CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T: I'm going to try to get a few hours of sleep all! I have a few errands to do in the early AM. I hope I get more than the 4 hrs I got last night! :wink:

Good Luck to you all finding what Soulscape needs to do a chart for Hassani. We need to get a birthplaces if at all possible for SS too! :wink:

:praying: that Hassani is found today!

:angel:

No I don't think so.
Louis Ross’s Education

Florida International University

1982 — 1986

He was born in 1971. He would've had to start college at age eleven. Though it was reported somewhere that he was a computer engineer. Does it strike anyone else funny that he should want to start all over in a new profession as a medical something-or-other?

bolded my me

paulette - While living in Maryland, Ross had 3 civil lawsuits involving his company and maybe more. 3 is all I could find. Doubt his name is much good in the computer world. The judgments were for substantial amounts. Maybe he claimed bankruptcy...doing a business search, his company didn't come up. It's really scary that he has left computers and will be working with vulnerable, sick, people. jmo

nitey-nite Angel...I'm headed that direction myself.

Here are my impressions so far, for whatever they're worth:

1. That driveway has always made me slightly nervous if I'm walking alone at night. It's easy to duck into and be shielded by that building. Vehicles (UPS, work trucks) do tend to pull part way into the driveway of the parking lot for a few minutes to half an hour or so at a time. Likewise, across the street (almost directly) is a basement parking structure accessible by a lower garage door that goes down from the street.

2. Barclay's, the bar/restaurant across the street, is a busy establishment. However, even the outdoor seating is below street level. IMO, the odds of sitting down there (which I've done) and seeing what's going on clearly across the street aren't great.

3. The parking lot is really small, as the blonde woman said in the news video. Through the archway is the apartment parking area, leading to a street that dead ends. However, if someone had a car waiting or idling near there, or around the corner on Auburn (which does not get much traffic during the day), it would be IMO an easy getaway. You would have to move VERY fast, and prepare, but once you make a turn or two, you're pretty much home-free. You have a much higher chance of being noticed if you go down College than if you go down to the other end of Harwood.

4. That all said, there is foot traffic on Harwood throughout the day, especially as people return home around that time. There is a church across the street from that corner, which usually has people out front, in addition to several coffee shops. The time it takes to round that corner is indeed very fast, especially if you were in a hurry and using a quick pace.

5. His reasons for using the parking lot make sense to me, considering what's been going on in Oakland lately. There is honestly nowhere to park along College Ave most of the time, for about five blocks in either direction. You have to park on the side streets, which have 2 hour parking. However, on Harwood during that time of day, you can sometimes have to travel to the roundabout or beyond to find a spot (even if you look at side streets, too). Lately, the City of Oakland has extended the parking enforcement hours and hugely increased parking ticket fines. My friends have parked in front of my house and exceeded 2 hours by minutes, and ended up with $80 tickets. Minor infractions can set you back as much as $300 lately, as Oakland tries to use parking enforcement to balance its very sad budget.

Despite all this, the only scenario that makes sense to me for an abduction is that someone either heavily planned this in advance, had the help of one or both parents, or lives really nearby (there is a house on the other side of the driveway). It would have to be such a quick initial grab. I do see it as possible to go unnoticed, and to exit quickly, but it requires so many "if"s and it's never happened here before.

The Neighborhood Watch Group mentioned that they saw the foster father obviously distraught, asking people if they'd seen Hassani and running up and down College Avenue when this happened. The canine dogs traveled both ends of Harwood that day, as well as the gas station on the corner, and parts of College Ave setting up a perimeter. Additionally, I've been personally questioned by LE and asked to fill out an extensive survey, even mentioning any deliveries I got that day or people who visited me, listing their names and phone numbers. They seem like they've been really thorough, and I only imagine they've been more thorough with those in the dwellings right beside the parking lot.

Also, for what it's worth, I can't think of a single reason you'd travel surface streets between Fremont and Rockridge. Even with the worst of traffic, you'd be faster on the freeway (due to lights, busy intersections, etc.)--possibly 90 min instead of 30-45. Additionally, this is an largely white neighborhood (at least until you go lower than College Ave or beyond Broadway). People are not bigoted here (quite the opposite), but you would tend to notice someone of color a little more easily.

