trial day 50: REBUTTAL; #152

Status
Not open for further replies.
Egad! I just remembered something from a training someplace. Trauma that is "unexpected" is far more likely to result in PTSD than pain we expect to experience (like the death of a loved-one after a long illness) or events that can be called "acts of god" (the difference between having your home burn down because of arson vs a forest fire).

If Jodi premediated Travis' death at her own hands, then that would not fit into the unexpected traumatic event category. I keep hearing her statement to Det. flores, "I never killed anyone before." But she doesn't say she never killed anything before. So she didn't know whether she was acting the way she should be under the circumstances when she considered the crime scene. But she did know what to expect when she killed him. She expected him to die, just not in such a messy way.

She was no more traumatized by this than if she was chopping the head off a chicken for dinner. (Sorry to put it that way) What shocked her was the fight he put up. Shocked but not put into a disassociative fugue.
WOW - great point. I Love it when someone thinks of something I hadn't considered. Thanks

Dr. DM. Thank you for being honest, accurate, and an expert.

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-jpBA.gif

A post so nice, should be posted twice.
I love the intensity of his look...:seeya:

I love it when the camera keeps rolling after recess.
It's very telling. :woohoo:

Y'all are okay with these questions? I've loved or at least understood the need for almost all of the jury questions before this, but I'm a little apprehensive about these questions.

I'm totally okay with those questions! I didn't find even one of them troubling. I didn't find any I thought were pro-defense. They seemed more like they needed clarifying and the Dr did a fantastic job.

They asked about her experience first. I'm sure after listening to her for 2 days they now know she is more than qualified and working on 75 forensic cases and testifying in 3 is perfectly acceptable. No telling how many cases ALV and RS have done but that doesn't make them any better IMO. They were horrible, non believable witnesses IMHO.

Who would have written that extra part on Samuels test sheet? I guess I'm not following.

I didn't get where Willmott was going with this - aside: sometimes my own handwriting looks different on the same page, from time to time. Don't know why I do that.

Aside from the amount of questions from the jurors this time around, the biggest difference I am seeing, and please correct me if I'm mistaken, the biggest difference is Dr DM was questioned on what she actually testified to, most questions were mainly clarifications. None were directly about her relationship with the defendant. That impresses me more concerning who the jurors got more usable information from than anything else at this point.

Correct. They weren't making her sound like a crazy person like some of the questions asked of Samuels and ALV. There was not one hint of her being biased in the questions IMHO.

Towards they end of their questions about the camera in the wash, I think they were saying "Do you agree with us that it looks shady as hell putting a camera through a wash cycle in an attempt to erase evidence"?

Totally doesn't matter in the "big picture" ...but....imo

Bear=ninjas
Tiger=truth

I'm prolly wrong. Either way....I thought the jurors done good. :moo:

But I don't think in her version, even the 'tiger' represented the truth. Because she was saying that the Travis [ the tiger] was jumping out of the shower to kill her. That was not true, imo.

Again, I liked the questions. The limited number and the content.

In some cases a trauma is a trauma is a trauma.

The jurors naturally want some clarification regarding the number of cases etc. Atleast for comparison sake.

The best part is that the jurors used Demarte as an expert to understand more about JA's behaviour, camera clean up and even Dr. Samuels' writing! They trusted her and asked her genuine questions. No snark like they did with JA/Samuels/ALV.

Thank you Dr. Demarte on behalf of all of us!

Great questions! Not very many which I read as good. They really understood what she was saying.

Unlike some OTHER people we know....:moo::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Egad! I just remembered something from a training someplace. Trauma that is "unexpected" is far more likely to result in PTSD than pain we expect to experience (like the death of a loved-one after a long illness) or events that can be called "acts of god" (the difference between having your home burn down because of arson vs a forest fire).

If Jodi premediated Travis' death at her own hands, then that would not fit into the unexpected traumatic event category. I keep hearing her statement to Det. flores, "I never killed anyone before." But she doesn't say she never killed anything before. So she didn't know whether she was acting the way she should be under the circumstances when she considered the crime scene. But she did know what to expect when she killed him. She expected him to die, just not in such a messy way.

She was no more traumatized by this than if she was chopping the head off a chicken for dinner. (Sorry to put it that way) What shocked her was the fight he put up. Shocked but not put into a disassociative fugue.

Excellent post! What I've been wondering is how is the trauma different if you are the one who planned, created and acted as the ACTOR and not the recipient of an attack or an event.
Even if the killing went far afield from what she planned and was messier, more chaotic and more gruesome, she was the instigator of the event. That has to be accounted for.

I will say the tiger/bear question was BAD for the prosecution and for DrDM
IMO

I actually thought it was a good question, 2 different animals that attack differently, say like if it was compared to trauma by a gun or a knife, 2 different types of weapons. Yes, they are both traumas but they would play out differently, and the subsequent PTSD would have different triggers, responses, etc.
JMO, I have PTSD and was diagnosed 23 years ago.

I really feel like JW tone with Dr DM is has to look catty I'd imagine jury would see this too?

Same here. I realize I'm very biased, but JW's tone seemed over the top catty. She would make little sarcastic "hmmmm?" sounds when she didn't get the answer she wanted. And she cut Dr. Demarte off so many times. Of course, when Juan does this to a defense witness, I have no problem!:rocker::floorlaugh:

An artist practicing their skills so they can be hired to cover Luka Magnotta's trial perhaps. No cameras will be allowed.

Dang...another case I have been following. I will never get back to real life....
The LM trial is going to be a shocker for sure....same with Noelle Paquette--they put the gag on that one right away too. Both seem open and shut cases though---sooooo much evidence!!!!

Oops...sorry for OT

What they didn't ask left an impression, too. No questions about her evaluation of Jodi having a personality disorder, or asking of she sent Jodi gifts etc. In other words, they trusted her professional opinion.

IMO

I interpreted it differently, as if the juror was asking "isn't trauma, still trauma, no matter if it's a bear or a tiger?"

I will be much more comfortable if your interpretation is more correct.

Since I don't have to do any mental gymnastics to make sense of your interpretation, I think it is correct.

I went back and fixed my horrible spelling error . . you guys got me giggling though.

sorry - no offense meant . . . please forgive all spelling errors . . just trying to keep up.

You are FABULOUS .....can't tell you how valuable you are and how much you are appreciated. Bravo, Bravo and Bravo! :blushing::blushing::blushing:

I don't think Willmott scored any points with Dr. DeMarte. Wow. How many other rebuttal witnesses does Juan have on tap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow