ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, don't cut down my country's legal system. We have had our share of serious crimes, and Luka is more than likely going to be slapped with a dangerous offender label, which mean he will never be free again.

THANK YOU/MERCI BEAUCOUP, JEANNE! And yes......once he's slapped with the 'dangerous offender' label, it's all over for the remainder of his life.

For those who are posting negative things about our CANADIAN legal system.....I hope you all saw how well his 'home-coming' was done.

:jail:

Gallery: Luka Rocco Magnotta arrives in Canada

http://www.globalmontreal.com/photo...witter&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=community

The one in the van is so telling. He's so pleased with himself. :sick:

do you think so? I guess I'm a bit naive but I just don't see him pleased with himself, I expected him to strike a pose to the camera with his best angle, but no his eyelids looks droppy like someone a bit drugged? To me it almost looks like he is just not there, mainly after watching the video. IMHO, he definitely didn't look very alive and energetic like in the coverguy audition and that plastic surgery video.

I'm only saying that he doesn't look pleased with himself or enjoying the attention because I saw the videos of Anders Breivik smiling to all the cameras, even in trial he had a smirk after murdering almost 80 persons/teenagers in Norway... that scene totally changed my perception of a criminal pleased with himself, someone with no remorse at all, someone proud of doing evil. I actually expected Magnotta doing something similar, so it's almost surprising how quiet he acted. JMO

I'm very interested to know what kinds of psych-meds he was supposed to be taking. Many (if not all) of the psych-meds cause male impotence, so he's not been on them, I suppose.

That said, I have NOT watched any of the vids so I don't know if he's able to perform sexually or not. :dunno:

I noticed his expression too. He was kind of looking at Eric in a stunned way, as though he couldn't quite process the appearance of the demented freak.

I thought the same from both Officers. Especially the bearded one. I cant imagine laying eyes on him. Passengers who were on the same flight when Luka fled Canada must be horrified. Especially those seated in the same row. I wonder if there was any conversation with him in flight. Given his appearance and crying.

:what:maybe what each of us sees says more about us than him

I think what each of us sees is in line with whatever theory we have formed around his personality. I don't think he HAS a personality. He is an empty vessel, and to me, his face reflects that.

I thought i detected a slight expression change after deplaning. Perhaps i will change my opinion to more of a smug look than a smirk. Perhaps he feels he accomplished what he wanted. World attention with a shock component. Who knows what goes on in a mind such as his. I wonder if he will confess to the location of Lin's head. Or is that the last horrifying act yet to come.

THANK YOU/MERCI BEAUCOUP, JEANNE! And yes......once he's slapped with the 'dangerous offender' label, it's all over for the remainder of his life.

For those who are posting negative things about our CANADIAN legal system.....I hope you all saw how well his 'home-coming' was done.

And take note of the people walking around free in your own country. (O.J, Casey Anthony are two good examples)

:what: I know this is idiotic of me, but I'm going to tune into CBC this afternoon at 2pm. :what: (My husband is upstairs hiding out in the den!!) :biggrin:

It's sweltering hot here so that's my excuse for staying indoors and watching!! And.....I work with young offenders/psych patients/etc. It's a learning experience for me.......

And take note of the people walking around free in your own country. (O.J, Casey Anthony are two good examples)

Indeed. OJ and Casey Anthony take the cake. And I love the way Canada law forbids 'trial by the media'.

J'aime mon pays de Vancouver a` Halifax. :rocker:

OT: i've wondered this from the beginning, why do new threads get started after 60 or so pages? IMO it would be easier if we just had 1 long thread that we kept going. granted it would be 100s of pages but still. no offense....j/w
Maybe there's a technical reason with the software, but I think it's a good idea.These threads move pretty quickly, a new one just about every day with the previous one being closed. Many folks have lives outside of sitting on Websleuths 24/7, so can be way behind whenever they log in. Many will ask questions that have already been answered a few pages ahead. Closing a thread keeps this from happening as often.

Maybe there's a technical reason with the software, but I think it's a good idea.These threads move pretty quickly, a new one just about every day with the previous one being closed. Many folks have lives outside of sitting on Websleuths 24/7, so can be way behind whenever they log in. Many will ask questions that have already been answered a few pages ahead. Closing a thread keeps this from happening as often.

thank u! was beginning to think no one would respond.

....but for this (bolded) reason, i find it harder. i am 1 of those that find it impossible to stay caught up....& when a new thread is started, it makes it a pain to quote something i may question cuz im behind...in a locked thread. :banghead: ...but i understand what ur saying....the question may already be adressed in a further post.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...ak_magnotta_120619/20120619/?hub=MontrealHome

BREAKING: Magnotta hires Marc Labelle as lawyer

He represented Karla Homolka!!!!

"In December 2000, Karla Homolka's lawyer told the media that his client feared being killed by vigilantes�when she is freed from prison. With Corrections Canada poised to ask that Homolka be detained for her full 12-year sentence on grounds she'll kill again, lawyer Marc Labelle said Homolka was petrified that she'd be murdered. Labelle said Homolka had not only received further threats from within the prison system, but she had also been targeted for death on chat groups that his legal assistants uncovered on the Internet."

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...ak_magnotta_120619/20120619/?hub=MontrealHome

"In December 2000, Karla Homolka's lawyer told the media that his client feared being killed by vigilantes�when she is freed from prison. With Corrections Canada poised to ask that Homolka be detained for her full 12-year sentence on grounds she'll kill again, lawyer Marc Labelle said Homolka was petrified that she'd be murdered. Labelle said Homolka had not only received further threats from within the prison system, but she had also been targeted for death on chat groups that his legal assistants uncovered on the Internet."

Why am I not surprised? Some of us should have guessed he'd hire the same attorney. :sick:

I am not surprised in the least. Those of you who still think he is insane, what do you think now??? This guy is more devious than you think. He knows darn well what he is doing. What a manipulator.

A little levity - I'm watching the Buffalo noon news. According to them he's not back in Canada yet. Buffalo says he'll be returned to Canada SOON. :lol: And then they showed the clip of him getting off the plane at Mirabel!!

And on a serious note - WTH, Karla Homolka's lawyer???????? I'm dumbfounded. :what:

Why am I not surprised? Some of us should have guessed he'd hire the same attorney. :sick:

I read it and let loose a sardonic laugh. Yup, we should have foreseen this!

You know it might be a good thing he has hired this lawyer. People have not forgot Homolka and perhaps this is going to backfire on him big time, even though I am sure he is sitting in his cell with the biggest grin. This is going to be the biggest circus we have seen since that time but this time the joke may be on you Mr. LM. Let the games begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021