Hi new to this forum.....my thoughts on the Routier case

yes thier are 8 finger prints one is a smudge that are unaccounted for ..And it is also a fact that the boys were exzhumed because for whatever reason thier was never a finger print taken of either child at the coroners lab not to mention the fact that he failed a poly graph 3 times so bad that the poly grapher himself tried to get a confession from him ..

I had once thought that Darin was possibly the one responsible for the stabbings but I can't see Darlie being willing to sit on death row to protect Darin.

yes thier are 8 finger prints one is a smudge that are unaccounted for ..And it is also a fact that the boys were exzhumed because for whatever reason thier was never a finger print taken of either child at the coroners lab not to mention the fact that he failed a poly graph 3 times so bad that the poly grapher himself tried to get a confession from him ..

But you didn't answer the questions I asked. Where's the blood? Why is there no blood on the exit window, screen, window frame, outside? Why is there no blood where the alleged intruder dropped the knife?

Darlie failed her polygraph too. And don't blame anyone but the Routiers for having the boys exhumed, it was their decision no one else's. They know those prints don't belong to the boys, the boys were killed where they lay, neither of them was in the utility room leaving a bloody fingerprint on the door.

Actually yes i did maybe read what i said again . thier was no intruder period everything is what it is as far as the facts of what happend except it was him not her. It was darin.The killer was in the house to begin with just the wrong one was convicted.

First, Darlie saw the intruder and is still adamant that it wasn't Darin. Second, how could Darin have left thru the garage and still made it back in time to come down the stairs when Darlie supposedly called out? Third, why would Darin put on a black baseball cap to come downstairs and kill his family? Fourth, if it could, by any possible stretch of the imagination be Darin who did this, why isn't Darlie dead?

First, Darlie saw the intruder and is still adamant that it wasn't Darin. Second, how could Darin have left thru the garage and still made it back in time to come down the stairs when Darlie supposedly called out? Third, why would Darin put on a black baseball cap to come downstairs and kill his family? Fourth, if it could, by any possible stretch of the imagination be Darin who did this, why isn't Darlie dead?

If you think about it, Darin could have pulled off a great feat if he were involved in the murders. Say the two of them planned together - after the boys are dead (or thought to be dead) Darin could have killed Darlie and blamed the murders on her, claiming self defense in killing her. He could have gotten rid of all of them at one swoop and taken no responsibility.

That, among other things, is the main reason I don't think Darin was involved until he hit the bottom step and walked into the murder scene.
First, I just don't think either of them is smart enough to outsmart seasoned cops.

Second, I think Darin's complicity would have been more obvious, like fingerprints. There were no fingerprints around the kitchen, that is extremely unlikely in an active home with children especially when they ate at home that night. I know the prevailing wisdom is Darlie is some sort of supercleaner but more likely the kitchen was wiped down after the crime (heaven knows why!). There is plenty of evidence of Darlie in the kitchen, not Darin. For that reason I think Darin's part in the coverup has always been alibis and creative stories, nothing physical. How disturbing is it that he walked into that and immediately took Darlie's side? For me, greatly disturbing that his allegiance was so immediate.

If you think about it, Darin could have pulled off a great feat if he were involved in the murders. Say the two of them planned together - after the boys are dead (or thought to be dead) Darin could have killed Darlie and blamed the murders on her, claiming self defense in killing her. He could have gotten rid of all of them at one swoop and taken no responsibility.

That, among other things, is the main reason I don't think Darin was involved until he hit the bottom step and walked into the murder scene.
First, I just don't think either of them is smart enough to outsmart seasoned cops.

Second, I think Darin's complicity would have been more obvious, like fingerprints. There were no fingerprints around the kitchen, that is extremely unlikely in an active home with children especially when they ate at home that night. I know the prevailing wisdom is Darlie is some sort of supercleaner but more likely the kitchen was wiped down after the crime (heaven knows why!). There is plenty of evidence of Darlie in the kitchen, not Darin. For that reason I think Darin's part in the coverup has always been alibis and creative stories, nothing physical. How disturbing is it that he walked into that and immediately took Darlie's side? For me, greatly disturbing that his allegiance was so immediate.

I agree with you. I too have never thought Darin and Darlie were smart enough to fool law enforcement.

Actually yes i did maybe read what i said again . thier was no intruder period everything is what it is as far as the facts of what happend except it was him not her. It was darin.The killer was in the house to begin with just the wrong one was convicted.

Can you please quote some of the physical evidence that leads you to Darin as the killer? It's not enough to just he was, the D/A can't take that to court, he needs some evidnece DArin was involved.

Right, Cami.

The M.E. who did the autopsy identified and described each wound, but it was (and is) impossible for anyone to say in what order those wounds were inflicted.

