FL - Father and Neighbor beat molester of 3 yr old

Wise Old Owl

Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
Reaction score
I first saw this early in the weekend in my local paper. This story is an update. I'm sure this will hit mainstream media in the next couple of days - especially if the perp/molester dies. Read the comments left after the article.

This is what we are coming to with these "sexual offenders". People are taking the law into their own hands. This "jerk" had been charged twice before and "let go". Even though the father didn't "catch" the jerk in the act - his 3yr old told him the next day that it happened. 3 yr olds usually don't lie - especially about "sexual" stuff.

Man beaten in Davie was accused of molestation before
Fort Lauderdale man attacked by father of child he is accused of fondling

By Jon Burstein

South Florida Sun Sentinel

8:14 p.m. EDT, October 25, 2009
DAVIE - The Fort Lauderdale man who police say was severely beaten by a furious father after allegedly fondling a 3-year-old boy has been arrested twice before in sex crime cases, but never convicted, according to court records.

Luke Petruschke had to be placed in a medically induced coma Saturday after he was kicked, punched and bludgeoned with concrete blocks and rocks by Manuel Vega, 27, and another man, according to Davie police. The attack happened just after Vega's son had revealed Petruschke fondled him the night before at the family's home in Davie, authorities said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/davie/sfl-molestation-beating-b102509,0,834973.story

I first saw this early in the weekend in my local paper. This story is an update. I'm sure this will hit mainstream media in the next couple of days - especially if the perp/molester dies. Read the comments left after the article.

This is what we are coming to with these "sexual offenders". People are taking the law into their own hands. This "jerk" had been charged twice before and "let go". Even though the father didn't "catch" the jerk in the act - his 3yr old told him the next day that it happened. 3 yr olds usually don't lie - especially about "sexual" stuff.

By Jon Burstein

DAVIE - The Fort Lauderdale man who police say was severely beaten by a furious father after allegedly fondling a 3-year-old boy has been arrested twice before in sex crime cases, but never convicted, according to court records.

Luke Petruschke had to be placed in a medically induced coma Saturday after he was kicked, punched and bludgeoned with concrete blocks and rocks by Manuel Vega, 27, and another man, according to Davie police. The attack happened just after Vega's son had revealed Petruschke fondled him the night before at the family's home in Davie, authorities said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/davie/sfl-molestation-beating-b102509,0,834973.story

:eek:

Strengthening laws would be a good thing...

Wow, I am surprised, I guess, that this doesn't happen more often.

I did a little reading-because the alleged perp does not have any convictions under his belt, he is considered a first time offender if he makes it even to trial. If he lives and if they dont drop the charges because dad beat him to a pulp.

By Jon Burstein

I hate to say this, really I do. I am usually not one to advocate violence. However, I am thinking this SHOULD happen far more often. The justice system is not working. These twisted freaks don't get better and too many children are abused and murdered by them. Enough is enough! Prison, if even convicted is nothing more than a revolving door. I am FED UP & SICK TO DEATH of it.

If the suspect has been convicted of sexual abuse before, did the boy's father not know? I'm NOT blaming the victims, just wondering what he was doing in their house IF his predilection for this was known.

When our eight children disclosed rape, that was only one of our agonies. We also have five older children. At the time of the disclosures, they ranged from 14-23. I will never forget getting a call from the police that our two oldest sons were seen in a vehicle outside where the rapist was staying (the mayor's home in a nearby small city). My husband raced to the location and, with the police, talked those young men down. Thankfully, they had no weapons, but they had a plan.

It took about ten months for our case to come to trial and I worried myself sick about our older children and possible reprisal. We lived through eight days of smurks and whispers during the trial from the accused that drove our older kids to distraction. I thought my husband was able to ignore it until I saw his hands each evening. He had dug deep fissures into each hand with his fingernails.

On the day of the convictions (12 convictions for rape, sodomy, and sex abuse), the judge commended both families for "comporting ourselves in a respectful manner". Then, as the young rapist was being led away, our eldest son yelled out "I hope you rot in hell!". I remember how awful it was when my typically gentle son was wrestled to the ground by a bailiff and the rapist laughed.

