IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there are many possibilities and unfortunately if the focus of the investigation is narrowed down to just the boyfriends then the facts get warped to fit those theories rather than open to other possibilities as well. Also there becomes no other avenues of possible leads for instance yes all this happened but again she was a drunk girl walking alone with no shoes on at 4:30 am if she was also under the influence of anything else who knows? it could have been as simply as a total crime of opportunity. Also remember sometime ago there was a student who accidently got shocked and died in utility closet at Purdue and was missing for several months before being found. I hope for a possible positive outcome it's only been a week and it is also silly to have ten people of interest or suspects as well without anything other than wild speculation I hope it turns out well and my prayers to the family and I hope she is safely returned.

I'm sure glad you think that's what everyone is trying to figure out, because what I'm taking from this so far is that they have been mainly focusing on her being abducted, etc. after the point that male #2 saw her last.

I wasn't being snarky. But I'm pretty sure they have said that the last known factual sighting was where she was at 3am on the alley camera and that they only have several individuals SAYING she was at the apts later than that, but have no physical proof of that. Based on that I would think they would be investigating all avenues. MOO

IIRC they stated that the alley cam basically captured Lauren and CR walking thru the camera's view, it doesn't show them for an extended period of time. I wonder, since her keys were found near the area with the alley cam, if they are able to determine from the video if she was carrying her "purse" at the time the cameras captured her?

I find it unusual that after LS walked with CR to make sure that he got back to his apartment "in one piece" after the altercation that LR or one of the other "friends" did not reciprocate by walking back with her later that night. There had been a fight earlier at her apartment building and LS was probably still "under the influence" and barefoot. That should have been obvious to them. They might not have known that she didn't have her key or cell, but the other "risks" were there for anyone to see.

I've been to Bloomington many times and feel that 99% of the time it would be safe even at those hours. However, given the circumstances of the night, LR and the others weren't helping LS like she had helped earlier.

IU alum might be able to answer this question. Are there a lot of NY kids who happen to end up at the school? I ask because a quick look at the people involved reveal a pretty high amount of New Yorkers.

Lauren is from Westchester
Jesse is from L.I.
Lauren's room mate, according to her Facebook profile info, is from L.I. as well. Another girl who has been named as a friend of Lauren's at school is from a town about 15 minutes away from Lauren in Westchester.
Jesse has several people who pop up with NY HS networks and Indiana as their college.

Seemed a bit odd to me, but I might be reading into nothing. Looks like these kids who were from lower NY an in Indiana formed a pretty tightly knit group.

Lauren, Rossman, Wollfe, Mike, Jay - ALL the kids involved in that night are Jewish. This is EXTREMELY common of the Jewish community in the US and everywhere else in the world - they are a very tight knit community. A lot of Jewish kids only date Jewish kids and vice versa.

This is what makes this case so weird. Everyone involved was part of a very tight knit community.

Even if Rossman and Lauren weren't close friends - they have [modsnip] that bond in common. They also probably have A LOT of friends in common as well.

If these reports are correct, it seems like they MIGHT be starting to rule Rossman and Beth out.

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Police investigating the disappearance of Lauren Spierer were given DNA samples Friday afternoon from Corey Rossman, the Indiana University student Spierer was with the morning she went missing, and his roommate, Mike Beth.
Beth told The Journal News on Friday night that he did give a DNA sample but that he was told by his lawyer not to discuss the case with reporters.
"I just hope that they find her," he said. "She was our friend."

Ronald Chapman, a lawyer for Beth, said his client was reinterviewed by police Friday.
"There was no reason for him not to," said Chapman, who described it as a "wrap-up" interview and suggested police would have no further interest in talking with his client. He would not elaborate. He declined to comment on details of the investigation or reveal what his client said about Spierer's visit to the apartment.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-11-lauren-spierer-investigation-dna_n.htm

I don't think we really know why LS walked CR to his apartment. Looking at his photo, I don't see any obvious injuries (except maybe on the lip) but if somebody punched him, it does not appear to be too serious. We know it was reported he had not gone to the doctor for this supposed concussion.

I don't think we really know why LS walked CR to his apartment. Looking at his photo, I don't see any obvious injuries (except maybe on the lip) but if somebody punched him, it does not appear to be too serious. We know it was reported he had not gone to the doctor for this supposed concussion.

I don't think it was that serious at all. I do think he got punched though. That was caught on tape.

