What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the Statement of Facts. What do we think will be presented there? CJBP asked both sides to work together to present him with an SOF by this Thursday...

Both sides agree that Caylee was reported missing July 15.

Both sides seem to agree that Caylee was last seen June 15, Father's Day 2008.

Both sides seem to agree that KC failed to report Caylee missing for the next month.

Both sides would have to agree that Caylee was not reported missing until her grandmother called 911 on July 15, 2008, at which time Caylee's grandmother stated "It smells like there's been a dead body in the d*mned trunk!"

How to build a defense strategy around these bones?

I was just thinking this exact same thing- the title of this thread is VERY complimentary towards the DT. It should say, Do they have a strategy...... not What is their strategy.This is actually my favorite thread. I wish I could stop my life and watch this trial, every minute of it- but alas, I can't. So I'll have to pick up the highlights. The opening statement is going to be a doozy and I hope someone types it here word for word.

All I've got to say is IF the Defense is reading here for a strategy - I hope whoever it is who picked the shortest straw to read has a really really strong ego!

Re: the Statement of Facts. What do we think will be presented there? CJBP asked both sides to work together to present him with an SOF by this Thursday...

Both sides agree that Caylee was reported missing July 15.

Both sides seem to agree that Caylee was last seen June 15, Father's Day 2008.

Both sides seem to agree that KC failed to report Caylee missing for the next month.

Both sides would have to agree that Caylee was not reported missing until her grandmother called 911 on July 15, 2008, at which time Caylee's grandmother stated "It smells like there's been a dead body in the d*mned trunk!"

How to build a defense strategy around these bones?

And the fact that at Friday's hearing Jose Baez stated that the "crime was done with" before a photo that was taken on June 20th.

ORLANDO, Fla. --"Casey Anthony's defense team has revealed evidence they may use at trial next month -- including video shot by a Local 6 News photographer.In August 2008 -- three weeks after Caylee Anthony was reported missing -- Local 6 News joined her grandfather, George, in a grocery store parking lot as he was passing out fliers.About a year and a half later, while reviewing that video, Local 6 noticed a roll of duct tape lying on a table."
snipped
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27591815/detail.html

I think they are going to use the Chop Suey defense. Throw in a scrap of this and a scrap of that, toss it around, throw in anything else that they find lying around, and serve.

I think JG gave a possible scenario the defense will use in his July 31, 2008 interview with LE.
Starting on page 2, line 22
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4629922/jesse-grund-31july-Interview

served it right up on a silver platter.

(regarding something happening to Caylee and KC having a mental/emotional breakdown, putting Caylee's body somewhere and inventing a new reality of what happened to her)

They're going after George . . . and using duct tape HE had while passing out fliers.

Are they serious? Really? Couldn't KC have used George's tape? I cannot wait for this trial to begin . . .

The DT are going to present a series of SODDI candidates, first under the bus is GA followed by JG, TL, etc to seed reasonable doubt that it was ICA. Posters on blogs are seeding topics like GA lied about seeing Caylee on June 16, such that ICA reacted badly to someone close harming / taking Caylee = ugly coping. The DT were going to go with a PTSD hypothesis before getting shot down about how they were bringing it in. It still fits into their strategy though to blame all those close to ICA who have access to Caylee and household items.

ORLANDO, Fla. --"Casey Anthony's defense team has revealed evidence they may use at trial next month -- including video shot by a Local 6 News photographer.In August 2008 -- three weeks after Caylee Anthony was reported missing -- Local 6 News joined her grandfather, George, in a grocery store parking lot as he was passing out fliers.About a year and a half later, while reviewing that video, Local 6 noticed a roll of duct tape lying on a table."
snipped
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27591815/detail.html

I never really thought the DT would actually stoop this low.

I think the DT will be saying the following for a defense. . .

1) kc was raped when she conceived Caylee . . . but attempted to block it out of her mind (hence the statement to CA 'I would have to have sex to get pregnant')
2) kc suffered from PTSD from the original rape, then relived it when she found out she was pregnant from this horrendous event and CA would not allow her to give the child up for adoption.
3) caylee died accidentally - PTSD kicks in . . . kc returns to her life o' partying as a result of the PTSD and she returns to her life prior to Caylee's conception.
4) the domineering parents insisted she raise, care for, and mother the very child who was a product of rape. (hence the tremendous hate kc felt towards her parents)
5) KC could never be "good enough" for her parents and they would never understand that she was a victim (of an alleged rape). . . instead they only care about Caylee.
6) KC actually did have a miscarriage in Feb, which triggered her post-partem depression which in turn made her a raw nerve ending when Caylee died (of course accidentally they will allege) and this is the reason for the bizarre behavior.

essentially an "ugly coping" defense.

