17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are people calling GZ a murderer? People act like GZ purposefully sought out TM just so he could kill him.

hmmm? :waitasec:
So if you were a neighborhood watchperson that sees an unfamiliar male walking around in the rain in a quite neighborhood, you would not have the right to wonder, what is he doing walking around in the rain??? Especially when there is no 7/11 around the corner.
AS a watchperson I would be sitting in the car and following him too. Especially after my neighborhood would have had 8 robberies in 15 months. I would also have called 911.
GZ did not have to witness a crime first? :waitasec:
that does not make sense to me, and we do not know who threw the first punch.

Martin walked right by him, why didn't Zimmerman just ask him if he was lost or needed help?

Where was Mr Obama when Caylee was put in trash bags and thrown in the woods and her mommy walked? He should keep his mouth zipped!

I want to preface my comment with, I am not an Obama supporter. I watched the news conference where he made his statements about this case. He was asked by reporters what he thought. His answer seemed genuine. He has as much right as any of us to speak his thoughts on the death of this boy. I thought it was awful how the Republicans jumped on it and tried to make it a political issue.

Do you believe the darkness of a person's skin says anything about the person inside?

NO WAY! but I do believe that changing the texture of a photo is deceptive.
It has only one purpose "PUBLIC IMPRESSION" and putting up a photo
of a sweet 12 year old is also meant to sway public opinion.

PS: my family is mixed - but I we cannot make this a racial issue.
I do not believe it is a racial issue, I believe it is lazy police work.

From the edited Orlando Sentinel story - Zimmerman's account:

IMO the situation was not as clear cut as Zimmerman claims or as we'd really like it to be. I do think that Zimmerman, as the one who followed Trayvon, as the one who carried a gun, and as the one who did not clearly identify himself according to both his version and TM's girlfriend's version, is the person who began the incident and who escalated it to a killing.

It's frustrating to see people claim that if Trayvon had identified himself that nothing would have happened.

Well, IMO if ZIMMERMAN had identified himself - "Hey, I'm neighborhood watch, George, what are your doing here?" - Trayvon probably would have answered with and identification. But GZ reached for his cell phone - I think TM saw the gun in GZ's waistband and thought GZ was reaching for that. That would be a very good reason for TM to panic. I know I would if I had been confronted with a belligerent man who did not identify himself and who was armed.

All my opinion, of course.
BBM

There's no indication that he kept his cell phone tucked inside the waistband of his pants next to his concealed weapon. JMO

I want to preface my comment that I am not an Obama supporter. I watched the news conference where he made his statements about this case. He was asked by reporters what he thought. His answer seemed genuine. He has as much right as any of us to speak his thoughts on the death of this boy. I thought it was awful how the Republicans jumped on it and tried to make it a political issue.

As someone pointed out, he should have also jumped on the Caylee case because children should not be put in the dumps in a garbage bag.
WHY only this case does he come out for? By the way I am a Democrat.

As someone pointed out, he should have also jumped on the Caylee case because children should not be put in the dumps in a garbage bag. WHY only this case does he come out for?
By the way I am a Democrat.
He could have easily declined comment and said that he was confident justice would prevail. JMO

Nor do I.

What I do think is that GZ is an overzealous, bigoted, frustrated vigilante and wannabe cop that took matters into his own hands against the advice of authorities and the outcome speaks for itself.

And he might have pictured himself detaining HIS "suspect" at gun point until the police got there. As Nancy Grace has said, pointing a gun at someone, even if you don't mean to shoot, is still intent under the law, if they are shot.

I want to preface my comment with, I am not an Obama supporter. I watched the news conference where he made his statements about this case. He was asked by reporters what he thought. His answer seemed genuine. He has as much right as any of us to speak his thoughts on the death of this boy. I thought it was awful how the Republicans jumped on it and tried to make it a political issue.

And if this was a Republican president, or white man/woman, s/he likely would have been asked too because of all the attention it has gotten. It's not uncommon for the president to be asked about big cases. His answer was fairly non-political, non-accusatory, and attempting to be sympathetic and connect personally to the issue - something that ANY politician, regardless of race, gender, or party would usually do, if asked.

There's really no need to get political about this at all.

Working on a new thread will be closing this one in a few...

And he might have pictured himself detaining HIS "suspect" at gun point until the police got there. As Nancy Grace has said, pointing a gun at someone, even if you don't mean to shoot, is still intent under the law, if they are shot.
Unfortunately for this conjecture, no witness has said anything remotely like this happened.

And if this was a Republican president, or white man/woman, s/he likely would have been asked too because of all the attention it has gotten. It's not uncommon for the president to be asked about big cases. His answer was fairly non-political, non-accusatory, and attempting to be sympathetic and connect personally to the issue - something that ANY politician, regardless of race, gender, or party would usually do, if asked.

There's really no need to get political about this at all.
He should have stayed out of it and said that he trusted his Justice Department to do a fair job. That should have been it.

It was 60 degrees out, in Sanford Fl, at 7 pm on the night of the incident. And it was raining. For some one from south Florida, Miami, 60 degrees is cold. I haven't read this any where, but does any one know if Trayvon had anything on under the hoodie? It's entirely possible that was all he had on over his upper body.

There are several things that come to mind. This racial thing for one. GZ didn't know he was even black anyway considering TM wore and hoodie, it was dark and it was raining. And why was TM wearing a hoodie on a Florida night that is warm anyway?

I live in Northeastern NC and saw my first alligator in a canal near the Outer Banks last week. I never knew they had them here. He was a big sucker, too. Certainly hasn't missed any meals. People were so shocked they were stopping to take pictures. It was around 60 degrees that day. I haven't seen a snake yet but I hear they are around. Yuck.

Alligators will still be around when the air temperature is 60, but mostly they would be looking for sunny areas to warm themselves. Since the water temperature in February would be close or maybe slightly warmer than 60, after sunset, they would probably be in the water rather than on the edge.

We went birdwatching near Lakeland, Florida in January on a day in the mid 60s. Alligators were all over the paths catching rays. The park rangers had to keep the tourists from trying to pet the 12 foot 'mama' gator that was hanging out at one point! :floorlaugh:

So why did he linger around if he was in such fear of Zimmerman?
he was on the phone with his gf and thought he lost GZ I walk around and talk on my phone all the time in fact I am a middle aged white female republican with 5 kids and don't find anything TM did suspicious

As someone pointed out, he should have also jumped on the Caylee case because children should not be put in the dumps in a garbage bag.
WHY only this case does he come out for? By the way I am a Democrat.

This is O/T, but what exactly is he going to say? The verdict was rendered, the jury made it's decision. You really expect a sitting president to make a comment against the american justice system, no matter what their personal beliefs are?

Ok... closing thread, please continue here...
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7729704#post7729704"]FL 17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

There are a lot of perps who walk just like there are a lot of innocent people in jail. This is not about Caylee Anthony.

Sorry!!
You are right my post was about Mr. Obama and zipping his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998