GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone..

Poor wee Noah....What a horrible ,tragic passing.

Thankyou everyone on here for all the info,links etc

I noticed in some comments on a newslink that was posted here on WS, on the day when Noah was found, that some people had been commenting to look in the septic tank or a well...seemingly they had commented a few times , well before he was found.....so maybe they phoned the tip line.

Link to news report and comment section .. MCB comment -march 26- 8.08pm
http://www.southwesttimes.com/2015/03/breaking-news-noah-thomas-residence-under-lockdown-3/

Hi Everyone..

Poor wee Noah....What a horrible ,tragic passing.

Thankyou everyone on here for all the info,links etc

I noticed in some comments on a newslink that was posted here on WS, on the day when Noah was found, that some people had been commenting to look in the septic tank or a well...seemingly they had commented a few times , well before he was found.....so maybe they phoned the tip line.

Link to news report and comment section .. MCB comment -march 26- 8.08pm
http://www.southwesttimes.com/2015/03/breaking-news-noah-thomas-residence-under-lockdown-3/

I read the comments. So sad. I didn't know the dogs lost his scent at the road. That makes sense.
BBM - Did you mean the comment at 4:08? I couldn't find one for 8:08..

This is purely rumor because it came from comments after a news article. A woman wrote in twice that the tip came from a man who had lived in the area before and had been thinking of a place a child could disappear to and he thought of the septic tank. He then called that in as a tip. I don't know if this is true or not but some woman posted this twice after a news article about the case.

A hard and credible tip can be a passerby reporting suspicious activity in the area of the septic tank when they drove by on Saturday night. Or, it could be someone reporting that the _____'s boots were caked with mud or smelled when they came to work. Or, a tell tale item left or comment made at a job. Or, a missing hex tool from the workshop/toolbox, one that would be used to open a septic lid. It doesn't have to be that the tipster knew that the body of Noah was in the tank but rather could be something that led them to zero in on the tank.

I agree - a hard and credible tip could be ANYTHING - even a rescue worker talking to a neighbor. The rescue worker says "we even looked in the septic tank, because the tank cover seemed slightly askew and the neighbor says well THATs weird, I was there on the property on Saturday afternoon and I also noticed it was askew so I tamped it back down so it fit securely". That's hard and credible. It was askew Saturday meaning someone was messing with it, it was fixed, and it was askew again Sunday afternoon. Hard and credible doesn't even indicate foul play.

Or another kindergarten mom says her child had a playdate over there last weekend and Noah showed him how to lift the cover and look in.

I don't know. A speculative tip e.g. "i think LE should look in the septic just in case" isn't a hard tip IMO. It's definitely good thinking. A hard and credible tip would be very specific and include times and details. JMO

Won't it be interesting when we finally DO hear what this tip was? The imagination takes us all over the map -

I have a 2 and half year old nephew whom I babysit during the day while his parents and my mom work. He has figured out how to unlock and open our front door! Aunt Mar is on high alert when I have him during the day. He is too smart for his own good! Luckily we have a gate where our steps our that lead to the door so if he gets that gate down I am able to hear it. Our living room/back room area is all right there. It is rather small so if I am on the computer which is located in the backroom where his toys are I can still see/hear what he is doing if he is in the living room. Although my view is obstructed a bit when on the computer if he is over by the gate/front door since that area is more to the right. If he's more towards my direction I see him fine. If I am on the computer then I def have to put listen out for him getting through that gate! Which he has done before and peaced out upstairs! Lol! but the one day he was playing with his little Thomas bike and he came in and said "Leaving" and I said "Okay bring me back a present" next thing I know he has the gate down and front door open. I was right there but I locked the door he did it AGAIN got in and the door was open. Finally I fixed the gate so he couldn't get through it. LOL

Just a quick note: Home Depot or even Walmart sells these cheap "alarms" that are contact driven and about an inch by an inch. One part goes on the door edge and the other goes on the door casing. We had them at the tops of our doors and when the door would open and the contact would break, the alarm would sound. It's not a substitute for supervision, but it would give some peace of mind with a toddler who can unlock doors! They use the same sticky stuff as those release strips, so it can easily be removed once he's older.

We've seen those alarms too. Would be great for houses with sleepwalkers.

From what I can gather and put together, the mom was okay with him going outside on his own and playing in his yard by himself.

I read the comments. So sad. I didn't know the dogs lost his scent at the road. That makes sense.
BBM - Did you mean the comment at 4:08? I couldn't find one for 8:08..

Sounds like the same comment , lost scent at the road.
Definitely showing 8.08 here (UK)...but could be the timestamp differences with FB commenting.

From the photos of the property, is the area with the septic blocked from view from the trailer by other structures or large items?

My son has Autism. I have those alarms and bungee cords around the gate just in case

the tip is interesting. Wish we knew more about the specific wording. "He is in the septic tank" is very different from "hey, are you guys aware there is a septic tank? Has anyone thought to check it" KWIM?

I am noticing something in the pics which I hadn't noticed before..
If you look at the overhead pic of the property.. you can see where the mobile home is.. way back it seems...
The area with that out-building with a green roof and the red building with the wheels.. it seems to be more directly beside the white house at the front of the street...
Then there seems to be a garage and other things..
and the yellow tape..
Is it possible that the white pipe coming out of the ground closer to where the mobile home is, is NOT where the septic was pumped?
I am having difficulty kind of piecing together 'perspective' to give a realistic view of where the septic was in relation to the house in relation to the other things nearby..
I'm wondering if we have been looking at the wrong part of the property.. that the area in question may be closer up to the street.. closer to the house at the front, than to the mobile home where the family lives..
I'm wondering if what I'm thinking is correct about the 'area in question', then how would *anyone* get a body in there without being seen.. and.. if it is closer to the road.. then is it possible that an outsider could have been involved.
Can someone with more mapping skills take a look at the various pics to see if there is any merit in what I think I'm seeing?
Pay particular attention as well, to where the yellow tape is?
Something just seems off to me, about where I have been thinking the septic is. If the septic is up closer to the road, and closer to the other house at the street, then how could someone dispose of a person there without being seen?
There are more pics around.. but here are some:

Noahoverhead.jpg

Noahredbldgperspective.jpg

7258313_G.jpg

Just so that everyone is aware.. the timestamps on FB will appear according to the viewer's own timezone settings. For example, if you are not on EST the same as the people in VA, and say you are in California.. you will see timestamps as 3 hours earlier, so have to account for whichever timezone you are in before searching for a particular timestamped comment.

Sounds like the same comment , lost scent at the road.
Definitely showing 8.08 here (UK)...but could be the timestamp differences with FB commenting.

Do you think we'll really hear about the tip?

If it was a neighbor who observed something that they didn't report until the timeline opened up to support it, then no I don't think we'll hear. The tipster is getting blasted all over social media for providing the tip hours after the $5,000 reward was offered.

If the tip came from someone who was somehow involved, then I think we'll hear and that they will face charges, as well.

I think LE moved the sheds around to access the septic but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86