PS This post is my opinion only . . . if it comes up during trial as an alleged defense for KC . . . I will be expecting payment for my ideas/thoughts/musings etc. in the amount of billions of US dollars! My thoughts are not available for use for any defense that the KC DT may be trying to manufacture at this very moment. (Ha that ought to keep the DT from using this almost sorta kind of plausible, teetering on the fringe edge of trying way too hard defense for KC's 31 days/disposal/lies/coverup of the death of her daughter).

She only lives for the moment. Imagine just living for the moment.

This post was suppose to be after post 1941, sorry

The observation is that she, Casey, can manipulate, but she is satisfying the moment. If she could think, use real reasoning, she would not be in this mess.

I have a hard time believing that she has diminished cognitive abilities where the emotion intelligence is not there. There is no real inner person who can use insight, so he world is all "out there" giving her drives and excitement that she can't manage maturely. It is sad. He maturity didn't happen and she was enabled by a possive parent. She has tried to escape criticism rather then look inside to find a healthy self. Funny, I have not heard of any mature adult that could relate to honestly. It got that bad for her.

Why is the defense team even going to talk about duct tape that WAS NOT on little Caylee's face? I thought the issue about the duct tape was, there was no duct tape on Caylee's face.....Can't have it both ways DT. Why make a fuss over tape that wasn't there? Oh the DT make my head hurt!

Why is the defense team even going to talk about duct tape that WAS NOT on little Caylee's face? I thought the issue about the duct tape was, there was no duct tape on Caylee's face.....Can't have it both ways DT. Why make a fuss over tape that wasn't there? Oh the DT make my head hurt!

Plan B. The duct tape was not wrapped around Caylee's face, however, if you the jury believe that it was then it was GA not ICA that did it. The spaghetti defense to cover every possibility with an alternative rationale. Black is white but if it is black then ...

Well gee, they even told us there is NO evidence against Casey. What a mess this whole thing is.

I agree! there was no duct tape..but if there was then ....

Also, how can they claim SODDI and then towards the end say, "well it really was an accident." No one is going to believe anything that comes from DT!:banghead:

I agree! there was no duct tape..but if there was then ....

Also, how can they claim SODDI and then towards the end say, "well it really was an accident." No one is going to believe anything that comes from DT!:banghead:

I am so disgusted, too, that the defense seems to be jumping from one scenario to another, constantly contradicting themselves. But your post made me realize that they're doing it with purpose. I think they might try to implicate each and every person we've discussed as being pushed under the bus. . . .

And they'll conclude by saying, "See, Caylee could have been killed by any one of these numerous people; that's why you have to admit there is reasonable doubt." The defense must have decided that the more people and theories they throw out ~ the more reasonable doubt they create. (Pick a number, any number!) It's the only sense I can make of their spaghetti strategy. :cow:

At this point (given what I have seen in the media of late/via the defense): Accuse GA of not only molesting ICA but alleging that he may have killed Caylee + GA taking the
5th in court to sway a jury. JMO.

Won't work. But we all know JB just has to have a SODDI.

JB - JB - JB! Your defendant is a young woman who lived in her parents home, did not work, did not own anything of her own, and the concept of her going into the garage and using her father's duct tape is beyond your thought process?

Let's see, she slept in a bed her parents provided, she drove a car that used to be her brother's that now belonged to her mother but she drove, she ate food her parents provided, her parents fed and clothed her child, she stole thousands of dollars from her parents, and you don't think she used her father's duct tape.

LOL using that theory, especially in your opening remarks!
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Remember how part of the original 'nanny' story was that Zanny said she was only taking Caylee away for awhile, just to teach Casey a lesson. And she would come back by her 3rd birthday.

So I think Zanny is going to morph into some other patsy, like George or Ricardo or the phantom birth father.

If they do that, then Baez can say the compelling reason she partied for that 31 days was because she believed that her child was being taken care of.

The only possible sensible strategy the defense might have is that they are trying to show KC before trial that every single potential avenue of defense is futile, and leads to the dead end of the hallway, and that she should plead out while she can. I could even respect CM if that is what he is doing here, and has been doing here all along.

I could almost believe this if it wasn't for all JB's antics and attitude.

But whatever their stategy is going to be they better come up with one soon. 2 1/2 years and they still don't seem to have one, huge waste of the taxpayer's dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge