GUILTY MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012

I missed that detail earlier, another red flag.

The girls being in the same crib tells me it was someone who at least cared about the children. Like they wanted the 18-month-old to hopefully be able to comfort the 6-month-old until someone got home. Could the troubled sister been left alive (if she is not the one who hurt her sister) and taken out of the home, but she begged to put the children together first? It just doesn't seem like something a stranger would do.

MOO

This just came into my mind..possibly the younger sister was attacked and the attacker was not aware that the other sister was also in the home, the attacker maybe forced the younger sister into a waiting vehicle and the sister still in the home put both babies quickly into one crib and got in the available truck to try and follow. Both little ones were in as safe a place as she could come up with in a panic, and would explain why the purses, phones and one sister's shoes were left behind. Just my own random thoughts.

I missed that detail earlier, another red flag.

I could be way off base here being a man.......The first thought that popped into my head was that's what a woman/mother would think to do.

The girls being in the same crib tells me it was someone who at least cared about the children. Like they wanted the 18-month-old to hopefully be able to comfort the 6-month-old until someone got home. Could the troubled sister been left alive (if she is not the one who hurt her sister) and taken out of the home, but she begged to put the children together first? It just doesn't seem like something a stranger would do.

MOO

Exactly!!!
icon14.gif

Or a man, as TTWO says.

Just so I have this right, Ashley is the troubled sister and Britny was the one keeping Ashley in her home, right? I wonder what the dad meant by Ashley having a "colorful" life? What does that mean? Is he saying that her friends were of different races?

How did someone from Ashley's "colorful" lifestyle find out where she was staying? Didn't she just move in with her sister? Was Britny getting fed up with Ashley? Did they get into a fight and Ashley called someone to come and get her? Phone records, imo, are going to be important.

We know at least one of the girls are injured and it looks like they could be injured pretty bad. Hopefully they find them soon.

Where did AK leave to go on 6/29 that she was crying and saying she would miss her baby?

In that situation, I am not blaming Ashley. She may have been irritated if Britny, being the more responsible and taking her sister in, was getting on her case. Ashley could have called someone to come and get her and didn't mean for anything to happen. Depending on the type of person Ashley may have invited into her life that day, maybe Britny was making a big deal about Ashley leaving with that person (drug dealer? Since it seems she had been involved in drugs). Did Britny threaten to call the police? Scream at the person and the person lashed out at Britny??

I don't know what to think.

ETA: One of the girls put those babies in the crib together and I'm leaning towards that person being Ashley. I think Britny may have been the one injured in the house. Ashley may have been injured too, but not before she was able to put the babies together. I don't think Britny would have willingly left her babies in the house alone (to chase after someone). She would have called 911.

Do we know drugs are involved? It certainly seems possible, but I thought that was speculative.

I was more envisioning a scene where Britney was tending the babies in their room ( diaper change, dressing, etc) and upon hearing a commotion involving her sister -who had been sleeping in on the couch -hastily set the other down in the crib while she went to go check? Maybe the 18 month old was already in a bed so she felt safer leaving her in the crib while she went to check. Maybe she never dreamed they would be in there all day?

Also, some kids can climb in and out of cribs when they are 18 months, so the 18 month old could have crawled in there on her own? I guess it is hard for me to think that the two kids together in the crib necessary means anything, though it could, of course. IMO.

Colorful generally is used to describe a life that is varied and interesting- a person who is kind of a character and has maybe been mischievous but not evil. I have never heard the phrase used in the context of describing or having anything to do with racial ethnicity. Moo

Still hoping they find these young women safe and sound!! I will try to stop posting such long posts in the meantime and also apologies to HM for calling him HK in an earlier post.

Just say on fb a post that is disturbing.
http://https://www.facebook.com/kmbc9
it is the last post by LS...how would this person know. Now have to stay up and watch the news.

I hope that's a rumor
icon9.gif

On that same page, a person posted they saw the truck parked on County Line Road Friday morning. No time stated, but it would create a timeline at any rate. Says she left her info on the tip line but LE has not returned her call.

I guess it is not on their website yet, but it was just announced here on our local news.

how sad...all our news said was poi and 2 search warrants have been issued. prayers are going out to their families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back