the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help. I missed today because I had to work. Been watching the "reruns" but haven't been able to see after the afternoon break. Did they continue after that?

Yes but with nothing substantive.

he does have a mental health witness of some sort.. this witness had info pertaining to that stolen at some point during the trial (I have not heard any follow up on that theft reported on with that being said)

Nurse.. I think that's Alice Laviolette.. idk end of Jan or 1st week of Feb there was a B & E (Don't mean bacon & eggs a la Dane Cook) at her house where her lap top was taken which contained her case notes (conveniently since JA claims she didn't say all this stuff that she must of before that JM would ask her about now)..

At first local coverage wondered if connected but then thought random crime but after first few days never heard word about it again.

Popped in and read a bit today. Could't watch much live streaming. Trying to catch up. So far, feeling disappointed. The judge is lame (at best), JM is more emotional than the defendant and the DA has woken up enough to cite typical objections over and over and over again. The jury asked how many questions? Nine?

I'm really put off.

moo

Actually what I saw Pink was really great by Mr Martinez. I think judge has to be careful because of dp appeals. I do understand your frustration..i have felt the same way. Mr Martinez is doing an awesome job and so is the jury...imo

as jury instructions will address how to evaluate testimony. This is from the standard criminal jury instrctions for AZ:

I think the juror questions illustrate their awareness of credibility. This case is almost wholly dependent on the defendants credibility and I think JM has elicited overwhelming evidence, from the testimony of the defendant herself, that she lacks any semblance of credibility. The jurors may essentially then just disregard all of her testimony. The only alternate facts in evidence are those the prosecutor laid out. I think that bodes well.

I don't see the jurors wasting their time trying to make sense of her testimony and resolve it's conflicts. They are much more likely to disregard it in it's entirety, IMO. If so, there should be a fairly quick verdict. Can anyone imagine anything being "quick" in this case? For the sake of TA's family I hope the verdict is.

http://www.azbar.org/media/58832/2-standard_criminal_revised_2012.pdf

I said something similar to my daughter the other night. "I think when it comes time to deliberate, we're going to be amazed as the swiftness they reach their verdict."

Then last night on one of the shows there was someone who said they don't see her getting the DP because there's so many men on the jury and they don't like to give the DP to a woman. I said to my son, "They're wrong, JA scares men to death!" My son agreed!

Hope I don't have to eat my words!:what:

JMHO
fran

I havent listened to today yet...eek... I will probably be up very late listening..but did I hear somewhere today that now she has added that Travis hit her????
Jeez ..

I'm just thankful her cleaning skills are on the same level w her painting/ photography.

Mediocre.

Given I hope JA gets the punishment she deserves, Martinez (who I was impressed with the 1st week) I would not like if I was on that jury for many reasons. One being he is questioning JA memories, issues, etc but doesnt remember his own questions has to have the clerk read it so obiviously he has issues himself... And he (imo) tries to create arguments. He wouldn't help the DA if I was sitting on that jury...JMO and I do hope she is punished again ..........
I don't think it's that Juan can't remember his own questions. I think he does that because he is dealing with a hostile witness, who claims not to remember the questions when a "mean man" like him asks them, so he's helping to refresh her memory by having the court reporter read them back.

I always thought he had the clerk read the questions to peeve her off and because he was tired of playing her "could you repeat that" game.

It is not a "clerk," it is a court reporter. And that is what their job is, to read back testimony if necessary. I know this because I am a court reporter.

True but why leave it to chance? Thinking as if I was on the jury, I would feel that it would be impossible but if the prosecution did not present evidence to demonstrate that impossibility it could lead me to think that it is indeed possible.

Totally understand what you are saying! Perhaps we will just have to wait and see.

And, Welcome!
:welcome4:

My favorite line from today's trial..."What were you planning to do? Throw the gun at him?" I laughed for about an hour after that....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm still laughing at that line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's great that he asks the CR to re-read his questions. JA blamed her FOG on the way JM asked questions, so by having the CR re-read the question, he takes himself out of he equation and shows that she still can't properly answer a question.

Plus it puts an end to their (her) back & forth word-games, for which I'm sure the jury is grateful.

That's true but to me some of his questions, which could be phrased directly with a yes or no answer, he asks in a way that seems to be more of a "gray area" by the way he phrases them.

And don't know about y'all but my head would be in worst shape than a "fog" if I did that to someone...which that would NEVER happen but I can imagine I would be frantic, wouldn't know if I was coming or going....Dont see how people can live with themselves after doing such a thing...ugh

Thanks! I didn't know this! You don't know how many times I have erased stuff on accident! I'm going to tuck this info into my brain! Thanks again!

Command+Z (Apple+Z on some keyboards) does the same. It's the "undo" function.

CTRL+Z on a PC.

My favorite line from today's trial..."What were you planning to do? Throw the gun at him?" I laughed for about an hour after that....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

And......"and then the fog rolled in"

Roflmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think it's kinda cute how THRILLED Janine Driver is about being in the court room today.. I can imagine it's exciting being able to do her body language analysis with a full real life view

And wtf the crazy guest with a knife blaming JUAN for the 18 days of testimony and burning out the jurors... Did he even watch the trial?? NURMI is the one who dragged out irrelevant testimony for days and days and had absolutely no connection with the jurors. This guest is truly clueless and the knife he brings on the show is disrespectful, creepy and unnecessary.
MOO!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

That's true but to me some of his questions, which could be phrased directly with a yes or no answer, he asks in a way that seems to be more of a "gray area" by the way he phrases them.

And don't know about y'all but my head would be in worst shape than a "fog" if I did that to someone...which that would NEVER happen but I can imagine I would be frantic, wouldn't know if I was coming or going....Dont see how people can live with themselves after doing such a thing...ugh

You aren't a sociopath void of conscience, empathy or the capacity to register human emotion. For a sinkhole with the morals of a maggot, it's easy.

Damn mark e is attractive but I wanna punch him in the Adam's apple

Beyond what the medical examiner said about when the gun shot happened, going to get the knife - having time to do that- is exactly what Juan was talking about today. She didn't have time. That was his argument EXACTLY.

I can just see the jurors doing a timed reenactment, like in 12 Angry Men, starting with the fumbled camera pic and ending with her bloody shoe.

As far as "battered woman syndrome" is concerned, I would think for one to qualify it would have to be a relationship long than 1.5 years on and off.

Her relationship before Travis was DB who seemed according to her did not abuse her.

Off topic side note:

Got accepted to lsu law school today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members