2011.05.28 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following the full time, and I had never heard this before! Did we know this? :confused:

Nope. We sure speculated that that was indeed what had happened. Seems like Occam's Razor strikes again -

Editing this in light of some corrections down thread - Cindy indicated that monday was a bad day for her to try to watch Caylee since she had staff mtgs, etc. She took the call from ICA who told her that they were "crashing at Zannies." These were independent of each other and not necessarily cause and effect (though I think ICAs knowledge of CAs schedule might well make the case for that...)

I thought about starting a thread about this but decided that it should wait until we know more about the motion and what it entails. Any ideas at this point in time? Obviously, the DT already objected, so it likely has something to do with Casey's case.

Whatever the Lippman's Motion was .... the Judge asked if there were any objections to it, "before he SCHEDULES it" !! So, it is something that Lippman (Cindy and George) is asking the Judge to "schedule" for them. The State has no objection to it, but the Defense sure does object. Wonder what the Judge will "schedule" for the Anthonys? The Judge cannot force the Inmate to visit with her parents in the jail video system, so the Judge would not be "scheduling" a jail visit .....Wonder if the Anthonys are asking for the Judge to schedule an independent mental health exam of their daughter? Could the Judge do that?

Cindy and George have more than likely felt every emotion since 7.15.08 other than happiness. They were so missing that in their life that they were so desparate for it and sought it out in the acceptance of Casey even it was a visit in jail, a smile from the courtroom, etc. I could not nor do I ever want to know that feeling.

IMO the biggest revelation from CA testimony is -- on June 16th the flurry of phone calls CA received at work from ICA - was ICA looking for a sitter - and one of the only few times CA said "NO" - ICA gave CA the ultimate punishment for that ...and CA will have to live with that for the rest of her life

That is not what Cindy said happened... she stated she had a brief conversation around 4pm with Casey where Casey advised her Caylee would be staying overnight with Zanny .....

At the 22 minute mark:

http://www.wftv.com/video/28058702/index.html

Thank you
all who corrected me about the Lippman motion. :seeya:

I heard it wrong and I'm so relieved!

:hot:

just so y'all know I'm not heartless I have cried for Caylee! * still numb to CA& that may change.

Whatever the Lippman's Motion was .... the Judge asked if there were any objections to it, "before he SCHEDULES it" !! So, it is something that Lippman (Cindy and George) is asking the Judge to "schedule" for them. The State has no objection to it, but the Defense sure does object. Wonder what the Judge will "schedule" for the Anthonys? The Judge cannot force the Inmate to visit with her parents in the jail video system, so the Judge would not be "scheduling" a jail visit .....Wonder if the Anthonys are asking for the Judge to schedule an independent mental health exam of their daughter? Could the Judge do that?

Think- there's a bit of a discussion on this in the ask the lawyer thread - a few folks, myself among them, felt HHJP was asking about scheduling the motion to be heard...

FWIW - I can see the potential in your hypothesis

Think- there's a bit of a discussion on this in the ask the lawyer thread - a few folks, myself among them, felt HHJP was asking about scheduling the motion to be heard...

FWIW - I can see the potential in your hypothesis

That makes sense ... as soon as the Defense said they object, then the Judge did say, "OK, I will hear it Tuesday at 8:30am" .. which would be "scheduling" the Motion to be heard on Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Turnadot
For the first time since the 911 call, I empathised with Cindy today. She wanted to do right by Caylee, and she did, but what seemed clear to me is that she also wanted to help her daughter. She still wanted to, even after she accepted the truth. I can certainly understand not wanting to help sink the needle in. Baez's defense strategy made helping KC impossible. Cindy looked torn apart on the stand today, and I couldn't help by cry for her.

I do not have sympathy for Cindy, and did not want to cry with her today ... but I did.
At the same time though, I thought she was overacting the tears a bit when she looked at Caylee's bed and Caylee's playhouse and sand box and toys ... it's not like she hasn't seen all of these things, up close and personal EVERY DAY of her life since June 16th ... it's not like she was just seeing these things that remind her of Caylee for the first time in a long time .... does she cry like she did on the stand EVERY DAY at home when she sees Caylee's things???? Just sayin ....

oh, and when she asked the Judge if they would remove the photo of Caylee on the monitor because she would get upset when she looked at it and didn't want to cry .... that was a bit much IMO. She has photos of Caylee allll over her home that she sees every day!!!! George took a small photo of Caylee to the witness stand with him the first day he testified.
I disagree. IMO, there's a marked difference between seeing these things in the quiet of her home and seeing them at her daughter's murder trial. Context. Grief is funny like that.

