CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are birthday signs and notes in chalk at Jessica's park today. My friend ran into her family there and they said they are burying her today as well. Happy birthday sweet girl. Rest in peace.

There are birthday signs and notes in chalk at Jessica's park today. My friend ran into her family there and they said they are burying her today as well. Happy birthday sweet girl. Rest in peace.

I read about that. May she finally rest in peace.

I don't really think there needs to be a venue change. Just to give two examples, Samantha Runnion and Danielle Van Dam were both high-profile cases, and their trials were held in the same county. I feel like with high population counties, it's more likely that the trials won't move, because it seems more likely that you could find 12 people who aren't biased. Another reason is that after Austin Sigg was arrested, there really wasn't much coverage from that point on specifically screaming that he's the killer. There were a few days of intensively looking into his background, but it's not like there have been months/years of reporting on everything about AS. I feel like the majority of recent coverage is about the park, and there really isn't much coverage anymore at all. I know that it's because of closed hearings and I think there's a gag order...but if it continues at this quiet level until the trial in probably 2-3 years, I don't see why they couldn't stay in Jefferson County. I know that media coverage in the area was unavoidable for a couple of months, but by the time the trial starts, it will be years since the case was a regular fixture on the news, so I think they can find unbiased jury members. And just because you live in JeffCo doesn't mean you followed every detail of the case.

I also don't follow this case, but I think whether or not James Holmes gets a venue change could affect whether Austin Sigg does. I could see see both the prosecution and defense using the decision in the Holmes case to justify their view about the Sigg case.

Anyway, I am 100% sure that the defense will request a venue change, but I wouldn't be surprise at all if they aren't granted it.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/3...ow-facing-child-*advertiser censored*-charges

I did not think it could get more disturbing... 3 counts of child *advertiser censored*

The reporters can only use electronic devices during breaks to update the news, I read. Not inside the courtroom.

graphic

On Oct. 7, Lopez says they found the backpack connected to Jessica. Inside the backpack, they found boots, prescription glasses, jeans, winter gloves, a tie-dyed T-shirt, a water bottle and Jessica's underwear. According to Lopez, police found "touch DNA" inside her underwear. That DNA matched a sample taken from the Kepner Lake incident where a jogger was attacked and the suspect was never found.

Lopez also recalled the day Jessica's body was discovered. Workers picking up trash found the torso of a small, white girl. There were no arms, no legs and no head attached to the torso. DNA found on Jessica's torso was compared to the DNA found on the water bottle from the backpack. It was a match.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/318631/339/1st-witness-against-Sigg-testifies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member