SC - Parents charged after 6 kids found infested with bugs, living with pigs

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.live5news.com/story/2614...er-6-kids-infested-with-bugs-living-with-pigs

An Upstate man and woman are facing charges after officers found their six children living in filth, covered with fleas, lice and bug bites, according to the Wellford police

The officers said that there was animal feces and urine on the floor, and roaches were all over the walls and floors. Investigators said there were roaches and other insects all over the kitchen, including inside the stove and the refrigerator.

According to police, the bathtub was half filled with water and dead roaches and insects were floating in it.

41-year-old Jarrod Wiggins and 22-year-old Deanna Boubaris, were arrested and charged with six counts of child neglect

I hope those two never get these precious babies back. This is unbelievable. smh

How can anyone live like that?!?! Those poor children! :( So glad they have been taken away

22 yrs old with 6 kids ? If her youngest is 23 months as reported, she had all 6 by the time she was approximately 20 yrs.

Lord have mercy.

22 yrs old with 6 kids ? If her youngest is 23 months as reported, she had all 6 by the time she was approximately 20 yrs.

Lord have mercy.

She had no time for cleaning and basic hygiene, but she had plenty of time for breeding. :facepalm:

Lord have mercy.

Not to mention that her hubby, who is almost twice her age, was probably committing a felony when he got her PG with the oldest kids, assuming they're all her biological kids! So young - you might be able to argue that she didn't know better, but HE is middle aged and there is no excuse!

Not to mention that her hubby, who is almost twice her age, was probably committing a felony when he got her PG with the oldest kids, assuming they're all her biological kids! So young - you might be able to argue that she didn't know better, but HE is middle aged and there is no excuse!

I agree. Kudos to the church camp workers for stepping in. The mother may be as much a victim as the children. I think for every case that comes to light, there are dozens more hidden. What a shame.

Sounds like they all lived like that.
I would be curious to see if a swarm of people went in, cleaned and sanitized the place, exterminated the crawlers...and taught them
Basic living skills if it would make a difference.

Were the parents broke? Depressed? Addicted? Low functioning?

Sorry, was speculating too much. But yes, a scary profile pic!

Seems like both parents are "juggalos" - ICP fans. People have differing opinions on the juggalo thing (and I don't want to debate it) but LE does consider them to be a gang of sorts in some places.

Looking at moms Facebook ...I get the feeling they're poor & overwhelmed at the moment. They appear to love their children.

While I get many are freaked out by lice, roaches, and animal feces....( myself included) you would be utterly shocked at the vast numbers of children that live that that in ghettos in this country.
They may not have pigs... But they sure have rats the size of small cats.

In no way do any of those children appear malnourished.

I would have hoped the "concerned church folk" would have offered a helping hand and helped this family stay together.

All IMO

Looking at moms Facebook ...I get the feeling they're poor & overwhelmed at the moment. They appear to love their children.

While I get many are freaked out by lice, roaches, and animal feces....( myself included) you would be utterly shocked at the vast numbers of children that live that that in ghettos in this country.
They may not have pigs... But they sure have rats the size of small cats.

In no way do any of those children appear malnourished.

I would have hoped the "concerned church folk" would have offered a helping hand and helped this family stay together.

All IMO

I agree, to some extent. They clearly need to get their act together, and figure out how they let things get so bad. They do seem to love, and have fun with, their kids. But loving your kids also means providing them with a basic standard of care, sanitation, and adequate food. It does seem like their friends are rallying behind them, on the FB support page. If they get their kids back, I hope they are monitored well and do a better job. I get the impression the FB support page is kind of edited to fit an agenda - "see what good parents we are?" but then again, who posts their parenting fails on FB? Most people only post the good moments.

I agree, to some extent. They clearly need to get their act together, and figure out how they let things get so bad. They do seem to love, and have fun with, their kids. But loving your kids also means providing them with a basic standard of care, sanitation, and adequate food. It does seem like their friends are rallying behind them, on the FB support page. If they get their kids back, I hope they are monitored well and do a better job. I get the impression the FB support page is kind of edited to fit an agenda - "see what good parents we are?" but then again, who posts their parenting fails on FB? Most people only post the good moments.

Personally, I think the money the state is forking out for fostercare would be better spent giving them intensive in home services.
It's really a shame the church couldn't be so bothered. Irks me no end.

Like I said, those children appear to be above a healthy weight.

If children were removed from homes due to insect & rodent infestations....there would be another 100000 children easily overwhelming the system.

I've personally known fosterparents who battled lice for months from a new placement.

Fleas? The last house I owned came infested. It took quite awhile to gets that under control. BTW...save your money & don't hire an exterminator...didn't do a darn thing...borax is the answer!!!!

Roaches? I'd burn my house down to the ground before I share my home with one. But countless people do. Yes, it's disgusting.

We had a family like this in the community where my church is. The kids came to our church as a part of the bus ministry, and sometimes the parents brought them.

I don't think there was a kid in the church they didnt give lice to at some point.the kids went to school with mine, I was friends with their grandmother and knew their dad before he married into this family.they were poor, but a loving family who took good care of the kids. The dad was clean until he joined the family, the grandmother tried to help, even as far as giving them a trailer on her land,But they were filthy and preferred living this way. They had everything they needed but they lived in a trailer in filth and the kids were always dirty and always had lice.

At school DHR was always involved due to the filth and lice. It didnt do any good. I gave them nice clothes. It wasn't long before they looked like the rest of their clothes.

These kids are grown today. They seem to be well adjusted with kids of their own. The bottom line is, you can't blame the church, or the school, or anyone. Some people are happy living this way and you aren't going to change them.

We had a family like this in the community where my church is. The kids came to our church as a part of the bus ministry, and sometimes the parents brought them.

I don't think there was a kid in the church they didnt give lice to at some point.the kids went to school with mine, I was friends with their grandmother and knew their dad before he married into this family.they were poor, but a loving family who took good care of the kids. The dad was clean until he joined the family, the grandmother tried to help, even as far as giving them a trailer on her land,But they were filthy and preferred living this way. They had everything they needed but they lived in a trailer in filth and the kids were always dirty and always had lice.

At school DHR was always involved due to the filth and lice. It didnt do any good. I gave them nice clothes. It wasn't long before they looked like the rest of their clothes.

These kids are grown today. They seem to be well adjusted with kids of their own. The bottom line is, you can't blame the church, or the school, or anyone. Some people are happy living this way and you aren't going to change them.

You're right, some people are. I would venture to guess most IMO most aren't.

IMO those children deserved a least a shot and their parents a helping hand before being ripped away from their family.

wtf i see no filth in the pictures on fb...

I wonder if those photos were taken at other locations? Or maybe long ago, or on days when cleaning had been done. I know I personally hate to take pics at home when the apartment is messy. Hard to know. Maybe things just got bad fairly recently?

It almost looked like the well lit photos were taken at a supervised family visit at CPS

Have to check out the dates on those photos

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20141217/ARTICLES/141219617

A man and woman whose children lived in a Wellford home amid pigs, bugs and animal waste pleaded guilty Wednesday to three counts each of child neglect.

Jarrod Wiggins, 42, and Deanna Boubaris, 23, each received 10-year prison sentences, but are expected to serve five years of probation if they complete parenting classes and comply with Department of Social Services and code requirements...

Hall said Boubaris and Wiggins have moved and are making efforts to create a safe home for their children in the hopes they will be reunited. She said they regularly visit the children, who are in DSS custody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back