17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter if LE has photos or not, you should always take your own.

That's my point.

My point was not about the facts/rumors/speculations of the case, how long he was in custody, or if the photos would be admissible.

I was merely stating that anytime you have injuries or damages, you should take your own photos.

It's just a little advice FWIW.

JMO
K.
Thnx.

:)

--but is "a photo a photo" enough for COURT?

--anyone could go home, do a little creative 'enhancement' of their injuries, even inflict injury ON themselves, after the fact..

--not saying george did this, but i would think pics admissable in court would have to be those taken at SPD that nght and/or those taken by medical professionals immediatley after---that come w/ testimony on the stand, under oath, to explain the (alleged) injuries/pics to the jury.

--"home-made" pics of anything shouldn't be allowed in court, there's far too much that could have been done at home to manipulate the pics or the injuries.
Hope this helps:

http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/admissibilityofdigital.html

I just read the "bloody pulp" story.

"“He took the pictures himself...to protect himself. He knew they would come back for him. He had a good idea this wasn’t over. He’s not a dumb man.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...se-judge-bows-article-1.1063745#ixzz1sRAS0LJC

What the heck?

Is there an implicit suggestion here police *didn't* take pictures of him that night?

If that is so...holy crap! is all I can say.

I thought I read where there was a video of his questioning at the PD that night as well. (not positive about that though.)

Why would he need to take pictures if there were pictures taken by LEO?

And if not, I say again: HOLY CRAP!

JMO/IMO
Well first, bloody pulp = ugly aftermath of a cage fight to me.

I have a hard time believing the photos weren't taken...but we do have some photos, the video we have seen and there is video of his interview we haven't seen.

In the meantime...Back to that released video of of him exiting the police car and easily walking through the police station.
Any bandages at all? No.
Any limping, difficulty walking, need for assistance? No.
Any dripping blood of any kind? No.
Swollen eyes, eyes half shut, any other apparent facial injuries? No
Anything at all that would lead you to believe this man was in a fight? No.

So, if some "photos" emerge that look like GZ just got the heck beat out of him, I'll be calling fake to the high heavens.
How???
Makeup...or good grief, it's not unknown for sick people to manufacture their injuries.

I sure hope this whole photo thing is just a bizarre story.

Did someone mention his wife was a cosmetologist? Hmmmm....

Wow, O'Mara might have just made a really big mistake by asking for a new judge. The new judge is bad to the bone!!!!

http://www.businessinsider.com/kenn...-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-murder-trial-2012-4

Lester's appointment could also affect the legal strategies of Zimmerman's defense attorney Mark O'Mara and Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey. Lester is known to be a tough sentencer, and has a reputation for ruling over his courtroom with an iron fist. (He has had at least 3 defendants taken into custody for showing up late, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel.)

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/kenn...yvon-martin-murder-trial-2012-4#ixzz1sRHL5Fo6

--yep----we also heard:

Orlando attorney Wayne Klinkbeil was an assistant public defender assigned to Lester's courtroom when the judge first took the bench in 1997. Lester, he said, is a very good judge.

He is consistent, a tough sentencer, Klinkbeil said, "very in control of his courtroom, very straightforward with expectations."

--i'm going fwd. hoping for the best! ( but i can't help but have this horrible nagging in my head reminding me of another "no-nonsense" judge in florida , that was thought to be the one to take charge and keep the 'circus' under control...didn't quite happen.)

--of course in this case we won't have a defense attorney playing the "huh????" card every 5 seconds and getting away w/ it.

--go judge ken!!!!!

Another tidbit of information about Judge Lester....

The judge's daughter, Alexandra Lester, 26, a member of the Florida Bar, said she has never saw her father agonize over a ruling.

"He basically told me it should not be hard to make the right decision if you follow the law," she said.

http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.co...dge-steps-aside-20120418,0,3064278,full.story

I think everyone will agree, this case needs a Judge who is committed to following the law.

Another tidbit
In court, Lester is very by-the-book
http://southflorida.sun-sentinel.co...dge-steps-aside-20120418,0,3064278,full.story

JMO/IMO
Well first, bloody pulp = ugly aftermath of a cage fight to me.

I have a hard time believing the photos weren't taken...but we do have some photos, the video we have seen and there is video of his interview we haven't seen.

In the meantime...Back to that released video of of him exiting the police car and easily walking through the police station.
Any bandages at all? No.
Any limping, difficulty walking, need for assistance? No.
Any dripping blood of any kind? No.
Swollen eyes, eyes half shut, any other apparent facial injuries? No
Anything at all that would lead you to believe this man was in a fight? No.

So, if some "photos" emerge that look like GZ just got the heck beat out of him, I'll be calling fake to the high heavens.
How???
Makeup...or good grief, it's not unknown for sick people to manufacture their injuries.

I sure hope this whole photo thing is just a bizarre story.

Did someone mention his wife was a cosmetologist? Hmmmm.....
lol.

:D :D

No worries, it is already Thursday in many parts of the world.

--this article doesn't address george taking his own 'home pics' and whether or not they would be admissable.

--the article deals w/ rules and procedures for LE digital pics.
It does speak to the The Admissibility of
Digital Photographs in Court.

That was why I brought it here.

I just read the "bloody pulp" story.

