LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the "Find Mickey Shunick Now" FB Page:
ATTENTION: regarding the recent news of the finding of Mickey's bike: AS OF NOW THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR. REMEMBER TO ONLY TRUST VALIDATED SOURCES OF INFORMATION: THE LAFAYETTE POLICE OR THE SHUNICK FAMILY.

This only creates discomfort and hardship for all involved. DO NOT BELIEVE THE MEDIA UNLESS IT HAS COME FROM THE FAMILY.

Not sure but I'm downloading Google Earth right now so I can post where it is.

Yes, it is about 20 miles East of Lafayette, with the Wildlife area.

Highly doubtful, Buns is only open during lunch hours and is ran only by an older man and his wife. This parking lot is shared with the Pizza Hut. Anyone in this parking lot waiting would simply be to conspicuous.

HER BIKE HAS BEEN FOUND NEAR THE BASIN! NOT GOOD YA'LL....

Oh, I could swear that someone said Buns was a place to go after hours. :waitasec:

Ugh. Not good.

Wonder what condition the bike is in...could it show signs of a car accident?

Exit 127 on I-10:

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=I-10+Lafayette,+LA&ll=30.367173,-91.631384&spn=0.028067,0.040169&hq=I-10&hnear=Lafayette,+Louisiana&t=h&fll=30.370728,-91.625547&fspn=0.028066,0.040169&z=14"]I-10 Lafayette, LA - Google Maps[/ame]

:please:

Let this discovery turn into something positive - BRING MICKEY HOME NOW!

:grouphug:

Yes that was my first impression too - that the white truck is pulled over on the opposite side of the street from the car.
Of course, there's no way to be 100 percent sure if that's the case. Or, maybe there is via video.

The car caught in the picture is heading towards the intersection of St. Landry and St. Mary. The truck caught on video seems to me to be making a right turn onto St. Landry from St. Mary.

I am very concerned with the truck that took a left onto W. University. As I have stated before, it is a strait shot to I-10 after making that left turn.

From the "Find Mickey Shunick Now" FB Page:
ATTENTION: regarding the recent news of the finding of Mickey's bike: AS OF NOW THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR. REMEMBER TO ONLY TRUST VALIDATED SOURCES OF INFORMATION: THE LAFAYETTE POLICE OR THE SHUNICK FAMILY.

This only creates discomfort and hardship for all involved. DO NOT BELIEVE THE MEDIA UNLESS IT HAS COME FROM THE FAMILY.

I seriously doubt that KATC would have posted that unless it was confirmed. I know the family has hope, but denial could also be a factor. I'm not saying this in a bad way at all.

It's in the middle of the Atchafalaya Basin...it's a 19 (17? 19? Something like that) mile stretch of swampland that I-10 crosses via bridge. It has several exits and fishing access spots.

I seriously doubt that KATC would have posted that unless it was confirmed. I know the family has hope, but denial could also be a factor. I'm not saying this in a bad way at all.

More from fb; The newest information from KATC-3 is COMPLETELY unconfirmed by the police, the Shunick family, and EQUUSearch. It is not only false but damaging to the entire search efforts, the generous volunteers, and Mickey herself. It appears to show a lack of professionalism by the media outlet concerned.

About 25 miles. They are reporting the bike found at I-10 Exit 127, Lafayette (via University Ave) is 101.

With this news, I just can't describe that feeling in the pit of my stomach at the moment, as I am sure you all feel. So guys, lets look at this side of it... if so, at least now we have another 25 miles worth of cameras to find and videos to view! That is the only positive I can pull out of it. :(

From that photo...if she is in that area, how on earth will they find her...

Oh, and I don't deny that you're probably correct, just sharing more information.

Stand prepared to bring over MSM links on recent possible developments to Thread #5, will have it up in a jiffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23