I'd like to also add that the neighbors who are around during the day are quite vigilant. The Neighborhood Watch has people who see a solicitor, or someone snipping their flowers, and call the non-emergency number for the police. Lots of security systems, and lots of video cameras. I have a hard time thinking if anyone suspicious was lurking around they wouldn't be noticed or questioned by neighbors (I've seen it happen).

Wow, we go from nothing to having so much info we're armpit deep in it. Not complaining though, this is great. Well, actually it's not great, it's kind of scary considering the child caught in the middle, but you know what I mean.

O/T: Won't be here much today, ( my younger son turns two) so I will only be on after I have gotten sugared up kids to bed. I am working on a timeline, though, best I can with the mixed up media, so I should have that done tomorrow evening.

1. That driveway has always made me slightly nervous if I'm walking alone at night. It's easy to duck into and be shielded by that building. Vehicles (UPS, work trucks) do tend to pull part way into the driveway of the parking lot for a few minutes to half an hour or so at a time. Likewise, across the street (almost directly) is a basement parking structure accessible by a lower garage door that goes down from the street.

2. Barclay's, the bar/restaurant across the street, is a busy establishment. However, even the outdoor seating is below street level. IMO, the odds of sitting down there (which I've done) and seeing what's going on clearly across the street aren't great.

3. The parking lot is really small, as the blonde woman said in the news video. Through the archway is the apartment parking area, leading to a street that dead ends. However, if someone had a car waiting or idling near there, or around the corner on Auburn (which does not get much traffic during the day), it would be IMO an easy getaway. You would have to move VERY fast, and prepare, but once you make a turn or two, you're pretty much home-free. You have a much higher chance of being noticed if you go down College than if you go down to the other end of Harwood.

4. That all said, there is foot traffic on Harwood throughout the day, especially as people return home around that time. There is a church across the street from that corner, which usually has people out front, in addition to several coffee shops. The time it takes to round that corner is indeed very fast, especially if you were in a hurry and using a quick pace.

5. His reasons for using the parking lot make sense to me, considering what's been going on in Oakland lately. There is honestly nowhere to park along College Ave most of the time, for about five blocks in either direction. You have to park on the side streets, which have 2 hour parking. However, on Harwood during that time of day, you can sometimes have to travel to the roundabout or beyond to find a spot (even if you look at side streets, too). Lately, the City of Oakland has extended the parking enforcement hours and hugely increased parking ticket fines. My friends have parked in front of my house and exceeded 2 hours by minutes, and ended up with $80 tickets. Minor infractions can set you back as much as $300 lately, as Oakland tries to use parking enforcement to balance its very sad budget.

Despite all this, the only scenario that makes sense to me for an abduction is that someone either heavily planned this in advance, had the help of one or both parents, or lives really nearby (there is a house on the other side of the driveway). It would have to be such a quick initial grab. I do see it as possible to go unnoticed, and to exit quickly, but it requires so many "if"s and it's never happened here before.

The Neighborhood Watch Group mentioned that they saw the foster father obviously distraught, asking people if they'd seen Hassani and running up and down College Avenue when this happened. The canine dogs traveled both ends of Harwood that day, as well as the gas station on the corner, and parts of College Ave setting up a perimeter. Additionally, I've been personally questioned by LE and asked to fill out an extensive survey, even mentioning any deliveries I got that day or people who visited me, listing their names and phone numbers. They seem like they've been really thorough, and I only imagine they've been more thorough with those in the dwellings right beside the parking lot.

Also, for what it's worth, I can't think of a single reason you'd travel surface streets between Fremont and Rockridge. Even with the worst of traffic, you'd be faster on the freeway (due to lights, busy intersections, etc.)--possibly 90 min instead of 30-45. Additionally, this is an largely white neighborhood (at least until you go lower than College Ave or beyond Broadway). People are not bigoted here (quite the opposite), but you would tend to notice someone of color a little more easily.

I'd like to also add that the neighbors who are around during the day are quite vigilant. The Neighborhood Watch has people who see a solicitor, or someone snipping their flowers, and call the non-emergency number for the police. Lots of security systems, and lots of video cameras. I have a hard time thinking if anyone suspicious was lurking around they wouldn't be noticed or questioned by neighbors (I've seen it happen).

I was going to snip your post for quoting, to conserve space, but I couldn't. Your impressions are worth far more than you give yourself credit for. You're helping to provide those of us who can't 'see' your little corner of the world an opportunity to see it more clearly in our minds and we are all profoundly grateful. You anwered so many more questions with this post than you could possibly realize. Thank you. GREAT POST!!

Happy Birthday dear MNK's kid....Happy Birthday DEAR NMK'S kid...Happy BIRTHDAY dear NMK's kid....Happy Birthday TO YOU!
Have a great day NMK. We'll keep ur seat warm for ya.

Thank you and welcome ForensicsFan. We need locals, locals are good and can tell us so much more than media and maps can.

Very respectfully snipped by me:

Very insightful information - the lots of video cameras interests me - do you know off hand if there would be any that would capture whether Hassani would have been in the car when it pulled into that little parking lot?

Eleph ... going to catch some zzzzz's now so will be offline for a bit

I don't know about the peace order thing --- but I just spoke with a friend of mine who's a vet and it takes A LOT to be arrested for "Failure To Care For Animals". He said the person most likely would've gotten 1 -2 verbal warnings and checks first. To be cited AND arrested for this sort of thing, it had to be pretty bad.

How could anyone expect Ross to care for a child when he couldn't care for an animal!

Ross' irresponsible behavior in caring for a pet and irresponsible financial behavior with his business tells us he cannot be trusted with a child. What on earth was DFS thinking? AND why on earth does he want to work with the sick as a medical assistant???? Yikes! mho

Very insightfu information - the lots of video cameras interests me - do you know off hand if there would be any that would capture whether Hassani would have been in the car when it pulled into that little parking lot?

Eleph ... going to catch some zzzzz's now so will be offline for a bit

Nite nite Eleph...thanks for all the sleuthing, it's hard work. Thanks to all those who helped fill this thread with great information and important ideas.

I feel like I could draw in my sleep that part of the parking lot and how to get to the front door of the shoe store. wow!

It would really depend if the first houses adjacent to the corner businesses have video survelliance cameras. Further down the street and sightline for cameras would be difficult. I'm surprised that we haven't heard of video from other shops myself.

Help me out someone, so I don't have to dig through 40 pages of words. Shemika...she's 25, right?

You all might have covered this already, but has anyone noticed the discrepancy between JC's latest interview (saying LR asked her, "Where's Hassani?") and his version (that she asked, causing him to turn to the side and look at the car)? It seems odd that they both pointed to the other person as first noticing he wasn't there and asking the other where he was.

I do think it's very strange he's talking in past tense. When I have lost people who have undeniably died, I find I still use present tense as the shock wears off. And it does seem that guilty parties often use past tense.

Also, while I thought JC was much more believable in the second interview (and crying tears), her first interview left me suspicious. She certainly had a hysterical, high pitched voice and big gasps for air (which are totally expected when crying). However, they were also somewhat too monotone to me and I didn't see tears. Meaning, in my experience, if you are crying so hard you end up in a high pitched squeal, you're unintelligible and choking on your words. There's variation to your squeals as you lose control and sob, and even to your breathing. Something about her first interview left me feeling like it may be a performance. The second one seemed more sincere.

I think the other strange thing is that we're not hearing much about Hassani's behavior that day. I have known people who have lost a child and every detail of that day is burned in their memory. The last song they sang. The last time they laughed. The last TV show they watched. The last question they asked. I find it odd we haven't heard any words a 5yo said to his father who was with him the entire day.

ForensicsFan (hello! I'm new too!), I think we pretty much all agree that LR isn't going to win any father of the year awards - leaves a kid (which?) crying in the car while at the junkyard, supposedly leaves Hassani in/near the car behind the shoe store while he walks around the front, apparently has Hassani dressed in a sweatsuit in hot weather, seems never to have taken the kids outside to play (according to neighbors who've never seens the kids).... ARGH!