"“He took the pictures himself...to protect himself. He knew they would come back for him. He had a good idea this wasn’t over. He’s not a dumb man.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...se-judge-bows-article-1.1063745#ixzz1sRAS0LJC

What the heck?

Is there an implicit suggestion here police *didn't* take pictures of him that night?

If that is so...holy crap! is all I can say.

I thought I read where there was a video of his questioning at the PD that night as well. (not positive about that though.)

Why would he need to take pictures if there were pictures taken by LEO?

And if not, I say again: HOLY CRAP!

And the EMTs cleared him in spite of having this 'bloody pulp' of a head?

The 2nd ambulance wasn't needed and was returned?

Will the EMTs testify that they missed these injuries and did a terrible job of assessing GZ's injuries at the scene, where they treated and CLEARED him in the back of the patrol car?

OMG!I wish my mind worked like yours! I never even thought of that!! wow... That will certainly work against GZ since LE didn't feel it important enough? WE shall see!!!

It was an open and shut case, GZ was innocent!

Just curious, but do pics have to be standard or polariod. Can system tell a digital print from a standard print?? Asking cause I have no clue. Thanks.

I think this picture says it all
http://www.wftv.com/gallery/news/local/george-zimmermans-first-appearance/gfdx/#1448758

This is not the back of a head that was repeatedly smashed into concrete weeks before. no scars, no suture marks nothing !
from every time I've had sutures, every scar is still visible, even years after they still exist. :moo:

And I would think if there was photos out there, GZ's 2 friends, dad and brother would make sure the world had seen them by now.GZ would've made sure of that. GZ would've done anything to make this "blow over". :moo:

Lester sounds like a good judge. Much better than I think Recksiedler would have been because I although I knew she had only been on the bench for a short time it was until this mornings newcast that I heard that she hasn't even had a homicide case yet.

I've been trying to work something out in my head for the last couple of days and that is the gun. When did GZ pull it out of the holster? I'm not convinced that he was walking around with it out, but I can't get my head around the story that he pulled it out while Trayvon was on top of him either. And here is why.....(please feel free to correct anything I may have wrong that is already documented as "known".)

The story goes that at some point Trayvon was straddling GZ banging his head against the ground, and that is when GZ got his gun and shot Trayvon. What I have trouble with is how did GZ get his gun if Trayvon was sitting on him in a straddle position?

GZ was wearing a jacket, so, he would have had to get under, around or over one of Trayvons legs, under his jacket if it hadn't ridden up during the physical fight to reach his gun right? The story goes GZ couldn't dislodge or stop Trayvon any other way, but that would mean Trayvons legs were tight against GZ right? I would think the most logical place to straddle a person would be around the stomach/waist?

So how did GZ, who supposedly couldn't dislodge Trayvon, get his hand under, over or around a fighting person on top of him as well as under this jacket to reach his gun? What am I missing here?

Not that I'm proud of it but, I had a gun put in my face..I was 8months pregnant with a 2 y/o in a crib..

As soon as I saw the gun, I punched the guy in his face, kicked him down the stairs and called 911....it was an angry rage on my part since my son was in the crib..I know it was a stupid move but my instinct kicked in..I was in fight mode, angry as hell but the gunman ran like the pussy he was for putting that gun in my face...I think I surprised him especially a gun to a fist..but wrong point to make, huh...:rocker:

Too bad TM didn't get that gun away from GZ...I'm thinking he too would have ran like hell....:giggle:

Wow, I'm so sorry that this happened to you but proud of you for your bravery. I posted earlier that this does happen, and you just proved that. Good for you!

Thanks...maybe I'm wrong but the way I read that, it is for LE and the court to assess the admissibility of photographs of the crime scene.

Also says this:

The principal requirements to admit a photograph (digital or film-based) into evidence are relevance and authentication. Unless the photograph is admitted by the stipulation of both parties, the party attempting to admit the photograph into evidence must be prepared to offer testimony that the photograph is an accurate representation of the scene. This usually means someone must testify that the photograph accurately portrays the scene as viewed by that witness.

IMO, it will be a very cold day in HE!! before Ms. Corey stipulates to accept any photos that GZ took of his own 'injuries' after the fact and after leaving the crime scene and police station.

I've been trying to work something out in my head for the last couple of days and that is the gun. When did GZ pull it out of the holster? I'm not convinced that he was walking around with it out, but I can't get my head around the story that he pulled it out while Trayvon was on top of him either. And here is why.....(please feel free to correct anything I may have wrong that is already documented as "known".)

The story goes that at some point Trayvon was straddling GZ banging his head against the ground, and that is when GZ got his gun and shot Trayvon. What I have trouble with is how did GZ get his gun if Trayvon was sitting on him in a straddle position?

GZ was wearing a jacket, so, he would have had to get under, around or over one of Trayvons legs, under his jacket if it hadn't ridden up during the physical fight to reach his gun right? The story goes GZ couldn't dislodge or stop Trayvon any other way, but that would mean Trayvons legs were tight against GZ right? I would think the most logical place to straddle a person would be around the stomach/waist?

So how did GZ, who supposedly couldn't dislodge Trayvon, get his hand under, over or around a fighting person on top of him as well as under this jacket to reach his gun?

I believe it was because he already had it drawn and did so while he was hunting his prey.

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member