Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.
arguments (05/07/2012)

12:37 RaffertyLFP: Derstine said McClintic denied walking ahead and not talking to Tori - sez that contradicted by eyewitnesses [via Twitter]

12:36 RaffertyLFP: Derstine said Tori would not have followed a stranger she doesn't know and didn't speak to her [via Twitter]

12:35 RaffertyLFP: Derstine says McClintic's story that she picked up Tori and random and spoke to her friendly fashion not believable [via Twitter]

12:34 RaffertyLFP: Derstine deals with testimony about abduction of Tori all points to McClintic [via Twitter]

12:32 RaffertyLFP: Derstine said Tori had relatives in neighborhood McClintic had ties to mother Was she picked at random? [via Twitter]

12:30 RaffertyLFP: Derstine said Rafferty would not have chosen Oliver Stephens school for abduction if he was masterrnind [via Twitter]

12:28 RaffertyLFP: Derstine said Rafferty would have been more careful about parking car at Home Depot if he was mastermind [via Twitter]

12:26 RaffertyLFP: Derstine says McClintic was "on a mission" when she went shopping in Home Depot [via Twitter]

12:25 RaffertyLFP: Why would Derstine trust McClintic not go to the police? asks Derstine

Such strange statements to make. MR did not call for help either before or after the murder. So does that means he is the engine as well behind the murder? Derstine is making these mistakes left right and center. JMO

I think he is going on the scenario that MR was clueless that this was a kidnapping at that point.

Seriously I am really not seeing where he is going with all of this because if anything he is making everyone think......HE HAD EVERY CHANCE TO SAVE HER BUT HE DIDNT, HE HAD EVERY CHANGE TO COME FORWARD TO THE POLICE BUT HE DIDNT, HE HAD EVERY CHANCE TO TELL THEM WHERE THE BODY WAS BUT HE DIDNT.

Man oh man this is crazy!!! Derstine is giving the crown a bunch of things to tackle and I mean they will stomp out any doubt the jurors have. JMO

Hey Derstine want to talk more about shocking coincidences? How about TS pants missing, or mixed blood with a sperm cell, or MR not recieving texts at the time of the assualt, or MR driving by the schools in the morning ALONE.
Yeah that is a shocking coincidence.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Lunch break now until 2 p.m.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Derstine pointing out more inconsistencies in McClintic's testimony. Focusing now on taking Tori from school

Seriously I am really not seeing where he is going with all of this because if anything he is making everyone think......HE HAD EVERY CHANCE TO SAVE HER BUT HE DIDNT, HE HAD EVERY CHANGE TO COME FORWARD TO THE POLICE BUT HE DIDNT, HE HAD EVERY CHANCE TO TELL THEM WHERE THE BODY WAS BUT HE DIDNT.

Man oh man this is crazy!!! Derstine is giving the crown a bunch of things to tackle and I mean they will stomp out any doubt the jurors have. JMO

McClintic said she was positive she was talking to Tori. Again, Derstine says she put in an Oscar winning performance on the stand.

Jurors going on lunch until 2:00.

I think Derstine better draw a fine line in his defense of the accused child kidnapper, rapist, killer. He's borderline accusing a little girl, the victim, Victoria Stafford for allowing herself to be kidnapped by TLM.

Disgusting!

I think Derstine better draw a fine line in his defense of the accused child kidnapper, rapist, killer. He's borderline accusing a little girl, the victim, Victoria Stafford for allowing herself to be kidnapped by TLM.

Disgusting!

He's just saying what TLM did, nothing against Tori or her innocence. JMO

M980_Court Jurors going on lunch until 2:00....

IMo....

Hey does anyone have a clue how much Derstine will going to go on and on with the same garbage ...we heard this all...and I agree again with post above me from Crazyladi....IMO The crown will rip this a part...MR did absolutely NOTHING while all of US in ONTARIO searched country roads , water ..etc...to find Our Angel TORI....is that an innocent person????....As you all Know this was the LARGEST search ever for a missing child here in Ontario.... ( april 8- July 19)...I am guessing The Crown may not have a chance to start today....in the am tweeter said they may after the defense finishes ?????...robynhood

No he's insinuating that Tori knew the convicted killer and we know she did NOT. Her mother said she did NOT and TLM said she did NOT know Tori.

Derstine is the only one who is suggesting this.

McClintic said she was positive she was talking to Tori. Again, Derstine says she put in an Oscar winning performance on the stand.

Jurors going on lunch until 2:00.

When I watched that video the first time it looks as though TLM is talking to her but the video is so grainy you cant really confirm. IMO

They were all there they heard what she did and what she already CONFESSED to and is serving a life sentence for. He is just boring the jurors once again with unneeded repetitive nonsense. JMO

No he's insinuating that Tori knew the convicted killer and we know she did NOT. Her mother said she did NOT and TLM said she did NOT know Tori.

Derstine is the only one who is suggesting this.

Respectfully, we do not 100% know Tori had not met TLM before. Her mother may have been unknowingly incorrect in her statement on the stand. We may not always know every person that our children have met in passing, while out walking dogs for instance. JMO

The witness that was at the top of the hill waiting for her child, did she say TLM and TS were talking?

Respectfully, we do not 100% know Tori had not met TLM before. Her mother may have been unknowingly incorrect in her statement on the stand. We may not always know every person that our children have met in passing, while out walking dogs for instance. JMO

It is possible that Tori may have seen her walking her dog at one point that doesnt mean that TLM saw her!!! So maybe that is why Tori went with her because she saw her before. JMO

The crowns case was based on actual evidence backing up TLM's testimony so I am hopeful that the jury will not/ can not disregard all the evidence. Derstine has not presented any real evidence to support his statement. They are just statements!! Who will the jury believe ..we will soon see!!

I agree 100% -- the defense has nothing. One witness that testified she saw TLM go into the school, but not come out. So, the best the defense could do was show that there was a possibility that TLM targeted Tori. But that in no way refutes the other evidence. Even if TLM did target - that does not exonerate his client in anyway.

I'm feeling bad for the defense because it must be darn difficult to defend a client when there is nothing, abolutely nothing, to logically explain his behavior, except in accordance with the Crown's case.

I'm going to be shocked, I tell you, absolutely shocked, if the jury does not consider the real evidence and goes only by this closing statement.

Salem

They were all there they heard what she did and what she already CONFESSED to and is serving a life sentence for. He is just boring the jurors once again with unneeded repetitive nonsense. JMO

<modsnip>. It needs to be refreshed in the juror's minds that the "star Crown witness" is a "prolific liar" and has zero credibility. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff