Caylee's smile/behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Belle

Reaction score
I've never started a thread before, so please be kind. I've been wanting to mention this for a while, but haven't seen a thread to talk about it.

My friend has been a teacher for many years — actually teaches elementary school teachers and principals for graduate degrees, etc. Last week, he was over when I had Nancy Grace on — and they were showing pictures of Caylee. He knows nothing about the case (I know, what rock has he been living under?) and he suddenly stopped and said, "Whoa, who's that? Those aren't real smiles." Basically, as he watched the show with me, he said that in nearly all of Caylee's pictures, her mouth formed into what she probably thought was a smile — but her eyes were telling a much different story. In others, she seems contemplative. In very few does she look truly happy, joyous as other young children her age.

But he was most amazed by the video of Caylee with her great-grand father on Father's day. He couldn't believe that a 3-year-old child would lie there for so long without moving a muscle—as if she was directed (off-camera) to do exactly as she was told. (Look at her eyes — they're waiting to be told she can move.) Then, after a very long while, she pops up her head and kisses him — but you can tell it's somebody off camera (Cindy, no doubt) telling her to kiss him. I mean, do you know any 3-year-olds who would sit still for that long?

My point is this: God knows in all those hours of being alone with KC (while she was "working" during the day) Caylee probably LEARNED she had to do exactly as she was told — or else. The more I look at her pictures I see sad, sad eyes — and a child willing to do anything to please.

Any thoughts?

There are a number of pictures that I agree, she does not look like a happy child. It has always seemed to me that there is tremendous sadness in many of her photos. :(

I have to admit, I have always found the video at the nursing home both touching (Please Don't Take My Sunshine Away) and disturbing at the same time.

I don't know a single child that would sit on a great grandfather's lap (one she didn't see very often at that) for such a long time without moving. It's very unnatural.

There are a few pictures of Caylee where it seems like she is truly smiling....you know, smiling even with her eyes. Most, though, are a fake smile because Mommy is saying, "Say Cheeeeeeeese". A just "get the picture over with" smile.

I dunno.... lots of kids do fake smiles for the camera. Especially if they're shy.

Do anything to please? That rings a bell. So we have another child raised by Cindy who is willing to do anything to please, not in touch with their own emotions, and willing to be a chameleon.

I could be wrong and my husband to but it seemed early on when the videos of Caylee singing there are different ones or different angles possibly. In one song Caylee gets to the part, "Please don't take nan's sunshine away," she appears to squinch her little lips together and sings it with alittle perturbed facial expression before putting the red blanket over her face. The second angle or possible video she sings those same words very easily with no frustrating look. Could someone help me link to all videos of Caylee singing in the nursing home. I just want to make sure the clothes match in each one and to compare the way she sang.

I agree with you. The first time I saw pix of Caylee, I was taken aback by her smile. Like others have said, it seemed forced. Almost gritting her teeth. She looked like a kid under stress, IMO. At the time, I knew almost nothing about the case.

Respectfully I disagree and yes I am familiar with kids of all ages. I don’t read anything into Caylee sitting still and loving every minute of having her picture taken.

She might be tired, listening to his heart or growling tummy or any number of things. Maybe she was afraid of the nurses. I know I am.

I find many of Caylee's smiles to be a mimic of KC's toothy "fake smile". Poor Caylee, she never had a chance in that family. :(

Do anything to please? That rings a bell. So we have another child raised by Cindy who is willing to do anything to please, not in touch with their own emotions, and willing to be a chameleon.

You nailed it. Well said. I had the exact same thought.

I think her smiles are genuine. In addition, the very fact that she has empathy with her great-grandfather and asks him with such concern in her little voice if he's tired shows that someone taught her how to love and feel for other people. That's a wonderful thing to see in a 2 year old.

The Father's Day video, IMO, shows how thoughtful Caylee could be. She knew that PaPa was ill and that she needed to be still. But, some of her pics do look like forced smiles, and some look genuine. In some, the eyes do look sad or questioning. I figure Casey was taking those pics. In some, her jaw doesn't look quite right, like maybe she was beginning to develop an overbite.

Respectfully I disagree and yes I am familiar with kids of all ages. I don’t read anything into Caylee sitting still and loving every minute of having her picture taken.

She might be tired, listening to his heart or growling tummy or any number of things. Maybe she was afraid of the nurses. I know I am.

I agree with you. I thought that was just precious and not a bit sad. My kids acted the same way. I didn't think there was a thing wrong with her in that video. It was only sad to me because I knew she died right after. :(

I have to admit, I have always found the video at the nursing home both touching (Please Don't Take My Sunshine Away) and disturbing at the same time.

I don't know a single child that would sit on a great grandfather's lap (one she didn't see very often at that) for such a long time without moving. It's very unnatural.

There are a few pictures of Caylee where it seems like she is truly smiling....you know, smiling even with her eyes. Most, though, are a fake smile because Mommy is saying, "Say Cheeeeeeeese". A just "get the picture over with" smile.

I think that if you will turn up your volume really loud, when Caylee is on PaPa's lap, you will hear that HE is singing Please Don't Take My Sunshine Away to her. You can barely hear him, and his kips hardly move, but he is.

I think she was so still because she was listening to him.

Sundance

It appears to me that her "mommy" may have been drugging her for sometime. That is what I see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tTAHDuDiqk&NR=1

She is getting NOTHING in return for her cute little "1 2 3 cheese!" even tho she keeps trying to engage the videographer...no doubt her mother. C & GA videos are much different, they engage with her.

This video sadden & angers me. How hateful & jealous Casey was......

RIP Caylee

I think with the vast amount of pics taken you are bound to see the ones which are "genuine" and also the ones that are forced because someone is probably saying "smile big" The picture in the yellow bathing suit I think def looks forced. I'm not sure that is any indication of anything wrong! I think we are searching to see any little thing Caylee might be trying to tell us in photos because we know that we'll never get the truth from KC! IMO

I think some of her smiles are forced...but my kids did that sometimes too.

But her eyes are very telling. Sometimes they look incredibly sad and other times they're happy. I don't know if it's normal. Knowing what we do now, it's way too easy to look at the pictures and think of something bad that might be happening to her.

I just don't know. Maybe someday we will get the true story of Caylee.

I find myself agreeing with your comments about her smiles. In a majority of Caylee's pictures, the smile never reaches her eyes, implying a false smile. However, I don't see anything odd about an almost three year old sitting still on her great grandfather's knee for that long. I'm pretty sure he is humming (as best he can) to her, and she's listening to the tune. Children are pretty intuitive about old people and other children, and I'm also sure she'd been told in the past to sit still with him, for both their safety.

I find many of Caylee's smiles to be a mimic of KC's toothy "fake smile". Poor Caylee, she never had a chance in that family. :(

Yes, see this also...........CAYLEE had the sweetest eyes...........the eyes
tell more to me than the smiles.......IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members