Will the jury be able to hear about Casey stealing from her friends and family?

Esp. from Little Caylee's Piggy Bank?

I kind of half way agree with you, but think of it this way - the jury NEEDS to see Cindy that way to be more angry with Casey and assign more guilt to her. And honestly, the SA is brilliant with their questioning. If anyone has to bring up anything ugly, it will have to be the defense. And with the foundation the SA is laying, it's not going to be believable at all if the defense is the only one bringing it up. It gives more credence to the SA. They are not going dirt digging here, they are going with facts and evidence. The defense is going to come off as shady, whiny, aggressive, dirt diggers with nothing but gossip and lies to defend Casey with. Absolutely brilliance on the SA's part!

So anyway, I'm okay with Cindy looking like a broken grandmother. She actually is one, though I do think she's still caught up in appearances. Honestly, all the venom and bile from her and GA do not go towards what this trial is about - the death of Caylee and who killed her. That is the most important thing. As much I still am leery of them, there's just no need to bring anymore ugliness into that courtroom. The important thing is to focus on Casey and who she really is and what she really did to a defenseless, precious child. That is enough for me. And I never thought I would say that, but it's true.
We are on similar pages ... it's simply amazing what Linda has the capacity to do. To turn your adversary into an ally is just brilliant. CA will be CA no matter what. Both CA and GA are in self-preservation mode and if it angers ICA into masive out breaks of rage, oh well.

Whatever the Lippman's Motion was .... the Judge asked if there were any objections to it, "before he SCHEDULES it" !! So, it is something that Lippman (Cindy and George) is asking the Judge to "schedule" for them. The State has no objection to it, but the Defense sure does object. Wonder what the Judge will "schedule" for the Anthonys? The Judge cannot force the Inmate to visit with her parents in the jail video system.....
Wonder if the Anthonys are asking for the Judge to schedule an independent mental health exam of their daughter? Could the Judge do that?

My understanding of that transaction was that HHJP asked the State if they objected before he scheduled it for a hearing, they did not, then he asked the Defense and they did object. I think that HHJP anticipated the Defense objecting and thus set (scheduled) the hearing for Tuesday morning.

That WILL be the hearing--he is not setting a hearing time for Tuesday just to schedule another hearing time in the future. The Motion filed by Mr. Lippman will be heard on Tuesday morning.

Will the jury be able to hear about Casey stealing from her friends and family?

Esp. from Little Caylee's Piggy Bank?

I would be surprised if they don't bring up the stealing soon. Maybe they will start the stealing incidences with Amy and than go to Cindy's mom, Lee and of course Cindy.

OT

Tornado sirens in southern Twin Cities.....in the basement now. Grabbed my laptop. Websleuth addict.

Bethany Marshall? Is that YOU? lol :rocker:

I want to insert something I think a profiler or shrink might say in reference to casey's spending the entire day after casey was last seen alive the 16th....in bed with Tony.

Mania, and hyper sexuality due to the excitement from killing her baby.

Narcissitic psycopath.

I was crying...so I guess the pics could have done the trick.

Folks...when you have lost someone...there are so many "triggers"...her crying IMO shouldn't be judged. This must have been such an emotionally trying day for her. Regardless of how she has behaved before, today reality smacked her in the face hard. She is testifying for the first time in the 1st degree murder case of her daughter.
JMVHO
yes, I think she finally gets it.

ok. I agree, I wasn't feeling her pain. While I no longer believe CA is involved she still lives in the home and wears pictures of Caylee on her braclet. Pictures alone shouldn't elicit tears. Maybe having to speak and describe the crib, playhouse etc did.
MOO
I think it was the pic of Caylee's bed that set her off. But Casey didn't change expression.

The fact that TL testified that he went to sleep and caylee was in the bed, woke up and caylee not there, inquired and ICA stated her Mom called and wanted her home, and the fact that records shows that CA, GA, and LE tried to climb mountains to find he and None of ICA friends or acquaintances had seen Caylee has not gone over the Jury's head! MOO

Do you know what date TL said this was?

I have been following the full time, and I had never heard this before! Did we know this? :confused:

Wow! I missed part of Cindy's testimony. Thanks for posting that. I had always thought maybe that was what all the phone calls were for. She wanted to go out. Caylee was a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288