Cool heads do not prevail when a child is harmed. My prayer is that this abuser will live to stand trial and the father of the child will seek support from a counselor or clergy. He owes that to his child. The father cannot allow the abuser to poison this family's life. There must be room for healing.

The more stories I read about children/babies who are raped & or killed, I wonder why our society has not turned to vigilante justice more often. I can not blame these men for their actions, I know myself well enough that I know I would want to do the same thing.
If we don't protect the babies, then who will?

These man very well may have saved countless more children from being violated or even killed!

VB

I understand this. I don't condone it, but I understand it.

I understand it too, , but it's ALWAYS the wrong response. In addition to possibly being assaulted at the age of 3, this child will now also lose her Father to prison for assault or attempted murder or murder.

I have no idea whether or not the child was assaulted, but it does remind me of that case where that CT attorney stabbed a man to death based on the words of his 2-year-old as told to him by his wife. That atty is now jail for 20+ years and an innocent man is dead. I understand that this case has a different set of circumstance in that the man who the father attacked has some history of child sexual abuse accusations.

My prayers for this family.

Vegas Bride--I completely agree with you. However, we CANNOT forget that those meting out vigilante justice will also be held accountable. The last thing an abused child needs is a parent in jail.

I know all too well how tempting it is to think about "doing it". Possibly, because I think of myself as a pacifist, I dream of "accidentally" running over the rapist--OOPS. Believe me, it is a recurring fantasy of mine. I know it's normal and healthy but it doesn't make me very proud of myself. Who wants to be brought down to the base level of criminals?

I think our only recourse is to make our legislators know our feelings on crime. That's what we can do as civil human beings.

I hope the father gets off on a technicality. As it seems this perp has gotten off twice. I hope the lives to face trail just so the father will not be charged with murder. JMO

Vegas Bride--I completely agree with you. However, we CANNOT forget that those meting out vigilante justice will also be held accountable. The last thing an abused child needs is a parent in jail.

I know all too well how tempting it is to think about "doing it". Possibly, because I think of myself as a pacifist, I dream of "accidentally" running over the rapist--OOPS. Believe me, it is a recurring fantasy of mine. I know it's normal and healthy but it doesn't make me very proud of myself. Who wants to be brought down to the base level of criminals?

I think our only recourse is to make our legislators know our feelings on crime. That's what we can do as civil human beings.

You make good points that really resonate with how I see this too. The vigilante parent is forgetting that his acts will separate him from his family, who need him. I've thought in the dark reaches of the "not so decent" self that I'd grin ear to ear in my jail cell to have put the hurt on the man who terrorized me.

Truth is, I would lose my RN license and my means of supporting my family and beloved critters.

In the rage of the moment, thinking ahead isn't often thought of :(

The second point is that lowering ourselves to the baseness of the criminal is a contradiction that makes us no better than they are.

When the Twin Towers were attacked, we could have dropped a neutron bomb on Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Pakistan and solved a LOT of problems. But we are Americans. We maintain our integrity, dignity and humanity and wage a more appropriate sort of war. We don't stoop to the level of the terrorists, in spite of that being our first impulse. That first impulse to utterly defeat the enemy and eliminate them is understandable -- entirely!! -- but a blow to the GOODNESS we all yearn and strive for, in our personal and public/social lives.

I think we'll see more & more vigilante acts if the law doesn't get tougher on sex offenders.

Don't invite your favorite guy from the homeless shelter to come over and just because he's so very nice to you - questions everything. Is he so nice to you to get next to you, your kids?

People are just too trusting of strays anymore. Bad rap for the homeless but geez.

I think we'll see more & more vigilante acts if the law doesn't get tougher on sex offenders.
I agree with you on this post. I think, as I know for myself, people are getting sick and tired of adults messing with kids. All this freaky mess needs to end NOW.

If this story is true and if it happened to my child and I knew it was 100% true, my anger at the perp would be totally uncontrollable and given the chance I would do the same thing the father did!

PeteyGirl--That's why we call ourselves "survivors". We rose above the evil and moved on.

PeteyGirl--That's why we call ourselves "survivors". We rose above the evil and moved on.

:blowkiss: into a better place. Less trusting, more vigilant, much sadder but stronger. And better. God bless you and your beautiful family :)

if someone did unethical things to my children, my temperament level would be instantly non-existent of course. My children are my love, my life

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back