you for your love.

Blessings,
Soulscape
(my bold)

Echoing Soulscape's words. :blowkiss:

I am so lost today, too.
Disappointed. Saddened. Frustrated. Angry.
We need to get people together to share this hurt.

I went driving around today, looking for things of interest.

The family thinks that there are way more places to search. But with property owner permissions and things - it is really time consuming to get them. But with 3 of my areas over the weekend, I went to the home (if there was one) and asked/told them what I was doing. That's an option but also - I suggested that maybe the family sponsor a GO OUT AND CHECK DAY. I think it was Michele's suggestion. If property owners would check their own properties or if they can't - then they can call and we'd go out. We may want to further develop that idea. I also told one of Corrie's relatives, that we will go out and search areas - if they give us leads. I hope I can speak for the bearsh.itters? I didn't tell her that was the name of your team. I did tell her that me and one person on my team are going to check more, too. She was very surprised.

And women at work - wondered how I got involved. They missed the part - of how you could sign-up. That tells me that we need to promote more.

Hugs to everyone. Some understand. Some aren't there yet.
I told someone today, that the people that I knew who searched, searched just as hard and serious as if it was our own mother, daughter, sister or child who was missing. I think that says something about the good guys...

Grieve. Heal. Use antibiotic ointment. Then we have to get ready to go again.
Even promoting leads for reward money. They can't stop women on a mission.

I'm loving your go out and check day :clap:, and think we should try to get that going ASAP, before everything's all overgrown.
Who is in tightest contact with the family? Would you run this idea by them (that we'd put the word out for property owners to go to their properties and check them on foot, and if they are unable to, to write to...whom?...and give permission and the location of their property?
If the property owners give their name, we have someone in the tax office in Mayville who can get us maps of their properties. Would we need some sort of waiver that says the property owner isn't liable in the case of any injury? That the group is not liable in the case of injury? Does anyone know an attorney willing to do this gratis? I'm not trying to make this complicated, but in today's world...
Then we have to assemble a list of places to promote this search.
Then we have to start assembling teams who can check.
I'm thinking that we need to set up maybe a private yahoo group where we can develop our teams and note availability, etc. People could only join with a referral from Corrie's family or a current member.
I like having a presence here, though, because the public comes here, and we can garner helpers through here.

I'm loving your go out and check day :clap:, and think we should try to get that going ASAP, before everything's all overgrown.
Who is in tightest contact with the family? Would you run this idea by them (that we'd put the word out for property owners to go to their properties and check them on foot, and if they are unable to, to write to...whom?...and give permission and the location of their property?
If the property owners give their name, we have someone in the tax office in Mayville who can get us maps of their properties. Would we need some sort of waiver that says the property owner isn't liable in the case of any injury? That the group is not liable in the case of injury? Does anyone know an attorney willing to do this gratis? I'm not trying to make this complicated, but in today's world...
Then we have to assemble a list of places to promote this search.
Then we have to start assembling teams who can check.
I'm thinking that we need to set up maybe a private yahoo group where we can develop our teams and note availability, etc. People could only join with a referral from Corrie's family or a current member.
I like having a presence here, though, because the public comes here, and we can garner helpers through here.

Torsade,
I will be back in Chaut. County Wed. Perhaps You and Karen would like to get together one evening over coffee (or WINE) and we can go over some of the things you are asking about? I agree, we need to do this, but before we do anything, I would like to talk to you first if possible?

Thanks!

Live2Ride

Hmmmm..... I work 7-3 and then 11-7 on Wednesday, then 3pm Thursday til 7am Friday. I could do coffee late Friday afternoon, maybe when Karen gets out of work? Would that work?

Hey Psycho....I love your name cause all of our replies will start with "Hey psycho".....Glad you found us here, and thank you David for setting up the yahoo site. I think that'll be really helpful. In hindsight, if we'd had that place to go to, to cry on each others' shoulders on Sunday and Monday, that would have been great!
I'm trying to guess who you are. Do you spend any time in an "institute of learning?"

Let's keep the search going. THIS time I'll wear boots. Pruning shears would have been helpful last weekend. Ha!

I'm ready! Let's make some plans!

How about sending in a brush hog, first?
People interested in continuing to search are supposed to register again on the findcorrie.com website, so I was told ...
There is a family member who knows the area pretty well and helped identify the most important sites ...

O/T- Yesterday, the nephew of Yolanda Bindics was hit by a car and killed. Timothy Bindics was only 4 years old. :( There is a picture of the baby boy on the site below.

http://www.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/528667.html?nav=5009
Timothy L. Bindics
POSTED: April 22, 2009

Article Photos
Timothy L. Bindics

Timothy L. Bindics, 4, of 103 Weeks St., Jamestown, died at 6:50 p.m., Monday (April 20, 2009), the result of an auto and pedestrian accident.

He was born in Jamestown, on Dec. 4, 2004, the son of Frank Bindics and Tiffany Sheehan.

He is survived by a brother, Frank Bindics Jr., and a sister, Cathrine Bindics; his maternal grand parents, Dennis and Joyce Sheehan; his paternal grandparents, Patricia and Imre Bindics; and several aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews also survives.

He was preceded in death by his aunt, Yolanda Bindics; and his uncle, Dennis Sheehan Jr.

A private graveside service will be held at Sunset Hill Cemetery. Friends will be received on Thursday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. in the Hubert Funeral Home and Cremation Services.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back