the question phase continues: Arias on the stand for the 18th day #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyond what the medical examiner said about when the gun shot happened, going to get the knife - having time to do that- is exactly what Juan was talking about today. She didn't have time. That was his argument EXACTLY.

I have gone back and forth on which came first.

But what sticks with me is her ninja story, where Travis is shot, is down in the bathroom, and the male ninja "left the room for a minute." I mean, really, why insert that? It doesn't flow with the story. That makes me think its possible that the gun DID jam, and while TA was down in the bathroom, she (she being the male ninja character in this instance) ran down and grabbed a knife. It would be a straight shot down the stairs, no turns, just straight into the kitchen and back up the stairs.

When she got back, TA could have pulled himself up by the bathroom counter, turned and tried to get down the hall. That's when she returned, stabbed him everywhere, and the photo we see is the final cut in progress.

I think it's possible. The autopsy report is not definitive about the bullet being incapacitating. And the gunshot wound and trajectory match exactly with shooting him while he sat in the shower.

But it doesn't really matter except for the curiosity factor. Whether she shot or stabbed first, she murdered him in a premeditated act.

You just made my point Venom.. "We" can make fun of JA for her glasses, her cold sore, her clothing, the way she drinks from her cup, her ugly vagina..yet..nobody has put her down for joining the Mormon religion..cos that would be Mormon bashing. Guess that was the only thing JA did right in her life??

That is not what I meant. I meant that she wanted to look like a devout mormon only to be accepted by Travis and his friends, hence keeping the "appearance" of being mormon. She wasn't really interested in becoming mormon, it only benefited her to get closer to Travis.

I don't think it's that Juan can't remember his own questions. I think he does that because he is dealing with a hostile witness, who claims not to remember the questions when a "mean man" like him asks them, so he's helping to refresh her memory by having the court reporter read them back.

Totally agree with you! He refused to play her game, he effectively changed the rules and she wasn't happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite line from today's trial..."What were you planning to do? Throw the gun at him?" I laughed for about an hour after that....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

War Eagle !!! Did you see the look on her face when he asked the question?

:gasp:

Her defense is sinking like the Titanic IMO. It seemed like Nurmi was deflated when she made that statement that "sometimes I felt like I may have provoked Travis".

Whoa. I missed this. Can't wait to catch it on reviewing.

Totally understand what you are saying! Perhaps we will just have to wait and see.

And, Welcome!
:welcome4:

Indeed! I just think that proof that she could not have gotten the gun the way she describes it is the key to proving premeditation. Forget gas cans, license plates and rather the gun shot or the stabs came first, prove that she lied about getting the gun from the closet and she is nailed to the wall.

That's true but to me some of his questions, which could be phrased directly with a yes or no answer, he asks in a way that seems to be more of a "gray area" by the way he phrases them.

IMO, JM can't ask a straight question because JA won't give a straight answer. She has to redefine/twist the meaning of the question to fit her lies, forcing him to constantly change the question.

You just made my point Venom.. "We" can make fun of JA for her glasses, her cold sore, her clothing, the way she drinks from her cup, her ugly vagina..yet..nobody has put her down for joining the Mormon religion..cos that would be Mormon bashing. Guess that was the only thing JA did right in her life??
Nope, because she joined for all the wrong reasons- she had no belief in Mormonism. She only converted to snare Travis. She will surely be excommunicated. I am not Mormon, but I do have some good friends who are.

Not sure regarding Martinez having any DV experts scheduled to testify, however, why should he? He is totally going to disseminate whoever the defense calls. There is absolutely no self-defense, and no abuse.

No comparison to the other case you mentioned. We all know how Travis died and who killed him.

MOO

He's got a shrink testifying, the one who got her laptop stolen.

Well said KatieDDJ. Martinez did a fine job with a snarky, combative defendant who thought she should be in control of the courtroom. He let her get away with nothing.

Well said KatieDDJ. Martinez did a fine job with a snarky, combative defendant who thought she should be in control of the courtroom. He let her get away with nothing.

Agree! No thanks to the judge! IMO she allowed Jodi to get away with far too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you see my comment about this on the legal thread?

It's true that experts are not supposed to be advocates and should testify truthfully, but some experts are more in the advocacy business than others. Laviolette, for example, is an advocate for FEMALE domestic abuse victims -- it's her thing, and I somewhat expect her testimony to be a little more advocacy than some other expert witnesses.

In other words, LaViolette's testimony may be less than truthful, and more biased toward a woman. Great. :banghead: Hopefully, JM can somehow impeach any testimony she may have. I guess if someone is paid for their testimony, they do not have to honor the oath they take to tell the truth. Um, think that is perjury.

Why bother?

As far as "battered woman syndrome" is concerned, I would think for one to qualify it would have to be a relationship long than 1.5 years on and off.

Her relationship before Travis was DB who seemed according to her did not abuse her.

Yes, and also (I'm not sure of when she moved to AZ and how long she lived there except I think it was a short time) they didn't really live in the same state during the 1.5 year on/off relationship. She didn't have to accept his calls or texts, or even see him if he was so abusive.

My understanding of "aphasia" is when someone loses to ability to speak/communicate, usually brought on by a stroke to the right hemisphere of the brain.
Yes, expressive aphasia is the loss of word recall due to stroke or head trauma. It affects spoken language (as opposed to speech) and writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail