Illegal sex offenders being deported

I hope this isn't just a VA thing! It should be country wide!

Convicted Sex Offenders who are illegal immigrants should have been deported upon arrest from the get go, IMO.

It's bad enough we have our own sicko's walking the streets, even after offending, but we don't need every other country's sicko's too.

Convicted Sex Offenders who are illegal immigrants should have been deported upon arrest from the get go, IMO.

It's bad enough we have our own sicko's walking the streets, even after offending, but we don't need every other country's sicko's too.

ITA but most states deem that as a federal issue and won't get involved so basically, when they're done their sentence, they're back on the street.

ITA but most states deem that as a federal issue and won't get involved so basically, when they're done their sentence, they're back on the street.

Horrible people to let fall through the cracks, though. IMO, we shouldn't even spend money to try and convict these people. If you are picked up for a sexually motivated and/or violent crime and you are not a citizen, you should be gone. I know it's not that simple, but it should be.

I agree, and we are more than likely supporting the other countries sickos!

While I agree about the deportation thing, please remember, the country they are being deported back to also has children and the countries often lack laws that protect the children. I do understand *better that country than mine* approach but I also fear for the women and children who have zero protection in the poorer countries.

That is why I believe those who have been convicted of Rape and child molestation should get the Death penalty. Those people cannot be treated or "fixed" and they are not safe ANYWHERE in the world. The moment they decidde to use a 3 year old boy as a sex toy they lost the right to live. Period.

While I agree about the deportation thing, please remember, the country they are being deported back to also has children and the countries often lack laws that protect the children. I do understand *better that country than mine* approach but I also fear for the women and children who have zero protection in the poorer countries.

That is why I believe those who have been convicted of Rape and child molestation should get the Death penalty. Those people cannot be treated or "fixed" and they are not safe ANYWHERE in the world. The moment they decidde to use a 3 year old boy as a sex toy they lost the right to live. Period.

pixies,
Very good point that I hadn't considered yet. (looks sheepish), but at the same time, how can we fix problems for other countries that we can't fix in our own?
I have always felt that S/O's should be locked into an institution together. Let them molest each other, they can take turns being the attacker.

On another, interesting note, new studies show that more than half of juvenile offenders do not re-offend after treatment. It's believed that at a juvenile age, the habits and thought patterns can still be reversed. But that means we have to get these re-offenders off the streets, so their victims stop repeating the cycle.

pixies,
Very good point that I hadn't considered yet. (looks sheepish), but at the same time, how can we fix problems for other countries that we can't fix in our own?
I have always felt that S/O's should be locked into an institution together. Let them molest each other, they can take turns being the attacker.

On another, interesting note, new studies show that more than half of juvenile offenders do not re-offend after treatment. It's believed that at a juvenile age, the habits and thought patterns can still be reversed. But that means we have to get these re-offenders off the streets, so their victims stop repeating the cycle.

I agree with you. They should be forced into an institution and left to their own selves. Sadly, way to many "bleeding hearts" would care about the safety and comfort of the rapists and pedophiles to carry this out.

I think that if you are here illegally, crime or no crime, when someone in local, state or federal government catches you ..you should be sent back.
JMHO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100