In all probability, the fatal wounds were delivered after Darlie came back from the alley and found Damon still alive and crawling across the room. It's the most logical conclusion considering the other blood evidence.

Ok, I'm going to do my best to go back and read the transcripts. Until then, my question, Cami, anyone, is this. Has anyone proposed how Darin could sleep through all of this violence that was going on, even long enough for Darlie to run out of the house to place the sock in the alley and come back, and still have time to finish Damon off?

Ok, I'm going to do my best to go back and read the transcripts. Until then, my question, Cami, anyone, is this. Has anyone proposed how Darin could sleep through all of this violence that was going on, even long enough for Darlie to run out of the house to place the sock in the alley and come back, and still have time to finish Damon off?

Yes, quite easily. Both boys were asleep when attacked. Their house was huge and Darin would not have heard anything from upstairs until Darlie wanted him to.

WE all believe Darin is involved in the staging, but not the murders. In fact I believe the state did a sound test and confirmed he wouldn't have heard anything.

Yes, quite easily. Both boys were asleep when attacked. Their house was huge and Darin would not have heard anything from upstairs until Darlie wanted him to.

WE all believe Darin is involved in the staging, but not the murders. In fact I believe the state did a sound test and confirmed he wouldn't have heard anything.

The boys were caught off guard. IMO, they were stabbed so quickly and horribly they couldn't have screamed out....
Why can't ppl see this???

To turn your question back on you....If Darin (or anyone other than Darlie) committed the crime HOW DID DARLIE SLEEP THRU ALL THE VIOLENCE????
And assumming that she didn't why in God's name would she be willing to go to death row in the place of someone else?
Darin was upstairs...Darlie was just feet away (if even that much!) do you see what I'm getting at here?

The boys were caught off guard. IMO, they were stabbed so quickly and horribly they couldn't have screamed out....
Why can't ppl see this???

I agree. The quick attack, plus there has to the proper amount of air entering the lungs and airways to be able to yell and scream. I think the stabbing and noise that made would have been enough to wake Darlie though and she wouldn't have been left alive either. Both boys were the targets, not her. Darin has supportive family and a mother, so why would he want his children to die instead of a goofy drama queen wife who went through money and caused him problems. IMO, he had nothing to do with it and didn't want any of his family harmed.

To turn your question back on you....If Darin (or anyone other than Darlie) committed the crime HOW DID DARLIE SLEEP THRU ALL THE VIOLENCE????
And assumming that she didn't why in God's name would she be willing to go to death row in the place of someone else?
Darin was upstairs...Darlie was just feet away (if even that much!) do you see what I'm getting at here?

:therethere: I'm not saying I disagree at all, just always questioned if Darin really slept through the whole thing.

I have looked at this case from time to time and often wondered about Darin's involvement. I have flipped every scenario i could think of around in my mind and bounced off what i know of the evidence (not all the way through the transcripts yet) and only one scenario makes sense to me and appears to fit what i know of the evidence.

IMO Darin wasn't downstairs till Darlie wanted him to be. I think she was more then well aware of the acoustic limitations of her home and the fact Darin would be sound asleep till she wanted him to be awake.

What i think supports this is small and simple
-His state of dress: no shirt (to me this suggests he wasn't premeditating or participating in the murder of 2 of his 3 children, for that he would have surly got dressed, no?)

I know a big rebuttal to this is the fact Darin doesn't seem to have administered care to Damon. This isn't telling anything to me other then he has cpr/1st aid experience. One child was breathing and somewhat responsive, the other didn't even have a pulse. The logical way to organize yourself in order to maximize your chances of successfully preserving life would be to administer cpr to the child who needs it and first aid to the other. Since he has first aid/cpr experience it would make sense for him to automatically take on the more challenging job of cpr and delegate the easier job of first aid to Darlie. She wouldn't comply and going to get Karen was a desperate move in order to acquire the other set of hands he needed.

I don't think he was able to question her behavior immediately due to the situation. Although I think after the police arrived he did for a split second and that was what elicited her statement heard on the 911 call, something to the effect of 'someone came in here and intentionally did it'.

IMO Darin only allowed himself to look at her in that light for that split second and it was so horrifying to him he immediately jumped into denial mode. Denial so deep he can overlook everything to maintain it (his level of denial is comparative to Cindy A's IMO). After he made this internal decision, doing things to cover for her became possible.

This is the how his involvement makes sense to me thus far, my opinion only.

The one thing i can never make enough sense of though is the damn sock. :banghead: What was she trying to accomplish :confused:

I think that's a good analysis CC. Almost the same as my thoughts, except I think Darin came downstairs a bit before Darlie was thru with the staging.

The one problem I have always had with this whole thing, is concerning whether Darin was involved or not. By the reports, Devon was not breathing at all. Damon was breathing but his breathing was labored as he was on his way out:( ..... This is so sad and makes me cry whenever I think about it ...... but moving on,

the question is, did Darin ever question Darlie's lack of helping her own children, whether it was during or afterwards. I could see him not questioning during all this due to the chaos. But what about afterwards.

What about Darlie just sitting there on the phone all that time talking to 911, doing nothing, walking around cleaning up with wet towels ???

I mean, since when were wet towels used to stop bleeding??? What adult, especially a mother with three small children, doesn't know better than that? I have never even heard of that.

Which, in the end tells me there are other reasons for Darlie to be wetting towels.....

"The Horror! The Horror! " Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness

The one problem I have always had with this whole thing, is concerning whether Darin was involved or not. By the reports, Devon was not breathing at all. Damon was breathing but his breathing was labored as he was on his way out:( ..... This is so sad and makes me cry whenever I think about it ...... but moving on,

the question is, did Darin ever question Darlie's lack of helping her own children, whether it was during or afterwards. I could see him not questioning during all this due to the chaos. But what about afterwards.

What about Darlie just sitting there on the phone all that time talking to 911, doing nothing, walking around cleaning up with wet towels ???

I mean, since when were wet towels used to stop bleeding??? What adult, especially a mother with three small children, doesn't know better than that? I have never even heard of that.

Which, in the end tells me there are other reasons for Darlie to be wetting towels.....

"The Horror! The Horror! " Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness

Good point on the WET towels; helping the kids was NOT her first thought.

It is easy for us to put together the picture of Darlie's lack of empathy for the boys, but Darin had been living with her for years. Whatever you are immersed in becomes your "new normal". I think he was so accustomed to seeing her strange responses that he was used to it.

A German native speaker told me once that there is a word in German to denote that the more you see something, the less you notice it. There is no equivalent in English. I can't verify the truth of this as I don't know German. But she said it is a well known and accepted thing in Germany. I can relate: my husband used to set things on the counter by the door to remind himself to take them out to the car when he leaves. Everyday the pile grew bigger. He constantly forgot, even as he passed them several times a day everyday. Eventually he just didn't even "see" them anymore. That was years ago when we were newly married and I convinced him his method wasn't working.

Anyway, this is what I think happened to Darin. He saw Darlie's "oddness" every day and eventually came to just accept it, as in "oh, that's just the way Darlie IS". Except that he never thought she'd be capable of murdering her own children.

No one seems to think these killers are "capable" until it is too late. :(

( shhhhh........I have my eye on a few folks though, WS's has taught me to be hyper vigilant, ha HAH)

The one thing i can never make enough sense of though is the damn sock. :banghead: What was she trying to accomplish :confused:

I think she got rid of it because it had he boys' blood on it. I don't think she expected that.

I have looked at this case from time to time and often wondered about Darin's involvement. I have flipped every scenario i could think of around in my mind and bounced off what i know of the evidence (not all the way through the transcripts yet) and only one scenario makes sense to me and appears to fit what i know of the evidence.

IMO Darin wasn't downstairs till Darlie wanted him to be. I think she was more then well aware of the acoustic limitations of her home and the fact Darin would be sound asleep till she wanted him to be awake.

What i think supports this is small and simple
-His state of dress: no shirt (to me this suggests he wasn't premeditating or participating in the murder of 2 of his 3 children, for that he would have surly got dressed, no?)

I know a big rebuttal to this is the fact Darin doesn't seem to have administered care to Damon. This isn't telling anything to me other then he has cpr/1st aid experience. One child was breathing and somewhat responsive, the other didn't even have a pulse. The logical way to organize yourself in order to maximize your chances of successfully preserving life would be to administer cpr to the child who needs it and first aid to the other. Since he has first aid/cpr experience it would make sense for him to automatically take on the more challenging job of cpr and delegate the easier job of first aid to Darlie. She wouldn't comply and going to get Karen was a desperate move in order to acquire the other set of hands he needed.

I don't think he was able to question her behavior immediately due to the situation. Although I think after the police arrived he did for a split second and that was what elicited her statement heard on the 911 call, something to the effect of 'someone came in here and intentionally did it'.

IMO Darin only allowed himself to look at her in that light for that split second and it was so horrifying to him he immediately jumped into denial mode. Denial so deep he can overlook everything to maintain it (his level of denial is comparative to Cindy A's IMO). After he made this internal decision, doing things to cover for her became possible.

This is the how his involvement makes sense to me thus far, my opinion only.

The sock in the alley? I thought this was part of her attempt to lead LE on a wild goose chase .

]The sock in the alley? I thought this was part of her attempt to lead LE on a wild goose chase .[/quote]

It most probably was an attempt at a ruse on Darlie's part. Just two small smears of the boys blood was found on the sock and none of Darlie's blood. And, if the intruder was trying to flee the scene, he chose the wrong way down the alley.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back