And I'd like to pick up on something another poster said waaaaaaay back in this thread - in the interview with the bio-mom, why on earth was there a baby carrier *right there*? It's clear she isn't a neat freak but given that her kids were removed from her at least 9 months ago (right?) I find it odd that the baby carrier is on top of a pile of stuff. If it was my house it'd be *under* stuff (or in the garage, or with the baby!) by now.

What do you think?

(And as a quick aside, about 12 years ago I gave up a well paid job that I hated and now work in a much lowlier - lol - position for less $$ but I'm much happier. It sounds like LR is running away from computers, but thought I'd throw out there that "downsizing" can happen.)

Help me out someone, so I don't have to dig through 40 pages of words. Shemika...she's 25, right?

lol, it's painful, isn't it, this huge thread? Yes, you're right, she's said to be 25 (if we can believe the reporting!).:rolleyes:

lol, it's painful, isn't it, this huge thread? Yes, you're right, she's said to be 25 (if we can believe the reporting!).:rolleyes:

Thank you pudd :blowkiss:

Yes, the thread is the longest I've seen yet and after trudging through it fifty times it gets to be like a five hundred pound weight on your back. I asked about Shemika cuz I think she's Shemika L. Campbell. Boy oh boy, more on that later though. I'm starting to feel like I can't read English anymore. I'm swimming in criminal records.
I wanted to touch on your previous post too, about the car seat. A lot of us found that really odd. But, the thing that makes it even more odd is that supposedly CPS came down on Shemika in 2005 so that was FOUR years ago! Yet there's that car seat, right on top of the heap. When I saw it I almost swallowed my cigarette. Surely she doesn't have anymore children, or CPS woud have probably snatched that one too. Conversely, I suppose that would mean LWR would have been toting three of them around. You know, worlds greatest dad and all.
I just hope someone gets to the bottom of that 'failure to feed' animals charge in 2001 that he never showed up in court for and never bothered to pay the fine. If it turns out that this LWR and THAT LWR are one and the same, I'm guessing some heads are going to roll. If they've got his social, then social services should know about that charge, and as far as I know, he should not be permitted to foster parent a rat with something so blatently negligent on his record.
And the thing that keeps coming back to me, on the heels of finding that charge in Virginia, is that Hassani is five years old, he's only three feet tall, and he only weighs thirty pounds? I realize he has CP and that ( I think) children with CP can tend to be tiny, but that child is the size of a two year old. I have to wonder if LWR didn't neglect to feed him too?!?

I now think that Louis Ross wanted to consult John Burris because of his (Louis) record. JMO. And I also think Louis was more or less feeling that LE was looking at him more because of it. I would have to agree with that. The first thing LE does (as we all know), is look at the person who was last with a missing child, and all immediate family members. LE would have run their names early on.

I have spent time tonight looking at the videos where Louis is speaking and watching his demeanor. He does seem nervous to me and lets out such heavy 'sighs' as he is speaking. It is just my thought that his eyes takes on a 'deer caught in the headlights' look because he knows his story is not making any sense and he really did not cover all of his bases.

For some reason, this guy looks familiar to me. I have to confess that last night I went to Family Watchdog and looked up the last name. There is a Ross II listed on there from Maryland. I absolutely could not get over how much this Ross II looks like Louis Ross. This guy is only 20 years old, tho. I went back and looked at videos of Louis Ross and paused them to get a good look. There is a definate resemblance there. Of course I have no idea if they are even related or not and am not accusing anyone of anything at all. Just thought I would mention it because the two favor so much.

There is just something not right with Louis Ross, IMO. After looking at the videos, I noticed that he tends to put his hand to his face quite a lot and licks his lips very often. My impression of him is that he is very afraid he is going to go down for Hassani's disappearance. I think that there is probably a lot more that we do not know about this guy. I am thinking that LE and the FBI has got his number so to speak.

I sincerely hope that tomorrow brings more news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson