NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my gut feeling, and not worth much to anyone other than me, but I'm going to go ahead and say it anyway...just to vent. It really sits wrong to me that he comments about her coming into puberty and being broody, and then giggles. Just bugs me to no end. And it sits even weirder with me that at the end of the GMA interview he breaks down in these big old tears and goes on about how much he misses her. Really? You didn't see her for days on end when she was alive...NOW you miss her?! Just....ARGGGG!

(End of vent. Sorry.)

I'd like to comment on this.

EB had once described Z as the Dark Child...

EB being female IMO would have suggested to AB about the puberty.

Z may have been a handful for EB while she was babysitting for AB while he is working and Z may have been getting into trouble from EB.

EB may have described the problem as Z brooding, growing up, going through changes, being a pain etc

AB had mentioned and he has been through a lot with Z, that when she is sick he leaves her be.

We would only know that by asking AB where he got the brooding story from but 10 year old's whether they have prosthetic legs and hearing aids can be a handful at times and if EB can be irritated easily Z would have been a thorn in EB's side.

A question for the guys, how involved would you be in the puberty part of your daughters life compared to what a female role model in your house if you have one would be? Like is that a subject you can comfortably hold a genuine conversation about?

Wonder if the copters have flown over that spot? Very hard to tell how deep the water is - can't be THAT deep as the buildings are still showing. If you look at the shadow - the front building is a 2-story and it seems most of the first floor is submerged. So, that would be like 8 - 10 feet maybe? Wonder if there is ANY water there now, don't know when this pic was taken.

I would really like to know if LE has checked this - even if just to fly a copter over it.
IMO it would be a bad place to do anything criminal, because the fresh tire tracks will stay around for a long time in a place like that. The unique soil would show in the tire treads, once parked back in the side yard, too, I would think.

I have to agree with you on that...

Lets just say he is innocent ok Eb must tell him she is being moody she wont come out of her room so he goes along with EB's explanation. If that true i wonder how LONG it really was since the last time he saw her.

He saw her Thursday. No, Tuesday. No wait...Thursday. (insert eyeroll)

A question for the guys, how involved would you be in the puberty part of your daughters life compared to what a female role model in your house if you have one would be? Like is that a subject you can comfortably hold a genuine conversation about?

I'm not a man but I can tell you my husband does NOT approach the subject with our daughter at all. In fact ... last week my daughter was being moody as all get out. I mentioned to hubby to go easy that she's "about to get her period" and his answer was "she already has. Saw stuff in the garbage, but do NOT tell her I said anything. She'd flip out crying. " (and he's right ... she would
)

IMO it would be a bad place to do anything criminal, because the fresh tire tracks will stay around for a long time in a place like that. The unique soil would show in the tire treads, once parked back in the side yard, too, I would think.

I have a close friend who works in the soil sampling industry, EPA type work etc.

Here is his reply when I asked him about soil samples from the vehicles.

You can certainly narrow it right down yeah; They would probably be on it already. the secret is finding the location and then matching the species of tree and soil composition. There may also be soil from a number of locations on the car, and which may have mixed. It would be tricky but as I said you can definately narrow down search options with that kind of data. Still missin then, that sux, hope she is alright mate.

I watched that police officer in that press conference again, the one when they announced a missing person's to homicide and this tough guy, trying to push back the tears. It is overwhelming and you can tell he is a strong man that doesn't cry easily. What did he see or know that we don't that would make him break up so much?

This officer had more emotion on one second this AB has had the entire time!

Z may have been a handful for EB while she was babysitting for AB while he is working and Z may have been getting into trouble from EB.

EB may have described the problem as Z brooding, growing up, going through changes, being a pain etc

AB had mentioned and he has been through a lot with Z, that when she is sick he leaves her be.

We would only know that by asking AB where he got the brooding story from but 10 year old's whether they have prosthetic legs and hearing aids can be a handful at times and if EB can be irritated easily Z would have been a thorn in EB's side.

Sure didn't seem to bother AB to talk about it. In fact, he seemed to find the topic rather amusing. Just sayin'.

But anyway, I'm not suggesting that EB didn't have more of a hand in dealing with puberty issues than AB did (if, in fact, there even WAS any begining stages of puberty, and I'm not at all convinced there was). I simply saying that the what, when and why of what he said on the phone to 911 operator sat wrong with me. That's all.

Years ago I knew a woman she was in her late twenties,she married a man who had a 7 yr old daughter.She ACTED like a great step mom in front of him on weekends, but when she found out she could not have kids she turned evil.She breed puppies, she had a very sick litter she took their diarrhea and mixed it in her tuna salad.The little girl took 1 bite and left it.She then told me she was going to take chicken and leave it out for a few days then cook it for her.Some women can seem fine but underneath they are pure evil.Her husband when told was shocked, he thought she loved his daughter as her own.

Sure didn't seem to bother AB to talk about it. In fact, he seemed to find the topic rather amusing. Just sayin'.

But anyway, I'm not suggesting that EB didn't have more of a hand in dealing with puberty issues than AB did (if, in fact, there even WAS any begining stages of puberty, and I'm not at all convinced there was). I simply saying that the what, when and why of what he said on the phone to 911 operator sat wrong with me. That's all.

I would not have mentioned puberty either but only a complete statement by AB will shed more light on the 911 call.

Has this been posted here before?

Several times during the day, the investigators stood shoulder to shoulder to hide the evidence that was being collected. Crews started the search Wednesday. They've been out here all day today. They were also removing pieces of paneling from inside the home and removing furniture.

One of our lovely ladies posted several pictures with this paneling. So either it has or may have evidence on it or they were tearing into the walls looking for her.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/632026/adam-baker-posts-bond--search-at-baker-home-continues

This maybe the light used in the the pictures at the house interesting it detects blood that has been painted over I think that they painted and that is why they took paint brushes as evidence

Attachments

• Crime_blood.pdf
    135.2 KB · Views: 28

I tend to agree with this, not that I'm excusing the Dad but I agree about the puberty part of it and the stepmom.

I'm back! I had to stay away because DH was feeling neglected and beginning to think that I was obsessed!

I was hoping that today was going to bring some closure after all the evidence collected on Thursday!

DAMN!

But I truly feel that LE has known from day 1 what happenned to poor little Zahra. They are being meticulous and we have to admire them for that.

xx

I would LOVE to think he had nothing to do with any of this but there have been too many lies the way he calls 911 it just all does not add up in my book. How could this man not know what going on with his daughter?
He had to kniw his loving wife was not so loving. JMO

I agree with your last sentence. I think she was in complete control in their house. I think she abused Z and AB and I think AB was afraid of her and didn't dare question her.

A few pages ago someone was wondering about Zahra's bio Mom and custody.
I came across this news article that I had not read before so I posted it earlier today. I'll post it again for those wondering.

snip...
BBM.

Adam, one of their four sons, moved to Giru about the same time with Zahra. The girl's biological mother was not part of her upbringing, family members have said.

Karen Baker told the Bulletin, a newspaper based in Townsville, a large city near Giru, that she was responsible for much of Zahra's upbringing, caring for the child while her father worked in a nearby sugar mill.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/14/1761256/zahras-grandmother-we-want-our.html

Has this been posted here before?

One of our lovely ladies posted several pictures with this paneling. So either it has or may have evidence on it or they were tearing into the walls looking for her.

Is there a photo or a link?? xx

Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat
If you were going to report a child in your care missing, would you destroy every bit of evidence that she was ever even there? How on earth would you explain that?

Sorry - this case has me frazzled and I worded that question poorly. LE had stated for some time they needed a time line, they appeared not to have any evidence Zahra had lived in that house - that is why I have questions concerning wether or not LE found anything with her scent for the dogs to use.

Locals said there were fabric remains left from the fire. I think it is safe to assume LE is not tearing up that yard searching for just "whatever" - IMO they are looking for "evidence of a crime" and possibly "evidence of human remains".

If the fabric was any of Zahra's linens that were on the bed she possibly died on and had prolonged contact with after death (say 12 to 24 + hours) or clothing that she had on at the time of death - would the dogs pick up on the scent of decomp after the fabric sat in mulch and went thru a fire? Or would the scent from the fire and/or mulch override the original odors in the soiled fabric?

The mattress found in the land fill - after three weeks covered by "whatever" - is there any possibility of using it for the scent? Or is the value as evidence going to be if this was where Zahra possibly died and could have evidence she bled out from a head wound or decomp if she was left on it for a number of hours after death?

If Zahra's clothing had been washed and as it appears, the mattress she slept on was removed - so it is possible the mattress found in the home was one that Zahra never had any contact with - where else would LE find something unique to Zahra to give the dogs her scent? Communal furniture that anyone in the home had used would not work - or will it?

When are they going to charge EB, AB or both with capital murder? I mean it is ruled a homicide, it is clear she wasn't kidnapped, nobody has seen her and even the legal guardians own statement shows they were the last to see her (even if that timeline is off) They should have enough to CHARGE someone now!

[snipped]

I'm not a guy, but I do have a hubby and three daughters, two of whom are teenagers, so I can attest to his reactions FWIW--

He is completely comfortable addressing those issues with the girls and even goes to buy 'supplies' if necessary [and that includes chocolate occasionally]. I'm confident that if I died tomorrow, he could raise these girls very healthily all on his own, emotionally speaking. However, I think he's far from the norm (and I'm super lucky). On the other hand, there are some subjects that he is clearly uncomfortable with, and rarely will discuss with them. I think it depends, but I have known guys who don't even want their wives to tell them second hand ANYTHING about their adolescent daughters' "women issues". Just my thoughts, again, FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member