That doesn't really tell us anything about police ruling them in or out.
Only that the two of them voluntarily gave up their DNA samples.
Police did not say they confirmed the account of LS leaving while CR was safely tucked into bed by his friend.

Well, Beth's lawyer said:

Ronald Chapman, a lawyer for Beth, said his client was reinterviewed by police Friday.
"There was no reason for him not to," said Chapman, who described it as a "wrap-up" interview and suggested police would have no further interest in talking with his client. He would not elaborate. He declined to comment on details of the investigation or reveal what his client said about Spierer's visit to the apartment.

"Wrap-up" interview... if the lawyer is being truthful...

Well, Beth's lawyer said:

"Wrap-up" interview... if the lawyer is being truthful...

It doesn't come from the police though but from the defense lawyer, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Once again, I just hope all of these young men will be honest and keep talking to police, with their attorneys, so that if Lauren was adbucted by a stranger, LE will not have to continue to waste time on this group.

If she was taken by a stranger, the trail is extremely cold...

Once again, I just hope all of these young men will be honest and keep talking to police, with their attorneys, so that if Lauren was adbucted by a stranger, LE will not have to continue to waste time on this group.

If she was taken by a stranger, the trail is extremely cold...

Very cold.

With all of the cameras in this area...hard to believe that she could have been grabbed and taken away in a car and nothing was caught on tape. I am hoping they just have not seen the right tape yet. Also hoping that the plate numbers of any cars seen in the area can be enlarged and viewed so they can track down any suspicious drivers.

That's sad... that the stranger abduction theory is probably cold now.

Part of me STILL thinks the events from that night could have just been regular college parties drama and that Lauren could have just been vulnerable for a stranger to snatch her and get away with it.

With all of the cameras in this area...hard to believe that she could have been grabbed and taken away in a car and nothing was caught on tape. I am hoping they just have not seen the right tape yet. Also hoping that the plate numbers of any cars seen in the area can be enlarged and viewed so they can track down any suspicious drivers.

And yet police don't have any images of her going back from CR. I think though that cameras are only facing the alley. So if she didn't take that route she would not end up on tape.

I would like to hear more from Jay Rosenbaum. So far, Corey & Mike have been vocal about not being the last to see her, and we have "reports" that it was Jay, but have heard nothing from him or about him but that he is friends with Corey.

I'm trying to give CR the benefit of the doubt as it doesn't appear he has lied about anything. His lawyer is the one who we heard about the altercation from, so he did tell his lawyer that happened. It's also been noted he was severely intoxicated and Lauren helped him home. We have the alley cam showing the both of them walking thru the camera view. His roommate then confirms they arrived at the apt. and that he put him to bed. Again, seems plausable when roommate sees his condition, hears about the fight, and says okay buddy, enough for tonight, you're going to bed. CR passes out. I don't see a reason, other than the truth, for his roommate Mike to provide an alibi for CR because then that puts HIM as the last one to see her. He then says she went to Jay's apt and it looks like from reports that we have Jay confirming that and seeing her leave about 4:15pm. Again, if CR, Mike, and Jay are all friends, why throw Jay under the bus if she didn't really go there? I think CR and Mike are being truthful.

IIRC I also remember reading an article that said Mike Beth tried to convince her to just spend the night at their place since it was so late, but she declined. Anyone else remember reading this? I'll see if I can find it.

She last was seen on video with Rossman shortly after 3 a.m. June 3 after they left her apartment building. Jay Rosenbaum, a friend of Rossman's who lives in his building at 11th Street and North Morton Avenue less than half a mile from where Spierer lives, told police that he saw Spierer leave his building between 4:15 and 4:30 a.m. and turn the corner onto North College Avenue.

But police suggested they have not confirmed that account, and Rossman's lawyer, Carl Salzmann, said Friday that he thinks Spierer went to Rosenbaum's apartment after leaving Rossman's.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-11-lauren-spierer-investigation-dna_n.htm
IMO, the whole thing hinges on JR's statement, like you Clu I hope they are all telling the truth.

In the interview yesterday, LE said they are enhancing the video (of the alley?) in order to identify the cars. Hopefully this will lead somewhere. I still have questions about the boyfriend and where he was that night, if his car shows up on that video, well ...

Is the alley one where cars could and do drive?

She had to have been taken away in a car at some point...no matter who is responsible. Or at least out of the general, highly-populated area.

As far as Lauren still being alive, I don't see how any of the current POI's, if they are all students, would have access to any place where she could be kept alive, so that is scary. She might have a better chance, and still not great, of being alive if they are all innocent and a stranger is the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82